Noctisardor Bypass the brave little tailor
62 Posts
Ooc —
The good doktor was all business once Thade revealed his sprain. The yearling almost regretted spoiling the moment though this sentiment was quickly forgotten as Mahler snuffled about the ankle in question. He marveled at his father’s trained seriousness and wondered at what was going on in his head. His heartrate spiked; his very flesh recalling the memory of bringing a thorn-riddled paw to his captor, only for her to scold and batter him for getting hurt.

No such abuses came from Mahler, however. None could, of course, and Thade inwardly berated himself for considering otherwise — even for less than a second…

He knew he should have felt relieved for the concern rather than the fury, but the wolf felt no lighter. Thade felt the opposite, in all actuality, and he was surprised to find such a heavy emotion there in the pit of his chest. Was it… disappointment?

The implications of feeling disappointed at being met with proper fatherly attention was far too much for him to grasp in that moment. He fell into a stunned sort of silence as he heeded the Graf, following at a diminished pace due to his tired limp. But Mahler was curious, as he was entitled to be.

Thade swallowed the lump in his throat, grateful for the distraction, even if it was a topic he did not previously want to explore. I got into a fight with my friend… well, I guess he’s not my friend anymore, is he? he remarked dryly, snorting. He wasn’t… He didn’t beat me up or nothin’, Thade thought to defend; he could not afford to look like a wimp on top of everything else. I would’ve won — I just fell down on my leg kinda bad, and when I cried out, he… he just stood there an-and looked at me all weird, then he took off. He just left me there. Some friend, right?

When he stopped, he realized he had been rambling. He realized he did not have many outlets for the things he had to say, or the things he wanted to know. Thade cleared his throat, anxiety coursing through him as he toughed out an even pace beside the all-knowing patriarch.
Messages In This Thread
the brave little tailor - by Thade - March 28, 2021, 05:05 PM
RE: the brave little tailor - by Mahler - March 28, 2021, 05:42 PM
RE: the brave little tailor - by Thade - April 03, 2021, 07:44 PM
RE: the brave little tailor - by Mahler - April 03, 2021, 08:54 PM
RE: the brave little tailor - by Thade - April 09, 2021, 11:30 PM
RE: the brave little tailor - by Mahler - April 12, 2021, 03:39 PM
RE: the brave little tailor - by Thade - April 20, 2021, 03:01 PM
RE: the brave little tailor - by Mahler - April 23, 2021, 07:56 PM