Neverwinter Forest that faint echo
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

She continued on. Ahead, the fortress of pine trees loomed and she made her way steadily closer.

Neverwinter. Of that much she knew. That, and a female headed their ranks.. one of supposedly relevant (in some place and time) blood. Aside from that, it did not seem that she knew much of them and could not think of any wolf she knew from their ranks. Perhaps they were a secretive lot, or just not prone to crossing paths with her. Either way, she wondered of them.

So she would see the pack for herself. Their borderlands, at least, and considering that any self-respecting pack would have wolves tending to them, she guessed someone would find her soon who could entertain her for a moment. A piece of her wanted to meet their leader, the Feralheart female, but she would glean her information from any wolf she might find. Sometimes the pack wolves were more helpful than the leader. After all, she was not only interested in strong leaders but also favorable subordinates if they were to be her company -- hypothetically, of course. Amekaze had no plans of joining in this moment but that could always change. She would be hard to impress, though.

Then she loitered at their pine-scented fringes. She busied herself with a small trot just a stone's throw from the formal boundary lines and acquainted herself with the territory's edge: an impressive forest. Surely, the depths were even more than this.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
10 Posts
Ooc —
Blanc was close enough to the borders to note the strange scent on the wind. She never loitered; she constantly scavenged and scouted for trespassers and unfavorable situations she could turn the other way around. Her tail was rigid behind her as she forged through the wintry wonderland, and it took no time at all for her to arrive.

She took in the other with eyes that did not linger for too long of a time, but she assessed. Blanc was not so large as her Tartok relatives, and was far more fair than them in appearance (though perhaps, at least, not always in behavior). Her ears cupped and rotated backward, as she speculated reasons as to why this woman was here; but the white woman was quite, waiting to hear for herself, licking her chops and rooting herself to the spot she stood in in the meantime. Amekaze was not too close for comfort; had she of been, Blanc would have asserted herself more aggressively. Her priority was the lands security at this point in time, she would maintain that her packmates were safe.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

She noted their smells, hoping to pick them apart. It smelled of a single leader, but with solid numbers beneath her. Not as numerous as the Plateau pack, from her count, but not of what she could consider thin ranking. Considering that she knew this was a pack not all that much older than Akhlut's Ridge, it was establishing itself well.

It did not seem to take long before a pale wolf appeared from the depths of the forest. She felt the burn of eyes watching her, so Amekaze adjusted to watch back with narrowing eyes. Her paws stopped and her ears quivered forward. No part of her posture said outright submission yet.

The pack wolf was dressed in white and of elegant appearances. She appeared keened and rightfully so. This was her home, and Ame a strange, foreign presence, here presented as unbiased. I have come to learn of the pack, she eventually announced once her paws were effectively squared. She left the distance between them as it was just in case. Along borderlands, she was exceptionally careful.

10 Posts
Ooc —
The wolf kept her distance, and Blanc duly noted that the woman did not submit in any definition of the word. The distance was respectable, but Blanc bristled; she had always been taught to defend, to push. And so Blanc took a step forward, far from amused at what she saw as blatant disrespect, her lips quivering, threatening to break into a snarling scowl. If the other took a single step forward, Blanc would be upon her as fire would dry would if given the chance, to consume every piece of her as though she were the flame biting the lumber.

The other spoke then, and Blanc tilts her head. And what do you offer in turn for this information? Amekaze looked every part the disinterested loner, so Blanc wondered at the others willingness to join a pack then and there, and Blanc had always been taught of discretion. This was not Tartok she understood, but she protected it as such. Perhaps her protectiveness over the territory would turn Amekaze away. It was not her ambition for this to occur, but first and foremost Blanc was a wolf, protective over her home, her territory. Chakra had the grace to allow her entry, and Blanc willingly served the pale woman in turn.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Ame would push the boundaries this much. She stayed where she was as she was. Little this wolf had done so far had inspired her otherwise, so here she was with a scrutinizing eye.

The edge of the other was not unnoticed. She saw, and then considered the implications. Would one wrong word or gesture send her springing? So it appeared. Amekaze imagined the rush of satisfaction in testing this theory, although she kept her manners on a slack rein for now.

My loyalty is a possibility, she replied curtly. She could be another capable wolf here and one less to one of the region's other packs if the pack suited her well enough. Yet, she did not come here desperately pining for a home and the solace it would provide.

What she did want was to be impressed. It may depend on what else you feel you need, she added, then with a tilt of her muzzle although her stare remained hardened. Oftentimes packs were not so hard to garner the basics from. Just by being here, she was learning some, so even if this ivory-furred beauty could not be appeased without significant effort, this would not be a waste. I already know of your Alpha through the words of another and it was enough to inspire me to learn more. Her eyes remained narrowed, daring almost.

The encounter ran its course and Amekaze decided that this was not the right time for this. When it was eventually realized that she would gain nothing from this, she took her leave...