Redsand Canyon I will love you until the last breath leaves my body
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
A large part of her wished for a quick labor on the Matrona’s behalf. The longer it prevailed the more precarious a position she could be placed into… and yet, it did not. It dragged on, and Ruenna pushed her way through it. Aquene assured her at times that she did not need to push herself, and tried to mind her pain though she could not help but suspect the Matrona was not entirely honest with her when she asked how she was feeling in regards to her pain levels. The Imperator acted as her assistance at times, fetching her what she needed and it was such a traversal of roles that at first it had surprised the medicus. She had come from vastly different cultures, ones where men were nowhere in sight when a woman labored.

Aquene worried anything for the pain might affect the contractions and pushing process, and in that moment she only worried more. She offered dandelion root in the hopes that easing some of the anxiety might help with her pain levels. Pain could be more heightened by mental strife. Cohosh and raspberry leaves were used to try and push the contractions further so that the woman might finally start being able to push… and all started to become well in the sense that they were getting to the delivery stages…

To her dismay, the first child was sideways and stuck. “Keep breathing. You’re doing so good, Ruenna.” The praise fluttered often across her lips as her bedside manner guided her. She shifted down, recalling how Mahler had demonstrated repositioning the child using her paws and jaws to help pull the child out into the world. She could only focus on safely getting the child out the correct way and hope that it was the last of the complications the birth provided.
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
Messages In This Thread