Blacktail Deer Plateau deep breaths
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

While she was in the area, meaning away from the seaside for a brief stay, she decided to sate her curiosity. More than once she had heard of the pack here and it had been quite a time since her paws had last passed near their boundaries. It was probably overdue she investigate them further, anyway.

Considering that she knew generally where their territory was, she approached with relative ease underneath the drab, gray skies. Amekaze also knew well enough to mind her manners in regards to her traipsing, but soon learned that the nature of the territory's landmark seemed to give them extra fortification. This led to her wonder what the backside of their territory was like. The mountains and their range carved a spine across the landscape near here, did they garner the benefits from it as well?

As was difficult to ignore, their scent was prevalent and strong here.. even a stone's throw from their official markings. She paused to admire this briefly, drawing a deep breath, then continued tracking along their southern rim alongside the river.

Amekaze wouldn't waste her breath on a summons. She had no individual or reason worth calling out for considering she did not seek particular council with an Alpha, or need anything specific exactly -- she just wanted to find out more and see them up close for herself. Just by being here, the loner was learning plenty already. If these borderlands were as well-tended as they smelled, someone ought to encounter her soon.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
sorry for party rockin'
133 Posts
Ooc — Emy
Hello again!

Amekaze's scent was not one the Theta was wont to forget. His rendezvous with her in the mountains had taken place quite a few weeks ago but his memory of the event remained fresh; the element of her scent upon the wind had his immediate attention. He broke from his trivial daydreaming and gathered momentum with a few long, graceful stretches of his legs...putting a bit of fuel behind his gallop in an effort to intercept his acquaintance before anyone else did.

"Well look who it is!" he hailed as his cantering brought him close enough to spy her raven silhouette against the background. "Hello, Ame!"

set by Emy

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
hiii!
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

She listened and watched every facet of the surroundings as they passed by, abiotic and otherwise. So close to so many wolves was potentially risky in many ways, and while she was content to soak in the scenery, she had to keep her attention divided in case her loneliness was particularly short-lived.

Soon, a familiar sight and voice. He was easy to recall from the mountainside. A flatterer of a wolf, true, but certainly a face she could tolerate seeing again. Her roving slowed up. The pale-coated male became her focus. Ah, Ariston, she hummed in greeting as she watched him and his posturing. It has been a moment. It was hard not to wonder how he had fared since weeks back when they had first met She remained neutral, with a stance that was to look relaxed despite her keenness. Someone like herself rarely spent time so close to pack claims so she would be adjusting as needed... if needed.

I came to investigate the pack for myself, but I did not necessarily expect a familiar face to find me, she said. He was one of the very few pack wolves she could claim to know and judging by the smells here, this pack was not a tiny one at present.

sorry for party rockin'
133 Posts
Ooc — Emy
The fact that she remembered him was all that he needed to make his quick intervention necessary. His bushy plume wagged in sync with the words she used to explain her sudden apparition and he nodded with vigor to acknowledge her reasoning. "It's a pretty decent place," he vouched in case she'd been fishing for his personal opinion about the pack. But as he looked upon her he noticed a fairly familiar skittishness in her physique...one that was kin to any creature who wandered too close to a home without having one of their own.

It was a simple thing to remedy. The barrier, Hawkeye and Peregrine's scents mingled together, remained between them for but a moment preceding a small chuff that indicated his understanding. He sidestepped to a point that was considered neutral grounds. "There," he commented with a chipper smile as one forepaw lifted and batted gently on the swarthy femme's tense shoulder. "Now we're on even terms...no need to give me the lone wolf stink eye."

set by Emy

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Amekaze was certainly not the best at seeming warmly welcoming, even if the face greeting her was friendly and truly, she didn't mean to come off that way. She stayed guarded (these were not lands of her home, so it only seemed natural), although markedly less so, and it wasn't necessarily part of who she was to be outgoing and too enthusiastic. Her reputation as the incorrigible jerk among her siblings when they had been younger had not been without reason.

It certainly smells.. well-guarded, from here, she mentioned after he said it was a decent place. Ame could gauge that their numbers were solid at least, even if she could not pick out every individual for a formal count. The wolves at the helm here were likely pleased.

