Stone Circle In a quiet kind of litany, she accepted some defeat
372 Posts
Ooc —
perfect, i was just thinking of making one for them <3

she would never admit that in the scarce free time she had now, she looked for traces.

traces of mother, traces of dagur or yrsa. she refused to believe that they had simply gone — and yet she knew that also they could have. that if they had, too, that it had been too long to find a trace.

yet bjarna could not live a life where she had not at least tried. even when she found nothing. only the taste of defeat laced in her mind now as she stared into the frigid river. frozen along the edges with a lull to its flow. she wanted to love the sight. instead she only wondered if it was this cold wherever mother bear had gone.

and she could not speak upon the relief she felt to see golden fur. bright and warm against the cold, snowy world. she was pleased enough to see the golden sister alone that she thought nothing of the hare at first. other than it was good to see the others work too and not lose hope in the winter months.

systir! she called out as a limp tail elevated with eager waves.

i held an atlas in my lap
ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered
where does it hurt?
note: bjarna speaks broken english at best.
icelandic will be italicized with translations on hover/click.
Messages In This Thread
RE: In a quiet kind of litany, she accepted some defeat - by Bjarna - December 25, 2022, 12:21 AM