Dragoncrest Cliffs But I’m still tired of sleeping with the light on
Sun Mote Copse
Comrade
127 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
He was way out of bounds, but Mr. Bubbles was with him, so it couldn't be that bad. Right?

Chill oooout, matey, drawled the pink turtle striding boldly at his side. Stingray tried to match his gait, but there was a faltering quality to his steps that said he knew he was doing a Bad Thing™. It was fun at first to sneak away from the rendezvous now that ma and da weren't constantly around to keep tabs. There was so much to see, and Ray wanted to see it all! But now he was so far from it, he couldn't see or hear his siblings anymore. He didn't even really know how to get back.

Mr. Bubbles knew how, but the turtle refused to turn around and lead Ray home, so all he could do was press on. Otherwise, he worried his friend would leave him behind. Chill, the turtle repeated, giving his bear tail a little wiggle. I promise we'll be back before anyone sees.

When Mr. Bubbles fell silent, Ray became aware that his was not the only voice. He came to a screeching halt. Should he run forward, find the adult, and seek help getting home? Or should he run away so no one could tell his parents they had seen him? He would have a good hide tanning in store if that happened...

The voice wasn't familiar, so Stingray took his chances. There was a possibility this guy had no idea who he or his parents were, but would be able to help without tattling on him. Mr. Bubbles was still strolling along, seemingly unconcerned, but he faded from view when Stingray revealed himself to the dude on the borders.

He was about to appeal to Bronco for help, but then his heart crashed into his belly and his jaw hit the floor when he saw ma standing there. Oh, he was in big, big trouble. If it was possible for colour to drain from a wolf's body like blood from a face, Ray would be a shade of sickly white. Like a ghost. Which is exactly what he was going to be when his ma got her paws on him.

Without thinking much about it, Ray sucked in a panicked breath and yelled, MR. BUBBLES MADE ME DO IT!