Firefly Glen etched tusk
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
set in firefly glen (since there's no prefix for it atm) and casually being vague about approximately one billion things. @Catori
also sorry for reposting this/retagging you, i decided i wanted to reorder some things >__>
She had a lot she wanted to accomplish and a lot of ground to cover. A rolling lope had carried her this far, but after crossing the Whitefish River, she slowed up to let herself recharge briefly. With a wet coat, it was easier to take it slow for now, so she now alternated between a slow jog and a lengthened walk away from the riverside. Soon, she would be approaching a crossroad -- whether to head north around Ouroboros Spine, or go south closer to the mountain range she was itching to investigate further.

Amekaze could see the peaks on the horizon, now with her back effectively turned on the Sunspire's range. Her ears were pricked forward and eyes bright; she had found she was liking this process so far, even if she felt pulled in many directions all at once and certainly recognized the opportunity for strife in all of this. Nevertheless, this time roaming the flatlands, and while it was searching, was also working to clear her clouded focus before she got down to the real business at hand. She had a goal and much of the pathway there was beginning to become obvious to her.

She slowly worked her way up towards a greater speed and decided to head towards the mountains. With the sunset freshly beginning to streak the skies in colors, she lifted her muzzle to the autumnal breeze and traveled lightly across the peaceful glen.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
21 Posts
Ooc —
It had been a few weeks since her first venture into these lands. The male she'd met had been a curiosity, something for her to mull over at times, but mostly the female was taken with the world around her. These lands were probably some of the most diverse she'd ever seen, having grown into the expansive flatlands of her tribe's territory. She remembered her mother had spoken of the sea -- even how she'd fallen into it once! -- and curiosity had her heading that way, her internal compass functioning properly as she traversed the unknown.

Northwest she went, spying mountains and lakes and everything that she could have though of. Though slim, she maintained her weight with a quick catch every now and then, not yet unhealthy like other lone wolves she'd seen. Then again, she'd only been a loner less than a year, still sporting the good health she'd been in before her departure. However, instinct told her that her time on her own was dwindling; she needed to either head back to the Tribe or find a pack to contribute to during the Winter. Headstrong as she was, the choice was obvious for the girl.

As if to distract her, there was a shadow across her vision as she trotted along, teal eyes locking onto the moving creature almost immediately. Another black wolf. Without pause, she barked, calling out to the other. The Native American had no trouble approaching others and had no reason to fear her reaction. "Greetings," She called, tail waving in a neutral position.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She was less engaged in the scenery underfoot and far more interested in what the horizon may have in store for her. Not only her, but the future of the remnants of her pack. She was eager to have them see what they could find too.. as she wanted to see them flourish again, inspired and content. As her furs dried out, she was quick to let this pass by her. Only offhandedly did she bother to note a few signs of potential prey just in case she did end up settling nearby. But, there would be time for a greater look if that did become the case. She had no idea if they would even find anything worthwhile in this region of the Teekon.

A bark, an unfamiliar voice at that, seized her focus and she slowed. Ears pricked, and tail arcing subtly in a reflexive response, she took in sight of the female -- all silvered, built of grace, and seemingly wholly neutral after a quick once-over. Amekaze smelled no pack and couldn't help but linger briefly on the markings beneath her eyes. Unfamiliar as well. Having eased herself into the idea of what was acceptable (and hopefully curious) company, she'd do well to mirror the sentiment. "Greetings," she returned. "Passing through?" Technically, she was doing just that as well, but it was a starting point all the same.
21 Posts
Ooc —
She noted the way the woman's tail arched, the way her eyes turned to her and observed for moments before her response. Catori simply waited patiently, the slightest of smiles curving the line of her mouth. The much darker coated woman was allowed to take her time and, judging by the way her posture had changed, there was a possibility that she was a wolf of rank and merit, perhaps a leader. She certainly smelled of other entities, ones that the silver girl did not take time to try and sort out.

"Yes," She answered promptly."Exploring, really." She was unbound, untethered to any particular place and so she had the freedom to do such things. Wanting to know more about the wolves that inhabited these lands had been Catori's reason for calling out to her, but also because she was thirsty for knowledge over the lands themselves. "And you? Are you doing the same? Or en route?" Perhaps this one knew about the lands and the packs and even some of the individual wolves here in the Wilds, but perhaps she didn't. The only way to know would be to ask. Not yet though; she didn't want to bombard the lady with a million questions right off the bat.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
The silver loner made it easy enough to settle into her company, what with prompt answers that gave her just the info she needed -- and not too much, either. Amekaze could appreciate that much, and knowing she simply explored suited her. She understood the appeal, and the early autumn was a good time to roam freely -- she'd enjoyed it thoroughly once.

