Firestone Hot Springs suiryū
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
*casually rambles everywhere*
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Winter took its toll. In the wake of it, she was left tired -- in mind and body, especially with the renewal the seaside had given her waning it seemed. She yearned for the warmth of summer and the rebirth of the lands it would bring. This cold, depressive vibe was tiresome, and nature seemed to agree.

Her own condition was not primed either. Excess weight on her bones grew thin, and her muscles sometimes ached in a way she had never known -- not like the exhaustion of battle or travel, more nefarious instead and self-inflicted. She was thankful for the wild tangles of her thickened winter fur, for they masked her just enough to not make it obvious. She was loathe to show weakness, although she still believed herself superior to the average beast roaming these lands anyway..

Nevertheless, she stayed near the Ridge to occasionally lurk just beyond their borders to gauge their prevalence and strength, or by the river, wondering if she would happen upon Akhlut again in doing so. She hadn't, and was not yet ready to summon him herself -- not feeling.. so unaligned as she did now. Yet, Amekaze found she...(and this thought came with a wrinkling of her muzzle) was inexplicably drawn to wanting to learn more of him, but too out of sorts to act. She needed to reestablish balance and then, maybe, she would. Especially with conflicting notions afoot. She sought a leader.. yet one able to command her without stifling her. Arguably so, a very delicate dance that not all knew the steps to.

So she turned her back on the seaside and trotted purposefully inland after a brief hunt that earned her a scrawny rabbit. Her head was carried low, ears tucked back and eyes set forward.. ever watchful in case the scent of her meager kill attracted any unwarranted attention. She didn't fancy any interruptions, not until the steam of the hot springs filled her nose. Only once there did she slow and exhale a mighty breath, as weight seemed to melt away from her thoughts.

Amekaze trotted lightly around the pools until she reached the one she fancied the most. There she settled to eat in the warm steam, shuddering happily in relief as her senses delighted. She ate her meal swiftly and could not afford to waste anything. However, she was in no hurry to leave this immediate area.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
<a href=http://i.imgur.com/xnt7zBE.png>Reference</a>
421 Posts
Ooc — Zyn

After guiding the young Horizon wolf as long as she was able, the wandering female was left with a strange impression she had not expected. She was, in a sense, glad to have assisted the young female even if it was to point her in a direction to follow. And she was thankful for the time they had spent, the break in solitude if only a moment. To have a conversation that did not end in scolding, to speak freely without judgment from another... it was wonderful, and she felt her heart swell from it even though it had only lasted for as long as they traveled. Upon departure, the impression was gone, though a silhouette of its presence remained in her heart. She felt again as she had when speaking to the demon male, Raheerah. She felt... she felt happy. But with it came a sadness, knowing that the elation was fleeting in the frigid depths of winter. What was left now was the drive to survive.

Fortune favored her with a trail, however, leading her from the flatlands toward strangely warmer grounds. As if touched by spring in the winter, the ground was warm to the touch as deliciously inviting, especially with the alluring scent of fodder to follow. It led toward a badger's den which to her pleasure was not abandoned, though the inhabitant was reluctant to let himself be eaten. She had to dig for her meal, work for her morsel, until at last her claws reached the coarse pelt of her quarry and she was able to fit her muzzle into the den to draw him out to feast. A swift bite, and it was still. The body was not better off than her own; large in appearance but with little meat to spare. But it was food and that was all that mattered. She could be picky over her meals when she lived to witness the thaw of spring.

Taking her precious cargo from his kept, she wandered a little ways to find a better place to eat but more so out of interest to see just how far these warm lands extended. And what was more was the water misting into the air. A brave paw atop its surface came away wet and warm, wonderfully to incite a comfortable chill to roll down her spine.

What on earth was this heavenly place?

Having felt the warm water, her need to explore was forfeit for the need to feast in comfort. Lying by the warm rim of the natural spring she placed her meat before her and dug soundly in without hesitation.

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

For a hungering beast, she made delicate but effective work of the small kill, despite its leanness and meager meats. It had been an easy catch so she had no complaints. She picked away until it was only bones left, which she would bury nearby, and for the time, satisfaction was felt instead of tiresome hunger.

Yet, despite the contentedness, she would not let the warm steam and full belly lull her senses entirely. She listened keenly then breathed deep; she was not alone here.

Which was of little surprise. This place was a welcome reprieve from winter's cold, a natural oasis here to warm the bones at the very least.. Amekaze had it marked as one of her favorite places after all. A rare distinction for someone so choosy. Nevertheless, she lurked closer until the other female was found.

