Redsand Canyon I will love you until the last breath leaves my body
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
The medicus had been diligently preparing for this moment. Admittedly, she felt much more prepared for the task than she had been originally after speaking with the midwife Mahler and learning from him. Her mother had taught her much in ways of healing, but midwife aspects were glazed over in favor of treating war wounds… she felt more prepared than she had going into her mother’s birthing, and for that she was thankful. As the Matrona paced and readied herself, Aquene would observe. Moving and walking was good for the laboring process.

She finally settled in the corner, the question being met with a soft and genuine smile from the medicus as she spoke. “Now, you become a mother.” She answered simply as she moved over. “I am going to check the positioning of the pups to make sure they are positioned properly. It’s going to feel uncomfortable.” Though it was nothing to any labor pains she would feel in the moments to come. She had with her the red raspberry leaf to restart contractions if they stalled, small snacks as advised by Mahler as well as a beaver tail she had specifically tasked her husband @Kallik with finding to give to her after everything was said and done. She kept dandelion root in case the Matrona got anxious and cohosh though she doubted it would be necessary. “Laboring is not a fast process most of the time… we will monitor your contractions as they get closer together. Walking is good in the early stages of labor to help move things along so we might walk if your pain levels allow it and you will eat and drink and rest when you are tired… there is nothing else to be done until the contractions become close together.” She worried about the Matrona's injuries still, that the pain would prevent her from moving around as Mahler had suggested, but she would not dare voice such concerns to the Matrona. There was no need to worry her.
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
Messages In This Thread