"Both," she answered truthfully. "Scouting, mainly, and heading towards the mountains then the coast." In a small flick of her snout, she gestured accordingly to the path. There was a main, nearest peak that caught her eye first of all, but there were others around it worth looking into as well. If she did not manage to rendezvous with Charon before then, she imagined she'd spent a moment at the shoreline.. just because it had been so long since she had been there. "Have you been?" The nature of her loner's scent gave Amekaze few clues, none of which really smelled like the sea's shore, but that left the mountains open for possibility.
21 Posts
Ooc —
It seemed this woman was a pleasant creature and that, in and of itself, was reassuring. Ears twitched, nodding in answer. Bright eyes followed the gesture she gave, roaming the horizon in search of the coast. Papa had told her many stories of the ocean and it many odd creatures. Catori supposed she would have reached the shores at some point though, and she did not rush it. "No, though I'd like to see it one day." When that day would be, she had no clue but surely, the Spirits would guide her there when it was time.

"Is there something you search for?" She asked, volleying a question back at her. She had said scouting and usually that mean there was someone or something she was looking for. Did she need help in her endeavors? Would she even accept the help of a lone wolf? Some pack wolves would not. How this one would react was anyone's guess, though she seemed nice enough. "Catori. And you are?" She meant the question pleasantly, of course, her tones attempting to convey as much.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
"It is worth a trip," she remarked in her way of agreeing. The seaside had never disappointed her in her time both scavenging and wandering upon them. Because of this, she felt the coastline to be a wise choice for loners insisting on weathering the winter (not that she knew this was the female's plan) as it had worked for her once. But, it was only the allure of the mountains that kept her away from an entirely beach-borne lifestyle.

To the question returned, she nodded first. "Mhm, a new place to claim as my own," she answered simply. "It is time for change," her tail swayed slowly and the tone was oddly light for her. There were many details to be glossed over but she would not burden the sterling female with that unprovoked. That was the short of it, and Amekaze was rapidly becoming more comfortable with the idea, even after the many moons before that had been simple and predictable. Then, her expression sobered. "But I also have a missing comrade, and searching for trail of them is the other half of my cause.." Her ears angled back and almost, she felt bad for barging ahead with plans for the pack without being able to confirm Rain's (a longtime, loyal friend) safety. She felt this was worth mentioning just to spread word of her search.

Nevertheless, she committed the name to memory with a sweep of her muzzle. "I am Ame," she said. The tagalongs to her title were left out. After all, calling herself the alpha of the Sunspire almost felt inappropriate, despite how ingrained into her the aspect of it was when she did not know if she'd ever return. It all depended on how successful their search was and how fast it all came to be.
21 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry for short :( Apparently it didn't want to be short.

She smiled, nodding. From the sound of what she'd been told so far, the coast sounded like a beautiful thing. The silvered girl looked forward to seeing such scenery. And that she was claiming... Well perhaps she was seeking a home among the shores of the vast oceans. "Change is a good thing. It is refreshing and exciting." At least, in her opinion it was. "Do you seek sanctuary along the waters?" She asked, excited for the other female's progress, even if they barely knew each other. A step forward for someone was a thing to be celebrated, no matter the reason for it.

It was the news of a missing packmate that caused her ears to splay back, concern evident in her expression. There was any number of things that could have happened to a wolf who had not been home in a while, and passing to the Great Beyond was only one of those possibilities. While she was hopeful and believed that Good Things happened to good wolves, the silvered creature was not naive enough to think that such a statement was law, or even the natural order of things. Certainly, if it was, few wolves would have reason to be unhappy but alas, that was just not so.

"Their name, Ame? I will keep an eye out for them." There was no waver of her will, strongly presenting her assistance if she should come across the wolf who had been lost. "And where have you searched, so far?"
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
I AM SORRY. my absence kicked my ass
Refreshing and exciting did have its appeal. Amekaze loved the Sunspire dearly, and always would, but knew that it was time for something different. She had tended to those slopes for long enough and without enthusiasm from others that could match her own, the pack was bound to slowly wither away anyway. Unwilling to wait it out through a slow, aching end, cutting her ties to that mountain now seemed wisest. "It is," she answered. [/b]"If it works out that way, perhaps.. but I would like to be a bit closer to the sea than I was before, if not necessarily at the coast itself.."[/b] Since she wanted a mountain, or something close to one, it did limit her on what she could find here in the Teekon.

There was an undeniable note of appreciation behind her words that would follow. "Her name is Rain -- a silvery female with light blue eyes. She had a traveling companion, a male called Nishu, but they were separated after the storms and he searches still as well," she explained. While it was not usually her style to be too forward with the details, the easy, warm presence of this loner encouraged her. Plus, it was necessary if she were to keep an eye out for them and Amekaze was in no place to deny any assistance in the matter. "I have searched south a ways, along the mountains and even into the flatlands. Nishu headed north in his searches.." Amekaze sighed softly, biting off the feeling of defeat in the face of such a hopeless search.

Not long after, the conversation drew towards a natural end and Amekaze used it to part ways.