Sunbeam Lair [m] So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
59 Posts
Ooc — box
Scavengers were attracted to the scent of death.

Many followed the sounds too, but the scent was what really caught the attention of the vultures and the crows. The creature that was, she too followed the scents. An odd bloodhound, in a way, with her over large ears and too sharp snout. She followed the scent winding through her Dark, the small gods whispering dissent in her ears.

What have you brought me? She asked the dark as the screaming began. Her sides contracted, stomach hardening. Alarm spread across the back of her skull, burning and blurring the noise into a thousand mockeries.

She came across her in the dark. Golden and unassuming. Screaming, screaming so loudly in this dark, quiet place. Fascination burned there, in the dark quiet behind her eyes. She noted none of the pain that rippled through her. Her eyes didn’t leave.

What have we brought you? The small gods whispered. In the dark, her eyes glowed black-blue, like a bruise.

Everything. She purred in response.

The rattlesnake assembled herself nearby like a statue, like a gargoyle, riveted and rooted to the spot.

What have you done to yourself? She asked the insensate.

What have you done? What will you learn? What will this give you? A smile like the slice of a searchlight in the dark.

Will you even answer?
Messages In This Thread
RE: [m] So if you care to find me, look to the western sky - by Lonesome Dove - March 28, 2023, 07:21 AM