Stone Circle Sweet Child
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Changes were coming. He maybe a father, but at the present moment that didn't bother him or spare much thought. Taktuq would find him when she needed. His current pressing need was to find his daughter and find out what was wrong with her. His beautiful soul, she was not herself and it rankled. He wouldn't have her suffering in silence any longer. So with a clip in his step, that he hadn't had in sometime, he rushed through the pack lands, searching for @Bjarna.

Where was this girl and what had offended her so and could he kill it?
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
372 Posts
Ooc —
vague! going to say that this is after her silvertongue thread tho

she came home and without rest.

right back to work she went! checking a nearby cache, noting that her brother seemed...somewhere. somewhere not immediately here.

if he was not back when the sun moved, she would go find him.

but for now, the great sight of father bear clouded her vision. yet she was reserved in a way when she greeted him now. worry lines deepening her already wrinkled face.

hi, father,

i held an atlas in my lap
ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered
where does it hurt?
note: bjarna speaks broken english at best.
icelandic will be italicized with translations on hover/click.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
This is fine. You could have waited if you would have liked too <3

Gunnar's heart eased some when he saw the girl and he sighed softly. He looked her over with worry in his brow, unsure why she was so upset and sad lately. What had happened to his little moon flower.

Hello Bjarna.

He moved closer and sniffed at her gently and if allowed would ease a muzzle across her brow. What has you sad, child?
372 Posts
Ooc —
i do not know,

and she meant it. even if it sounded like a dismissive thing. perhaps that was the worst part! she did not know what devoured at her so. only that it did.

are you feeling well?

deflective in her hushed embarrassment.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
He moved closer to her, and studied her more deeply, his heart hurting. He wished to make it better, but he could not, but he knew well what this was and it sickened him. Only because there was very few things that could be done.

My mother would suffer from bouts of this type of melancholy. She said that it felt as if she had a awning pit in her chest andno matter what she put upon it, it could not fill. She rested much, did things she loved to help ease it. And it would come and go. I will do whatever I can to help you with it, sweet child.

He nodded at her question. There was one thing he must discuss immediately with her,and though he longed to hold off. He knew he could not. I am yet fine. Taktuq has asked me to sire her children this year. Is this agreeable to you? To be an older sister again?
372 Posts
Ooc —
melancholy he called it.

bjarna did not have a name for her own. maybe it was that. maybe it was something else. maybe it had always been there since she had been left in that bearish valley. waiting for any opportunity to strike her.

then came something even bigger.

gunnar would be father once more — with taktuq.

something in her gut clenched. hidden beneath wrinkled features and thick fur.

will they have me as sister?

maybe, she thought, she was not meant to be a sister. not after this year.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar looked her over again. Bjarna. What types of things make you happy?

He didn't know if he could help her with this and he knew there were herbs that helped to stabalize your moods, but it had been so long since he had studied it extensively, he was no longer sure of his memory and that was a sad moment.

He blinked in surprise. OF course they would? Why would they not want such a wonderful big sister?

Was this the root of it all, because her siblings were missing. Bjarna the disappearance of your bear mother, and your siblings. That was not your fault. ANd Skald's sickness. You know this right? You did nothing wrong in any aspect.
372 Posts
Ooc —
it was all too much to hear at once.

for when she looked around her it was with dwindling bodies and leaving family. she thought of the things that made her happy and how they all seemed to be happier without her.

please,

she whispered softly.

she could hear no more.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar stopped speaking at once. Clear that he had upset her further when he had only been trying to make her feel better. He knew this well. It had been such with his mother.

His heart tightened and he moved closer. To allow Bjarna to lean if she wished. He could not offer more than a hug, if words could not heal the hurt and chasm inside.

So he waited patiently, silently while she gathered herself. Would she speak, he wasn't sure, but he did know that he would speak or they could sit in silence and he'd be fine.
372 Posts
Ooc —
it reminded her of reverie.

it reminded her of kissing a golden crown and golden wings had soon taken flight. she was reminded that one time she would kiss gunnar and it would be the last time.

she did not know when or where.

only that everything she loved must go once day and she did not think she had the heart to continue this. too young already!

i'm busy...

her voice incredibly small in her throat. she held the knowledge that surely he would attempt to talk to her again of these things. she held the knowledge that she would not be able to turn him away a second time.

but for now, she needed to be by herself.

quickly she turned. off into the heart of kvarsheim.

and whispered
where does it hurt?