Lake Rodney and i don't care if nothing is mine
and i'm wondering who could be writing this song?
209 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Private 
for @Khali >:) set for March 2

before moving on from brecheliant, cam stopped at the rather large lake just shy of that territory. he thought he'd been here before—it seemed awfully familiar—but he might just be confusing it with one of the other myriad bodies of water in these parts.

either way, the lakeshore was inviting even in late winter, its tall, naked birches providing some cover from the wind. he slipped through these trees, already a little homesick for the evergreen boughs of his forest. the feeling only grew as he realized that the place would no longer be home. . .that they were leaving it behind for better things.

hopefully, their new home would treat them more kindly. cam couldn't bear the thought of more loss.

he settled with a sigh down beneath a smaller tree, watching the breeze ripple across the water. the birds were returning again, flying northward from their winter abodes. his eyes followed one such flock of what appeared to be geese, in their customary v-formation against the blue sky.

they broke, and began to settle down upon the lake, lighting either upon the water or the shore nearby. cam smiled absently to see their elongated necks, to hear their incessant honk-squawks.
Messages In This Thread
and i don't care if nothing is mine - by Cam - March 04, 2021, 10:17 AM
RE: and i don't care if nothing is mine - by Khali - March 08, 2021, 05:43 PM
RE: and i don't care if nothing is mine - by Cam - March 11, 2021, 01:24 PM
RE: and i don't care if nothing is mine - by Khali - March 25, 2021, 10:42 PM
RE: and i don't care if nothing is mine - by Cam - March 29, 2021, 10:42 AM
RE: and i don't care if nothing is mine - by Khali - April 04, 2021, 02:27 AM
RE: and i don't care if nothing is mine - by Cam - April 13, 2021, 12:50 PM