She watched him carefully as he strode over. Immediately, she did not understand why but it quickly became clear. Still, she stared at him anyway as he batted at her, although she did take this as a sign to relax. How thoughtful of you, she jeered, letting her lips curl into a small jesting smirk. I do not spend much time near packs. Obvious reasons, she cited. Still, life here has suited you since we last met? In her roundabout way, how had he been. She could not see cause for concern on his physical appearances, and truly, it looked as if he had been well.

sorry for party rockin'
133 Posts
Ooc — Emy
Don't mind Ax he's just going through a bit of something at the moment @_@;;

Her jab at his show of companionship, whether it meant to or not, left a sour feeling in the pit of his stomach. Toward her sardonic response his charmed smile dried and the excited flicker within his eyes became extinguished. She, like almost everyone he'd met, seemed the type that found his chummy nature a waste of time. "I was trying to be," he said with a sudden coolness that did not belong to his typically welcoming voice.

Though he remained on Amekaze's side of the border he withdrew a few steps and pulled his flanks into a seating position. Air huffed between his lips - akin to blowing bangs from one's face - and he turned his gaze toward the wilderness. "It's lonely," he admitted to abide her inquiry. "The life here provides well enough but I think I've encountered rocks that made me feel more welcome than the wolves here."

Regretting his slight chill toward the swarthy femme, who possesses circumstances that he did not yet know, he raised one brow and regarded her with a sideward glance. "And you? How has the vagabond life been for you lately?"

set by Emy

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Her keen eyes did not miss the deflation of his mood. He did not seem to hide it any. The light practically drained from him and she did not necessarily see why right away -- her dry responses were only natural (not that he would know that), but she wouldn't be stepping far out of her way to right him and get him back into a good mood. She splayed her ears and peered, readied to remark but decided to let it go, which was made easier when he spoke on.

Amekaze straightened her ears and lowered her rump to the ground as well. You know, you are not the first pack wolf to speak to me of loneliness. I find it.. curious? she replied quietly along with a tilt of her head. It makes me wonder if I am not actually missing anything, Ame added with a soft 'tch' sound to punctuate her words. Loneliness at times was her biggest complaint about being a loner. She had no regular comrades, even if she did not need many of them in her life.

It is acceptable. Lonely, and there are days when the hunting is difficult, but I have my freedom, she answered then sighed. I have had my eye on a pack, somewhat, but not committed to it in full yet.. which is why I am here sniffing your boundaries. My loyalty is valuable and I am.. choosy. Her pride in herself may undo her one day, but until then, she stood by her stubborn ideals.

sorry for party rockin'
133 Posts
Ooc — Emy
Amekaze's comfort was not something he expected and he was opposed to the act of begging for her pity...her lack of apology for wounding him was disregarded without fuss. "Everyone's too busy trying to be bad asses," he commented with a superfluous toss of his muzzle. "No time for stories or building companionship between each other. They're all huffing and puffing and trying to look the most likely to blow your house down." Secretly he wondered if she would understand the reference. Didn't everyone's Mommies tell them bedtime stories?

"Do be," he encouraged at the lone femme's sly choice of words. He was not prompted to fish for her vote; he regarded her for a moment before shrugging his shoulders. "I will be honest with this pack's pros and cons. We are a strong bunch filled with several capable hunters and guardians...the boundaries are well maintained and the caches are being kept full. There is no fighting, at least not openly, among the ranks so everyone seems content in their place and it's been peaceful."

Now for the hard part. "But this pack has a 'all for one but none for all' mindset. I am nearly a stranger to them and I've been here for months. If I left...I can't help but wonder if they'd notice I was gone. I'm hoping that it will get better with time."

Golden orbs locked onto her and he mustered a grave smile. "I wouldn't blow your house down though," he offered as if his sole companionship could help alleviate the stress of a disharmonized pack.

set by Emy

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Trying to be badasses? Amekaze furrowed her brows. Bizarre, she quipped. The use of "trying" made her almost laugh. It didn't sound like particularly worthy strength to bow before. Wolves really waste their energy on that? And among comrades? I understand the need for dominance but that seems excessive, she remarked quietly and remembered her sister with a scowl of realization.

Peaceful, he said, and she remained impassive. These wolves likely only knew peace, likely why they, as he had put it, wasted their time with huffing and puffing about.

Hm, Ame murmured, reminded of the Ridge in a few ways, but not quite all. Kisu's words had the same tone about them. A strong pack, resources plentiful but.. lacking bonds. Maybe it was because they were both young packs, ones who had not yet fully found their stride. I would hope it would take less time than a few months to feel.. more at home. But, this too seems to be a common complaint. To her ears at least. It is not easy yearn for pack life with mixed reviews like these, she chuffed with a flick of her muzzle. It was certainly not very inspiring. What are your alphas like? I smell two, she asked and wondered if they were guilty of huffing and puffing.

sorry for party rockin'
133 Posts
Ooc — Emy
You got my 100th post!

