Meadowlark Prairie I've been losing sleep while I'm at home
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Hey no worries! I appreciate this thread very much and I hope Cordelia finds her way soon <3

The woman, who remained without a name, was wary as ever. He could hear it in her voice. He could feel the tension in her skin, even from the distance he had given her. Taikon did not know her story, but there was some part of him that wished to. Like many he had met before her, he knew well that life out here could be hard, if not impossible. He wondered what she was hiding from. He wondered what might live beneath the mask she wore.
But, the prince knew that it was not his place to pry. For she was nothing if not fearful or distrusting, and clearly there was some reason for her to be. Part of him wondered if she had once hailed from a kingdom like that his mother had run, if she had run from the enslavement of her people, and thus had stories too difficult to bear.
He nodded, still not looking at her. You are welcome, if you ever change your mind. My name is Taikon — just ask for me at the border, he said softly, his voice carried vaguely on the light winter wind.
With that, he left her there, intentionally moving in the opposite direction. His hunt had been unsuccessful, and he had done nothing but cause her anguish. He wished that she might have been in a place to take the offer, but he also knew what it was like to live life in the shadows. He knew she had her reasons.
Into the horizon he vanished.
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)
Messages In This Thread
I've been losing sleep while I'm at home - by Taikon - December 08, 2020, 01:27 AM
RE: I've been losing sleep while I'm at home - by Cordelia - December 21, 2020, 09:50 PM
RE: I've been losing sleep while I'm at home - by Taikon - December 23, 2020, 03:33 AM
RE: I've been losing sleep while I'm at home - by Cordelia - December 23, 2020, 06:59 PM
RE: I've been losing sleep while I'm at home - by Taikon - December 23, 2020, 10:18 PM
RE: I've been losing sleep while I'm at home - by Cordelia - January 06, 2021, 08:34 PM
RE: I've been losing sleep while I'm at home - by Taikon - January 11, 2021, 09:38 PM
RE: I've been losing sleep while I'm at home - by Cordelia - January 20, 2021, 09:20 PM
RE: I've been losing sleep while I'm at home - by Taikon - January 27, 2021, 05:06 PM
RE: I've been losing sleep while I'm at home - by Cordelia - January 27, 2021, 10:53 PM
RE: I've been losing sleep while I'm at home - by Taikon - January 30, 2021, 11:19 PM