Redsand Canyon where habits have teeth and the words carry knives
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
While Aquene had a small den she had claimed for herself, she was never there. The evidence was the way the herbal scent clung to her pelt and the fact that she’d often collapse on a pelt in the tablinum. It was the easiest way to make sure she was prepared should someone find themselves injured or ill in the middle of the night. Stranger things had happened, and she would not be caught with her guard down.

There was an unfamiliar woman in the circle, and Aquene figured this had to be the woman she’d heard whispers about. Towhee Redhawk. The last name was familiar. She’d heard it off of Ruenna in reference to a pack called Redhawk Caldera. She allowed herself to briefly wonder if the two were related in that manner, if the Redhawk before her had been a Redhawk of the Caldera. The question came and she shrugged, not entirely sure how to answer the question.

“Not officially… I am a civilian, and Mereo’s healer… but I have been training under the eyes of the Imperator to learn how to fight so I might be able to come into the field to provide first aid… possibly more.” She knew it would require even more context than that. “I… never learned how to fight before coming here. In my birth pack women were not permitted to do so… I’ve been trying to learn all that I can and one of the assignments the Imperator has given me is to spar with the auxilia to learn a wider range of strategies.”
Messages In This Thread
RE: where habits have teeth and the words carry knives - by Aquene - January 29, 2022, 12:10 PM