"An obscene amount of time," he corrected with a touch of humor riddling his voice. He couldn't help but think of Peregrine and found himself temporarily distracted by the memory of the wolf's eyes locking in on him during the pack meeting. What in the hell did he want anyway? "I appreciate a strong leadership," was added lest Amekaze get the impression he was an anarchist at heart, "but I'd rather not spend every conversation having a heated debate."

"I think it has less to do with the amount of time I've spent here and more with the fact that the pack's population has been steadily pumped with newcomers. Everyone's pretty busy finding their place in the pack." This was the singular excuse he mulled over when he suffered particularly deep feelings of abandonment.

The inquiry about his alphas made the pale wolf's ears flatten with anxiety. "Hawkeye, the female, was originally the only leader. She is brash and makes mistakes...but I get the sense that she's willing to learn from them. Peregrine, her mate, was ascended to the status of both mate and alpha male within two or so weeks of his arrival so I haven't much opinion about him other than he's a tad hot headed."

And now for the hard part. He stood and bumped his snout into Amekaze's shoulder; his touch was gentle though it did not linger. Sunlit eyes locked on the earth by her paws and he sighed softly...cursing himself for the vulnerability locked into his downturned face. "You have been a lone wolf for a long time and deserve a pack that can show you what you've been missing out on all this time. This is not that kind of pack."

He lifted his head and stared into the she wolf's eyes for what seemed like an eternity. Sadness, and perhaps a strain of regret, made the sunny hues glow as dim as dying embers. "I would love nothing more than to have you as a companion here, Pretty Girl. But we don't deserve you. "

set by Emy

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
i will cherish it fondly! in return i wrote you a big rambling wreck that i made in about four separate sittings so er, enjoy ~_~

She found it hard to imagine and justify, to waste that much energy on carrying about maintaining this image of the big bad wolf. At their hearts, that was all they were and naturally there were those among them who were exceptionally fierce or wore their gruff wildness more plainly than others. Amekaze just thought it strange that wolves had to try for this and that they actually did.

Sounds troublesome, she remarked with a small nod. She appreciated strong leadership as well but the notion of heated debates made her frown. Undesirable. Hm, well, it is good the pack grows, especially in the dark of winter but what good does it do if the bonds suffer. To me, a pack should feel like family, which she may have believed because her first and only pack had been family, even if not entirely by blood. This also may have been why she struggled in picking a pack -- she wanted to strike a balance between maintaining her freedom and having the important companionship to fall back on when so desired. That was about all lonerhood lacked and apparently, the packs struggled with this as well.

It immediately appeared to her that the question about his leaders made him uncomfortable. She didn't take it as a good sign and listened on, reserving her judgements best that she could. They did not seem like leaders that would work well for her however she wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility of meeting them once. She wouldn't be vying for their attention, though.

As he stood, she watched. Her haunches stayed planted and her eyes followed his motion as he neared, then touched. She was quiet and he did not linger, moving on to say what she had begun to surmise herself. He was to the point and frank with her. She nodded. I appreciate you being so truthful with me, she intoned gently, significantly softer than anything else that had rolled off her tongue lately. No many would have the will to tell her like it was, truly.

And she saw the sorrow swirl in his eyes so plainly as she peered back. Unfortunately she could not know the right words to ease it, if only some. She wondered if he really belonged here but that was his to decide. He could do better than this sadness and she thought that he should. He had led a pack once (although not without mistake) and possessed a keen, warm spirit. He ought to have more than this, this which only inspired a dimming look in his otherwise bright sunshine.

Ah, you should know I am bad at compliments by now, she huffed lightly. Amekaze didn't think Pretty Girl fit her much yet didn't dwell, and instead reached to poke her muzzle to the side of his face or neck -- an awkward gesture on her behalf but it meant to be similar to as he had done to her shoulder. It was what she was attempting to mimic, after all, but months alone made her more ungraceful in the act than she willfully admitted. It is too bad you are most likely right. The subtly smug look remained for that much but it began to straighten soon after. You seem like you could use some decent company. Sadness does not particularly suit eyes like yours, she observed.

sorry for party rockin'
133 Posts
Ooc — Emy
One of the best rambling wrecks I've ever had to read =D I'll leave it up to you whether you want to continue this or fade away! I'm good with either -thumbsup-

"That's kind of what I was hoping for I guess," he said with a nod of agreement. "Something to replace the family I left back home. No luck so far." The revelation left an acrid taste in his mouth but he did not allow it to linger...instead bobbing his muzzle to acknowledge the lone wolf's gratitude for his honesty. He wished himself a better liar. He wanted to craft these marvelous stories that would make her truly consider joining...if only to satisfy his loneliness in the end. But he'd been a wild thing once, too. And she did not deserve a cage gilded by the misleading propaganda of another.

