Redsand Canyon I will love you until the last breath leaves my body
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
At the mention of another child, Aquene could practically feel the dread pool in her own belly… and then her words broke the air and Aquene felt the fear in her own heart, doing her best to keep her expression schooled as the internal panic set in. No. She refused to let Ruenna go as she had her mother. It was simply not going to happen. “You are not dying.” There was a certain determination and insistence in her tone. Aquene needed Ruenna to know that for her own selfish reasons more so than her own comfort.

The contractions returned, Alivia making her way into the world as she watched as the Matrona started to slip away right in front of them, and Aquene quickly burst into action, not hesitating to shove her way around even if it meant pushing the Imperator or Praefectus out of the way in the process. She doubted either of them would argue with it. She just needed to hold it together a little longer. Ruenna was not allow to die on her. There was more blood. She took a deep breath, doing what she needed to do up to and including forcing plants down the woman’s throat since she could not take them herself in her unconscious state. Ergot helped greatly with the bleeding but the terror still gripped her internally, contrasting the determined and steely exterior she was forcing herself to present.

Just wake up. Aquene would stay, diligently cleaning the Matrona up and keeping an eye on the pups as she waited for her to stir. She would become more protective and perhaps a little overbearing over the mother to ensure her health and safety.
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
Messages In This Thread