The dark-furred loner regarded her from a distance. She was a wolf dressed in tan, with pleasant red accenting in a manner different from many she saw, and finally, a body of more considerable bulk than the body Amekaze boasted yet of similar wear -- a fellow loner, perhaps? The scent of her meal tickled her nose and had she not just eaten herself, might have inspired something more foul. Amekaze greeted her with cool neutrality. A low chuff and a pointed look, then a pause that allowed her to react -- which would dictate her own next move.

Her green eyes were sharpened, although subtly alight with curiosity in the presence of new, strange company. Nearly the same reasons has brought them together (seemingly, a meal and the comfort of the springs), so Amekaze would investigate while the chance was here.

421 Posts
Ooc — Zyn

Tucking into her meal was a pleasure would indulging. The warmth of the spring coupled with the taste of fodder blood made for a pleasurable reprieve she had not had in some time. Another might have called this instance a vacation, but the wanderer simply called it a more comfortable setting within this turbulent world.

In truth the struggle of the wanderer's life made these moments all the more precious, rather than taken for granted as most packwolves tended to do. Knowing that before the nightfall the would return home to the comfortable beds, they neglected secret ground such as this, let along the scenery or the ambiance that came with stumbling upon a hidden treasure.

For the moment whilst she feasted, the female did not envy the life of the packwolf. It was they that should have aspired to be like her... though she knew that once she dined on bones that feeling would have been lost and she return to the cruel reality again. But for now...

When all that remained were howl bones for her teeth, the she-wolf nudged away the carcass of her meal and let her head rest on the warm lip of the steaming pool. The was granted only a moment to clear her cold nostrils til a sound from another pulled her muzzle to take notice. Haggard grey, yet elegant, another loner by her state. It would have been cause for relief in knowing she was not alone on the packless path, instead she felt only bothered in seeing another female in the same state as her. She huffed softly in turn, more a muffled bark than an actual sign of attention. She hoped this approach was not for a territorial despite.

Though some did not like to share their treasures.

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

The dark furred Rikudou had not anticipated remaining rankless for so long, but neither had she intended to stay in any one region for an expanse of time yet here she was.. still here. Not rooted, necessarily, but inexplicably tied to this region: the coast, the mountains, their valleys.. just.. here. Desperately she yearned to know why these lands kept her but they were tight-lipped with their secrets.

In her time alone, she had learned quickly that not any pack would suit her. Expectations were high and as the days of summer had bled into winter's frigid darkness, Amekaze realized her freedom was valuable -- leagues more valuable than the company of wolves anything short of exceptional. She could rove freely, when and where she pleased and at any moment, she could disappear into the night never to see this place again. Something about knowing this appealed deeply.

Nevertheless, finding fellow loners these days was rare. She understood why. It was not for every wolf and nor could all withstand it. This female did, though.

Her eyes narrowed darkly when the tan female reacted and her posture sharpened alongside the gesture. A huff, one that felt twinged in annoyance. Amekaze felt her curiosity grow edged as well. An interesting way to greet another when I have nothing to gain from you, she remarked with a quick huff.

421 Posts
Ooc — Zyn

Interesting?

She could have applauded the generous word of this female. Ever the silent lest given a reason to speak as she did, she could have assumed her reaction to the other's presence was cautious at best. Hardly worth rousing another's interest. But she was flattered.

Never the less, she maintained the countenance of calm, watching silently and carefully the posture of the unknown. Her words were not wholly callus, but neither were they kind. Declarative at best that warranted only a subtle crest of her brow.

"This is your hideaway then?" the female inquired softly, bypassing the faux pleasantries for the pertinent answer. There were no sense in fraternizing if she was indeed encroaching on someone's reserve. Better she know then make her actions from there than continue along the assumption that all was civil when it very well could not have been.

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Amekaze stared keenly, ready to decide one way or another regarding this strange female's presence. She did not make herself an easy read, which Ame could not fault her for. But, it did make it a touch more interesting. At times, yes.. she replied as her muzzle inclined subtly with the words, just to tread on the outer edges of true neutrality. Formally, she could hold no claim over these lands but the idea was pleasing to entertain -- hoarding the hot springs all to herself would be satisfying, yet as one sole existence, that could not be the case.

Usually I find myself alone here though.. Ame added after a brief pause which she had used to drift a few small pawsteps nearer to the water's edge, and consequentially, the tan-coated female. The warm steam dampened the tips of her furs already but she could pay it little mind; her focus was trained elsewhere, and there it ought to remain. I assume it is the reprieve that attracts you? Seeing fellow loners is.. unusual as well, she noted and maintained her stoic expression.