However it was the velvety lull of her voice coupled with sincerity beneath her touch that seemed to lure him away from the siren's call of despair. Ax's ship did not crash against the rocks. He cranium lifted and when he looked at her his eyes were still as feeble lanterns in the daylight but a new fire was kindling deep within them...their muted intensity building on the premise of renewed spirit.

He wanted to thank her for what was obviously a gesture beyond normal for her. He wanted to forge poetic verse upon his tongue and express to her truly what it meant for her to have reached out. And had he settled on that impulse for more than a second or two he might've actually articulated a half-decent prose...but he was a guy. The mushiness of his heart was gobbled up in a single snap of young pride and his thespian future quieted without anyone ever being called to its witness.

"...you really think my eyes are beautiful?" he murmured with forced girlishness that followed the theme of his batting lashes. Of course he knew she'd said no such thing specifically; but it was not a sentiment he left her room to clarify. Spinning around with a laugh he launched into their neutral grounds and into the unkempt foliage with a bark daring her to catch him if she could.

set by Emy

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
o(^▽^)o

She could relate as she too sought someplace to ease missing home. Rikudou was still the only place she truly held ties to, as many miles away as they were, and it was mostly because of family.

Nevertheless, she had evidently quieted him for a beat. She said nothing to break the silence either and let his head rush with whatever it may while willing her own to not follow suit. So, studiously she watched and wondered what it was that filled his thoughts then. His eyes did not reveal his secrets in full, although she did wonder...

She straightened then. He was true to what she was beginning to recognize as his fashion despite the somberness of the moment before. Tch, she huffed in an exaggerated scoff at his girlish display and simultaneously fought back a smile as she did. Of course she had said no such thing, exactly, but perhaps veiled the meaning was there.. if not entirely intentional. If that is what -- oi, she growled and cut short as he spun, then took off on her without another work. Ame got to her feet quickly and watched him go speeding into the neutral grounds, feeling just a touch of confusion at first.

Having no interest in encountering other Plateau wolves at the moment (lest they show up and intend to huff and puff at her, to which she was certain she would only be able to jeer at right now), she loped into pursuit. His head start put him at an advantage however Amekaze would be working to remedy this.. Where are you going so suddenly! she whuffed between surging breaths as she lengthened her stride to close in on him.

sorry for party rockin'
133 Posts
Ooc — Emy
I really like how they interact <3 And omgomg ahaha I had written "so fat" instead of "so fast" in my preview window...so glad I caught that!

Laughter, breathless and hoarse, followed his wake as he led them through an unkempt trail that he recalled first voyaging when he and Koontz had made their pilgrimage in the territory. He could hardly head Amekaze tagging behind him but he had faith that she was there; indeed that fact was made known when she shouted at his retreating figure.

He had no answer...for he had no destination. Ariston had been a wild thing once - and not too long ago to boot - and found pleasure in the random flight to nowhere. He was certain Amekaze was enjoying the pursuit or at least the feigned sensation of hunting down some obscure quarry. When he felt the winterize foliage thin beneath his thudding prints he slowed enough so that her longer gait had her caught up to him within mere seconds...his canted cheek allowing him to regard her with an exaggerated expression of surprise.

"Pretty Girl is so fast!" he gawked before barking uproariously as her and sending a playful nip at her shoulder to invite her to lead the (senseless) chase.

set by Emy

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
omg hahah ame would just have to |: and eyeroll so hard if you hadn't caught it

Ah, the chase. She could appreciate the sensation, to let herself gallop across the landscapes without the drilled focus of a hunt keeping her senses brutally keened. This was different from what she was used to, he was no scrappy meal that might keep her belly warm through the night but instead, a companion with a happy romp for a gait.

She realized soon that it was likely he had no goal of a destination in mind here and his lack of answer did well to confirm this for her. Even so, his laughter was oddly inviting and she maintained her chase. If there was any benefit of her winter leanness, it may have just been additional speed. When he did slow up, she only wished she were close enough to manage to bowl roughly into him. While it was unquestionable that he trumped her in size, she believed she was more formidable than she appeared -- even somewhat weakened with her stamina drained by winter cruel grip..

