Stone Circle Insight I
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
It made sense to Taikon that Valette had taken over the rearing of the children when her sister had passed, but it hadn't been something he'd realized had happened until she said it. There was no doubt in his mind then that she must have cared dearly for Taktuq. Likely her absence had been worrying her just as much as Siarut. Taikon looked at the stone when the tender-hearted woman did, frowning for a moment, but finding his spirits brightened by the recollection of Siarut's late wife. He wondered silently what she had been protecting them from and whether Ursus had been involved with trying to harm the children.
Taikon wished that he might have met this woman who had pushed hard to make a life for her children. Nanook. What a pretty name. He looked on in silence, unable to recall a memory of this person and wishing that he had stepped into Takiyok's life sooner.
O-oh, he answered to her realization, lost in thought. But before he could stop her, she was off, and he was left alone with the stones.
Taikon sat down, exhausted from his trip and feeling rather out of place in this clearly sacred area. He looked at Nanook's stone, wishing silently that he might have been available during her time of need. Taktuq had had a rough beginning and a rough middle. He wondered if she would ever recover, but knew that only with time and healing could they find out. She was a strong girl like Takiyok, but Taikon wished that she didn't have to be. Now was the time for girls to discover themselves and learn what they loved. It was supposed to be a time for crushes on boys that didn't matter and angry outbursts over nothing. Instead, Taktuq was practicing avoidance, just like Taki had done in the past.
When Valette returned, she was carrying a massive prize from a kill. He would have offered to help, but instead he just stood there and stared wide-eyed. When she set it down, he was about ready to cry. Wow, uh, thank you. This is very gracious of you, he said, and did not hesitate in leaning down to eat, pulling the meat from the huge bone in large bites. He stopped for a moment to speak. I don't know what Taktuq's attackers looked like, she hasn't said much. I worry that they're still around though. Do you think it could have been Ursus?
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)
Messages In This Thread
Insight I - by Taikon - December 21, 2020, 12:10 AM
RE: Insight I - by RIP Valette - December 23, 2020, 03:39 PM
RE: Insight I - by Taikon - December 23, 2020, 09:50 PM
RE: Insight I - by RIP Valette - December 26, 2020, 04:59 AM
RE: Insight I - by Taikon - December 27, 2020, 06:03 PM
RE: Insight I - by RIP Valette - December 29, 2020, 04:42 AM
RE: Insight I - by Taikon - December 29, 2020, 10:21 PM
RE: Insight I - by RIP Valette - December 30, 2020, 08:21 AM
RE: Insight I - by Taikon - December 31, 2020, 01:15 AM
RE: Insight I - by RIP Valette - January 01, 2021, 03:37 PM
RE: Insight I - by Taikon - January 03, 2021, 11:00 PM