The Sunspire Heaven Help Us
I am lost in the echo.
31 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Echo was getting restless. She was living in loops the past week. Wake up, eat, sleep, jog, eat, sleep, jog, eat, walk around the pack borders, and sleep. Her bed was the cold hard ground and had made her fur flat. Sometimes she would take a bath and take care of her fur, but that had only happened after some of her jogs. She tried to do something, but she didn't find anyone to talk to.

After her first jog of today she felt different. She wanted to meet someone. She took care of her fur by washing it in some water. Usually she would go far away to wash herself. She walked back to where her pack was almost too fast. Please let someone talk to her today.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She had scented Echo around, but Amekaze still did not know the female well. She had been in the ranks for a small span of time now, and it was perhaps wise to find out more if she could. The initial settling done with, and the aftermath of the storms seemingly calm (compared to other parts of the Wilds especially), Amekaze wanted to get a better idea of her and where she may fit into the ranks with time.

The dark alpha causally tracked her today, after surfacing from a dip in a nearby creek herself. She was still damp, her fur still retaining moisturize in light of the summer's humidity, and when she could make out sight of the female in question, Ame chuffed to see if she may be listening. She did not suppose she was interrupting anything, so swayed her lifted tail slowly in silent greeting as she approached. There were questions in mind, and she did not know where she'd want to begin quite yet, so did not rush with them.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
I am lost in the echo.
31 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Echo heard a noise that distracted her, kinda. She turned around and saw the alpha standing in front of her."Hello alpha." Her voice was calm and wasn't anything like what was happening in her body. On the inside her little emotions had all been jumping around making her very energetic and excited. She hadn't felt this way in a long time. Amekaze was the one she would meet today. Tomorrow she would set out on finding another friend.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
The dark-furred female wasted no time regarding her. Amekaze wondered if she had interrupted anything, by chance. Either way, she regarded her as alpha, and she nodded in acknowledgement while she was at ease with a confidently smooth stance. "Greetings," she returned with a small sway of her tail as she studied Echo. "Were you busy?" she asked, head canting very subtly to the left then. Echo did well to hide her inner workings, for Ame had little idea of them in this moment. "Have you been settling in?" she added as well, trying to gauge how much she could ask at once. With the recent events of the storm and the pack being relativity quiet in return, she did not think there should be much difficulty in this. But, she asked all the same.
I am lost in the echo.
31 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
"I wasn't busy actually, I was just looking for some company. I have been getting kinda restless. I'm just used to exploring everywhere I can go. I'll be fine though, it will get better I am sure." She answered Amekaze's questions immediately."What about you? How have you been doing lately?" She tried to strike a conversation, who knows maybe they had the same interests or something like that. She hadn't met anyone in the pack and wondered why she hadn't. She mentally brushed it off and stayed in the present.

A smile was present on her face and seemed to reach her gray eyes. If only someone could tell how lonely she had been. She wanted to meet everyone she could. Like she could ever do that. Her mind had always told her that everyone was better than her and she couldn't do things, when in reality she could if she really tried.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She answered readily, prompting a nod from the dark alpha. "I see," she said, but made no mention of her own shade of restlessness despite wondering if it was similar to what pestered Echo. But she could empathize. Amekaze had the itch to explore more, too, and while Echo's may have been prompted by something else, she related somewhat. Maybe there was a chance she'd be interested in channeling the need to explore into outriding.. but it felt a little premature to bring that up just yet.

Anyway, the female did round the question back to her, so Amekaze had to consider for half a moment. "I have been well enough... scouting around a lot, mainly, and working on stocks when I can before winter gets too close," she explained. While nothing suggested an early winter so far, soon it would be difficult to gather many plants, especially once the frosts hit. She did not want to be caught unprepared if something unexpected happened, though, and as the pack naturalist (and simultaneously the closest thing they had to any sort of almost-medicine wolf), she felt it her duty. "Have you explored much of the mountain range yet? Or the flatlands even?" she asked, trying to gauge what all Echo had taken in during her stay here so far.
I am lost in the echo.
31 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Echo shook her head. She had just been patroling the borders and did not think of exploring inside of the land. She almost laughed when she thought how stupid she had been."I haven't, but if you have the time maybe we could go to it together." Her smile seemed to get happier than it had already been. Going on an adventure with Amekaze and being able to explore more? Yes please.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Amekaze nodded. She often traveled alone, but two wolves made for better strength when out like that.. which was much of why she justified being at ease with Rain and Nishu roaming as they did. "We could. There is still a good bit of time before winter comes, and I welcome the chance to roam when I can," she said with a sway of her tail. While she was no outrider, since being an alpha did not allow her the opportunity to fulfill the role entirely, she liked exploring far too much. "What about the coastline and the sea? Have you seen it?" she asked, since she could not remember which direction Echo had come to the mountain from so she did not know where her travels had gone before here. "I try to visit it now and then. The beaches make for good gathering," she smirked knowingly.

The conversation carried on as needed and Amekaze took to the mountain paths. Whether or not Echo trailed along for the full duration of it was up to her. The dark alpha welcomed the company, but had duty to attend to, so would carry on regardless.