The Tangle i've been watching your kindness keep a lonely company
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
He hoped that his name would spark Zephyr’s memory. That every moment they shared together would come flooding back to them. There’s nothing but an apology. Hyacinth’s throat goes dry then, and his tail falls slowly.

Not everything is lost though. There is recognition, though vague. There’s still hope. 

You did, Hyacinth whispered. There’s still hope. His ears perked up then and he took another step forward. And I loved you. I still do.

He took in a shaky breath. We- we met as kids. Near a lake? You said you knew me but I couldn’t remember. Did his sister feel this terrified when she realized Hyacinth didn’t remember her?

And we’ve been together ever since. We stayed at neverwinter for awhile until… u-until— Hyacinth proceeded to indecipherably stutter and trail off and stutter some more until he shook his head.

—Well w-we found eachother again. And we went to blackfeather. You told me you loved me. Said we would be partners for life. And a-and—

He choked on a sob.

Oh Zephyr, what happened? 

He knew he didn’t know the answer, but still desperately wanted an answer.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep a lonely company - by Hyacinth - August 07, 2021, 10:09 PM