Stone Circle When it is time to close my eyes
Kvarsheim
Anda*
227 Posts
Ooc — Jess
The first cry came, and it was from a wolf he knew Tauris had feuded with. Still- the desperation in the plea frightened him, and for the man to have called out so urgently...Skáld offered to go, but promised to come back and take care of the pups if it was something he couldn't handle. 

He was not used to stepping up like this- but he had a bad feeling about Gunnar; something about the dreams he had had last night had felt...Different. He couldn't remember the dream just yet but it lingered, like a shadow, casting a cool gloom over his heart as he raced toward the stone circle. 

When he heard Astrid call out for Tauris, it clenched his heart. He could see the stones in the distance, but just before he came over the doll, a death knell rang out- called out by the pale wolf who announced to all that Gunnar was dead. 

Skáld was not quick to anger and yet, he showed a dour look, and a wrinkled muzzle to the white wolf whose name he did not know- finding out via a howl was not the way that Gunnar's closest friends and family should find out about him. Sven was nowhere to be seen, same with Ujurak- they would have been told by howl, now, a cruel way to find out about their father's death. Bonario was a wreck, hardly allowing Gunnar's children space to see their own father, and neither of the adults present were accounting for the fact that there were other children, other family that should have time with him. 

Skáld had seen wolves come and go so much that his own grief was delayed.

"Bonario," He said, in a kind, but low voice. "Give space. Take breath, slow, calm." He said, knowing that it was more easily said than done. He turned to Kristjan, and his heart melted. It would take him time to realize what had happened, and even longer, then, to mourn. He exhaled as he reached to touch the boy's shoulders gently with his muzzle. The realization would come to him when it came. "Kristjan...Your sister needs you," He said softly, hoping to draw his attention toward Astrid, who was devastated. 

He knew Tauris would arrive soon, if she had heard Ulfhild's call. He moved to the edge of the stone circle, to stand on watch for Sven and Ujurak, so he might soften the blow when they arrived.
“Icelandic”
“English”
Messages In This Thread
When it is time to close my eyes - by Gunnar - October 20, 2023, 01:47 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Bonario - October 20, 2023, 02:09 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Astrid - October 20, 2023, 02:45 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Ulfhild - October 20, 2023, 02:45 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Bonario - October 20, 2023, 03:12 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Kristjan - October 20, 2023, 05:31 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Skáld - October 21, 2023, 01:19 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Ujurak - October 21, 2023, 01:46 PM
RE: When it is time to close my eyes - by Tauris - October 28, 2023, 10:44 AM