Moonspear sly blue
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
All Welcome 
With the morning's thick blanket of fog that showed no signs of clearing as daylight began to streak the mountainside, she worked her way down the pathways towards the central reaches of her home.

Once their borders had been set out, enforced, and solidified as absolute fact, she had stolen away to further up the slopes for a bit of time to herself on the higher elevations she needed to get to know better. She'd needed the breather and the break after all the running around she had done leading up to their founding, during it, and just afterward, so it had just worked out.

Her respite had come to an end, though, and she was feeling light with a head far clearer than the atmosphere around her. When the path permitted, granting her an open stretch of space, she lowered her snout to the earth and picked up a faster pace through the haze. Since she was feeling quite close to the landscape itself now, it was time to follow this with a better relationship with the residents. She tried to catch scent of Thistle, or perhaps Atreyu.. but they were not the only ones she'd do well to see. Dash, Aran, and even Jace and Rain came to mind. There were so many in their midst -- the pack had dawned stronger than anticipated, so she lurked after the strongest scent she could catch and wondered if the fog would clear before afternoon.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The past day or so, Dash had kept to the lower part of the mountain, trying to find a spot for his "social" den among the trees and brush. He wanted it to be easily accessible by the other pack members, instead of being hidden away. As it was, he already had a few hidden spots he would use when he needed to be alone.  Those times, however, were getting fewer and fewer as he settled into Moonspear.

He was walking along when her scent caught his attention. Instinctively, his tail and head lowered before he  picked up his pace, hoping to catch up with her. When she came into view, he chuffed to get her attention. Hey, Ame, he said as he came to a halt. He thought he sounded a little casual, but he really wasn't sure what else to say. His face showed a little that he was feeling a bit awkward.
Feel free to tag Dash as needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW. 
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She skimmed over several scents, none more direct than the others, but it only served to remind her how populated this mountain seemed in comparison to the desolate Sunspire. It did well to ease her concerns about the upcoming winter and simultaneously reaffirm to her that this was the right choice for survival's sake.

However, what remained a mystery was how well some of the Sunspire wolves were integrating; she feared they all were not taking the transition as smoothly as she was. Personally, she was doing quite well, physically and mentally -- especially after a bout of good rest to revitalize the spirit.

But, a chuff refocused her and she turned to meet it. "Dash," she greeted when she saw him and recognition dawned. Her lifted tail gave a small wave and admittedly, he was one of several wolves she had been wondering about. She knew relatively little about him, besides that while he was not a former Bay wolf, he might have been had they stayed there any longer. Ame had smelled him around "Are you busy?" she asked first of all while she looked him over thoroughly.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
His tail gave a wag of his own as she turned around, asking if he was busy. No, not at all, he said, before second guessing the answer. He was a pack member now. Didn't that mean he always had a job to do? Saying he wasn't busy would imply he wasn't doing anything, which meant he wasn't doing anything to contribute to the pack.

He mentally shook himself, trying to get rid of the anxiety he felt. He knew he was doing what he could, thinking about a trade and whatnot. But, he also knew he needed to be a little more proactive in achieving it.

Getting his brain back to the present, he asked, Is there something I can do for you?" He sat back on his haunches, wondering if she had a task for him.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She nodded as he answered, not aware of his uncertainty in his response. To her, it was just about what she wanted to hear and although he asked of a task, she wasn't sure of any specifics like that just yet. For now, she was feeling a bit nosy, and just wanted a one-on-one exchange with him. As to where it may lead her, that remained to be seen. "Ah, well.. not exactly," she began, remaining on her feet but relaxed enough -- even shifting her weight to the right side as she considered him.

There were always the typical questions of how he was settling in, so on and so forth, to see how he was doing on that but she decided on a different route for now. "I am just curious, really. You said you were a fighter. Self taught? It is an interest of mine," came with a small smirk, even if deep down, she knew months of relative complacency on the Spire had surely rusted her skills. Jace had been her only fellow warrior who was usually around, and while it was good fortune that had kept the mountain peaceful, she had to admit it did little for her personal growth as a warrior. Frankly, it had fallen to the back-burner for her..
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
It seemed she didn't have anything specific for him, but he got the impression there was something. His ears perked and his head tilted, waiting for her to say exactly what. It didn't occur to him that he could have just asked what it was, instead of waiting for her to say it. He was a wolf of few words from time to time.