421 Posts
Ooc — Zyn

She did not mind the female’s approach upon her reprieve, however their proximity left something to be desired. Comfort was taken in knowing the land was not truly claimed, though she was skeptical how the other might take to know lounging on what had been the dark one’s refuge in the first place. Silently, she hoped no ill-manner would befall her in this relaxed state. As hard as it was to find a comfortable resting spot, she was not willing to be chased from it too soon. The possibility, though, remained on the forefront of her mind even as the woman spoke, seemingly benign.

Smoothly the pale brown beast rolled to a seated placement, her shoulders drawn back relaxed and unguarded with ears lying back in a similar fashion. Were it not for her wild pelt in damp disarray, or the forever natural scowl upon her brows, she might have looked the picture of docility. Instead, she allowed her soft chords to convey this true impression.

“It is,” she admitted. “There are too few places for wanderers to rest even for a moment,” she impressed lightly as her gaze drifted down to the female’s paws. “Let alone stand as ground for them to gather.”

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

They had a good share of similarities. Amekaze realized this with ease. It may have been the circumstances that made it seem more glaring to her. True, and the packs have increased in number since I have come to roam these places, she said with a frown hardening. While it was true that she had been here a while -- more months than she had anticipated, but this place worked for her needs. Even with more packs and fewer free spaces.

Although these were supposedly peaceful lands, she wondered if this would grow strained in days to come. Here in the wintertime months, she could feel the strain of it yet this was expected. A solo wolf was destined to face the trials at their fullest. Yet if resources ever grew thin enough and the organization of packs plentiful past a certain carrying capacity, she saw the opportunity for war to break out if the right catalysts came into play..

I do not think there are many fellow loners now. Too many are easily caught up by the fancy-talking of these packs or too unwilling to press themselves alone to survive, or this was as she saw it and she watched the earthen-hued female, perhaps looking to gauge her opinion on the resident packs -- if she had any. Have you roamed alone for long? Amekaze could guess she had, at least for a time. The wilds were well-woven into the aspects of her countenance.

421 Posts
Ooc — Zyn

Prideful, was the impression she took from this female, but by no means faulted her for it. Too few of their kind held onto such expressions, favoring the ease of agreeing to the higher command than keeping to their own convictions. A part of the autumn wolf could be called prideful as well, taking her own preferences into consideration rather than succumbing to the security and sustenance found in other groups. Experience had lent its paw to her decision, keeping her far from the scented borders lest she endure the haughty countenance of fools parading as royalty. Yes, that was her reason for wandering; there was no true leader, only jesters dressed as kings.

“Most believe they can endure near anything for their survival,” she offered plainly, softly. “They would fall prey to the sweet words in the hopes it would bring them promise.” Her paws shifted slightly as she curled them against her chest. “There is nothing wrong with one doing what they must to survive, if it would be in a pack or otherwise. But they would be fools to believe struggle as a pack wolf or lone wanderer would not follow.” She had learned much too quickly that the path of either was not easy upon one’s heart.

“I have wandered for long, and have known only of this struggle.”

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Her time without an allegiance was certainly not without its hardships, however on the whole, she had not been forced to struggle too magnificently. She chalked it up to a stroke of decent enough luck with her skill managing to fill in the gaps left open. Amekaze only had her own experiences to judge her perception upon so it was easy for her to be stubborn and prideful still, even here on the tail-end of winter. The wilds hadn't managed to strip her of it yet and in her innermost depths she dared them to try.

She listened thoughtfully, and relished in the beat of silence that soon followed. The female shaded in sandy hues spoke from experience, it seemed. Amekaze "mm-ed" softly in response first.

To most, there was nothing wrong, truly. Yet to her, she could not strike a balance to outweigh the cons just yet. She would keep her solitude for now. Brief meetings with company like these were just enough. Not overly fulfilling, sure, but she liked the exchange. As I would guess. You wear the wilds well, she remarked without much in the way of clarity. Her tail switched idly, then. Do you suspect you will settle around here eventually? Or wander on? Amekaze did not know if she knew all the packs here and if there were particular reasons for her continued loner status. Perhaps this place simply held onto her, as it did the dark female..

421 Posts
Ooc — Zyn

“And you.”

Serving the compliment in modesty, she dipped her muzzle politely in recognition to the other. It was not often she passed another that kept themselves in the wild. Pack wolves that had endured near a lifetime of luxury suddenly thrown into the wild could not hope to grace the level of resilience kept by the wanderer ilk. And fewer, even among the experienced still, were able to keep themselves whole if not relatively fed. It was commendable, but not an existence she would find her end by. She knew this a plainly as she knew nourishment was needed for survival.

