Emberwood Did you wonder where I've been all night
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
It was as though she pushed the fog out of her mind and slightly into his. He hadn't been away from Takiyok for very long, but he knew that she might panic if she awoke to find him gone. They had both been on edge, and he knew he couldn't stay away from her.
But the woman relayed a story that made little sense. Her mother had died. She had been attacked. She'd hit her head. She was alone in the woods. Taikon listened, licking his lips again anxiously, slowly. This poor girl didn't know what the hell had happened to her.
She looked up at him again, and he blinked slowly. Taikon wasn't sure how to react to this lost woman. A thought ran through him then, thinking that no, this was too easy. Clearly, she had been trained to know his weakness, trained to know him. Someone had sent her to get him to "help" her, and she was the one that would lead Takiyok and he to their doom. He knew little of Mahler's ways or of his friends, and would not have put such a thing past him.
Taikon looked at her, and frowned. He knew that no one knew him this well, not even Takiyok. She was a real woman. She was really in trouble. S-stay? He faltered for a moment, unsure. He lifted a paw as though to step backward, shifting his gaze away. I-I can't, I mean, I..
Get your shit together. That old voice. She needs him. Takiyok needs him. He can't just.. bring a stranger back with him. That wouldn't make shit all sense to Takiyok.
Fuck sense. What was he supposed to do. Leave her there? I can't stay here, but maybe.. you should come with me? Where it's safe... He said it slowly, barely believing himself. One doll-eyed damsel looks him in the eye and he offers her classified information? He felt stupid, silly. But he couldn't leave her there alone by herself — anything could happen to her.
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)
Messages In This Thread
Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Taikon - November 27, 2020, 10:46 PM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Zephyr - November 27, 2020, 10:58 PM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Taikon - November 27, 2020, 11:30 PM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Zephyr - November 27, 2020, 11:38 PM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Taikon - November 27, 2020, 11:48 PM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Zephyr - November 28, 2020, 12:07 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Taikon - November 28, 2020, 12:22 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Zephyr - November 28, 2020, 12:40 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Taikon - November 28, 2020, 12:56 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Zephyr - November 28, 2020, 01:45 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Taikon - November 28, 2020, 02:04 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Takiyok - November 28, 2020, 02:23 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Zephyr - November 28, 2020, 02:32 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Taikon - November 28, 2020, 02:43 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Takiyok - November 28, 2020, 02:57 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Taikon - November 28, 2020, 03:14 AM