You should not seem so surprised, she mused, ears quivering at that nickname again. So unlike anything she'd been called before. Yet her lips curled into a small smile to the little touch of his teeth on her shoulder. I may not be as forgiving as you, she then warned, and with that she nipped the air near his snout and took off. Flattening out, from the end of her nose to the tip of her tail, she mustered her speed, dug deep, and dared him to catch her.

It didn't matter what was ahead or where she was going. Just.. forward. She simply pointed her nose towards the horizon and ran, planning to keep it up until her lungs burned and her legs ailed.

sorry for party rockin'
133 Posts
Ooc — Emy
Bwhahaha he would've given her quite a complex @_@

Amekaze was definitely as quick as she looked. He metaphorically ate her dust as she wicked away her physical drag and became a black torpedo skimming across the earth. The strength of his legs permitted him to keep an admirable pace behind her...but it was clear that even with maximum effort he'd never be able to overwhelm her in this particular race. Still he had a wonderful time trying, his eyes focused only on her figure ahead, and as his paws gave thunderous applause against the soil he gave himself away to the delightful absence of thought or ponderings. There in that moment there was only Amekaze, the running, and the thrill of the unknown.

set by Emy

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Only when the thrill of running full out began to wane did she tune in to see how he fared. She knew he was following by the sound of his paws and his breath and now that she was feeling like retaliating (sufficiently pleased by having outrun him), she slowed up subtly. Ears pricked forward and although she refused to turn her head to look, she glanced behind her best she could. She didn't intend to make him suspicious of her upcoming move.

When she heard him stride forward in pursuit, she wheeled around abruptly then sprung back at him, fully intending to cause the best collision-combined-tackle she could. With his momentum and her own reared-up response, she couldn't help but growl playfully.

sorry for party rockin'
133 Posts
Ooc — Emy
His assumption that Amekaze's sporadic peeking was merely an attempt to keeps tabs on his pace was thoroughly disproven upon her moment of attack. He'd just gotten the hang of somewhat streamlining himself in the way she had, his ears whistling from the wind's declining drag, when she spun and became a two-legged barrier. The lack of preparation for this moment was evident; he metaphorically dropped anchor in an attempt to avoid collision but was unable to fully skirt around the she wolf.

Their clashing was accented with the hollow thudding of two body cavities slamming together and the scrabbling of paws as they tore at the earth for purchase. The magnificent crescendo of their tumble together was ended by the breathless gasp of his lungs...he'd literally had the air knocked out of him. But once he did gain his voice back - and he did within a few seconds - it bubbled with unabashed laughter. Amekaze had ended up the victor of the playful assault and laid sprawled out on top of him; his neck twisted so that he could inquisitively prod her shoulder and ribs with his snout.

He was amused by the turn of events but also unable to stop himself from making sure she hadn't been accidently harmed in the process.

set by Emy

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
ooo since i saw ariston was removed, i went ahead and kind of narrative-ended this so it could be archived, but if you come back and want to revive this, let me know~ if not i'll assume they romped and had fun :D

Unsure of exactly how it had come to this, she rumbled excitedly as she was successful in making a mess of what was once a smooth, streamlined gallop. Opportunities to play had been sparse in her recent months.. namely after leaving home. She was a bit out of practice but these were motions that came back to her with ease. Ame had always played rough among her littermates (until it had evolved to outright violence) and with the litter a year younger than herself. She remembered keenly and yet, this was starkly different in ways immeasurable. He brought his own flair to this and she was eager to see how it would unfold.

He had been caught unaware and despite his efforts to stop, the crash was inevitable. She embraced it with a laughing growl, even as impact was made and she was jostled accordingly, but she liked it still.. the exhilaration, and dare she say, fun? Not like there was anything wrong with a little horseplay.

In the end, sprawled out as she was atop the pale-furred male, she chuckled. Sou na, she hummed lowly through a smirk, but was quick to return to the language he would know. That much had not necessarily been intentional, it had been only natural on her behalf, but she did not dwell. Ame nipped down at him in momentary triumph instead with mischief alight in her eyes. It was surprisingly easy to top you, you know, she laughed in jest and then sprung off in a nimble motion. Prancing aside with her tail swung up over her haunches, she lifted her muzzle to invite him back to knock her down a peg or two, if such a thing might interest him.

Whether he did or didn't was of little consequence. She would run and romp until she was tired with or without him (although she hoped for the former). Eventually they were bound to part ways, but for the time she was keen to enjoy the company while she had it. Times like these were rare, so even if she may never say it, she did cherish it in her own way, but it did make returning to the solitude of the wilds sting more than it did already.

Current time: April 28, 2024, 09:10 PM Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2024 MyBB Group.