“I have crossed paths with one that did not have my favor,” she volunteered in explanation. “But there is blind hope that not all are as callus. Eventually, I will have to find a place to settle, no different than the sun must set at the end of its time. A sun may sit in the sky for longer than it must, but to never set is… unnatural.” Thoughtfully, the female rounded her shoulders, then pushed herself to stand. Squaring her shoulders slightly, she braced against the ground as she gave her body a quick twist, shaking off the clinging snow and dampness of her fur before folding down at sit on her haunches more comfortably.

“And you?” She hadn’t had the privilege of speaking to another wanderer since her roam through the wilds. Such an opportunity was to be indulged however brief, now that she had decided no danger existed in their healthy exchange.

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Compliments aside, she had come to favor the look of the wilds. Even when it whittled her down, peeling the excess away from her in lean times and making her wild fur only more unruly, she found it to be a look that suited her well for this chapter in her existence. However, she knew it would come to a close and she would move on. The path she would take in this move was still unseen, though.

The words that followed had an almost poetic quality to them, which Ame could appreciate, even down to their meaning. The truth held in them was undeniable. She found herself quiet for a beat after a small nod, contemplative for as she knew, even the brightest of suns must settle somewhere over a distant horizon. Amekaze had not thought of it in quite a way as that, but swiftly decided she liked it.

I have yet to be properly wooed into joining any causes so far and packs come and go so swiftly here, so my options have stayed open.. of my own choice.. She shifted, knowing how it sounded. There is one pack that has the potential to grow on me further if I allow it to, which may prove to be in my best interests.. she said, a sigh punctuating the pause then. Ame did have to wonder which pack it was that she had mentioned having no favor for her. She could not guess why that might be; this female did not seem to be in poor taste or mannerisms. If nothing else, my wanderings will take me to new lands.. but I quite like this region and how it feels, almost more than my homeland, she added in truth.

421 Posts
Ooc — Zyn

She knew little of the packs in the area to determine of which the woman spoke. The beige wolf had but one impression and it was of ill regard, and if she were bold to assume, she could not see this female as being interested in that lot. But then the tastes of another were as varying as her own, and rather than ponder too deeply, she accepted it as such.

“Perhaps there will not be cause for you to wander further,” she hoped, nodding her head slightly in thought. There were too few she encountered that she could speak with and remain civil. Let alone have a comfortable moment without worry of needing to flee. That she might cross the female’s path again gave her comfort. However accepting she was to the unknown, familiarity was always sought after in the end. However slight it might have been to the true desire.

She let the sentiment settle comfortably then turned to watch the wafting columns of steam from the springs.

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She rolled her shoulders and shifted her weight subtly, almost feeling it necessary to shake out her fur the condensation had dampened it so much. Ame fought the urge.

A part of me hopes that is true, she sighed, squinting with a frown at the steaming waters. But a true cause to stay would be good, one that is actually tangible.. and she remained notoriously difficult to impress. The Ridge appealed the most still but did it outweigh being a loner? That remained unseen, despite her best efforts to find the answer. Nothing clearly pointed her in any direction besides remaining a vagabond and vaguely, she was growing frustrated by this. Surely she was meant for more than just the life of a wandering stranger..

It would take time to know for sure and she was quietly contemplative then, not that she guessed the tan female would mind all that much. She sensed that springtime may bring changes in more than just the lands themselves and she hoped that she was right to believe in this.

421 Posts
Ooc — Zyn

OOC: Thank you!

Sincerely, the hoped that whatever tangible bonds the female hoped to achieve would indeed be hers when the time was right. Eventually, all things progressed as they needed and whilst her own ambitions were minimal at best, she had hope for others that sought more.

Quietly the she-wolf nodded in understanding keeping her gaze on the misting surface as she breathed the humid air. Calmly allowing herself to fall to silence, she let her head lower to her paws outstretched as she lay. Her muzzle rested comfortably on her paws as she breathed, slipping to a state of ease til either chose to leave at their discretion.

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
:D

She lingered a while longer to enjoy the quiet company and the warmth of the springs. Amekaze was finding herself at odd ease with this female that she did not even know by name. Perhaps that was part of the charm, and the dark loner almost liked it better this way. Either way, and with or without a name, she would remember this wolf should their paths ever cross again.

When the time was right, she moseyed on, trekking further down her path of life towards wherever it may lead.