He nodded when she asked if he was self taught, and explained fighting was an interest of hers. His body shifted a little where he sat, his discomfort showing. Well... he began. I am self taught, but out of necessity. I learned to fight to survive. I've never... fought fair, he admitted to her, his ears flattening on his head as his gaze lowered. It was always his life or someone else's.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She was beginning to be keyed into him seeming a little bit uncomfortable, although she could not yet tell if it was just because they were not overly well-acquainted, or otherwise. Amekaze didn't mean to make it so, and she didn't want to pry unnecessarily with her questions since she knew she would not appreciate it if so. But, she'd give this more time, and nodded thoughtfully as he answered.

"Unfair fighting fair is still fighting, as far as I am concerned." Her smirk lingered. Ame's definition was more broad than others, and she had an appreciation for many styles. Sometimes it simply came down to doing what needed done. "Do you have any interest in continuing with it and honing the skills any?" Without the sheer necessity of it all, she could understand if he would prefer to steer his interests elsewhere.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
It seemed Ame thought any kind of fighting was still fighting. He didn't quite return her smirk, but a lip did lift a little. She asked if he had any interest in continuing with fight as a trade. One shoulder lifted in a shrug. I thought so, at first. But, after talking with Charon, I'm not so sure. I didn't think there were any other options for me, other than Warrior, but Charon pointed out otherwise. After thinking about it, I found that I fought because I had to, not because I wanted to, he explained honestly.

He didn't want it to seem like he wasn't contributing to the pack, though. Charon suggested maybe Outrider, he added. It did seem like a good fit for Dash. I mean, of course I would still defend the pack, when needed. It just wasn't his first choice anymore. He wondered what she thought about it. It was interesting to him that he cared at all what she might think. Maybe he did because he knew Charon would, and he respected Charon's opinion.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
He elaborated in more detail than she'd expected, but it was welcome in giving her a greater insight into where his place would be. "True, there are plenty of options," she agreed smoothly. And the more she heard, the more she wondered if warrior was for him. While it was one of her own skills, it was probably not her most utilized in peaceful times like these, and she was mostly looking for other wolves to spar with in the meantime. 

"Outriders are valuable, and if defense interests you, there is warden to consider." His mention of defense in that moment had made her bring that one up. "Since I do believe you traveled alone a long time, outriding may work for you. I do know of several wolves who sate their need to roam by their duties," she nodded. "I had considered it for myself once, for I roamed alone for many moons before my settling, but it simply does not mesh well with the needs of leadership," her shoulders rolled with the admission.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Dash hadn't really expected himself to say all that, either. It seemed that every once in awhile, his thoughts seemed to tumble out of his mouth. He listened intently to her, his ears perked in her direction, though his gaze stayed well below his Alpha's. He thought he understood how being an Outrider could interfere with her leadership duties. He didn't think many Alphas would leave their packs for long periods of time when the pack needed them so much to survive.

He shrugged a little. I think I might try it out. I had to follow food all the time, and Charon said it was useful to know where our prey might go, he replied. Maybe I'll go find a nearby herd and track their most frequent paths, he added. There were many things a pack absolutely needed to thrive, and food was up there on the list. Being able to track, and possibly predict where a herd might go could be very useful.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Leadership did keep her more rooted, and did prevent her from outriding as she might if she weren't leading, but it did give her more of a chance to focus on her other aspects instead. Instead, she could just see to the growth of capable outriders -- ones that she could trust in completely. Seeing that come to be was perhaps more satisfying than gaining the distinction for herself..

She nodded, approving wholly on him tracking the herds. "That would be good," she replied, knowing it was information she'd be able to make use of. "A wise time for it, too.. with winter to consider," she said. Since they were in a new place at the edge of a potentially dangerous season, they needed to be aware of all their resources. While tracking extensively was not one of her preferred interests, knowing the general whereabouts of herds and their statuses was only bound to make them stronger. "Last winter was rather mild and prey stayed relatively available. Maybe it will be kind again, but that is nothing to count on.." Considering this tugged her expression further towards a thoughtful frown. She hoped for the best and simply readied herself to see the signs if nature suggested it was going to unleash hell upon them..

Anyway, her focus shifted just subtly with that still in mind. "I am heading for the borders. Patrol, and.. otherwise perhaps." she informed him and began to pivot towards the nearest edge. The invitation was veiled, and unspoken of course besides the little flick of her snout, but he was invited to come too if he had no other preoccupations. She'd understand if he preferred to get on with his own doings, though. Ame was satisfied in knowing him a bit better now and wouldn't take too much all at once.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Amekaze seemed to think the idea of tracking their prey was a good one, too. Dash nodded. I'll get started on it, then, he said. He knew he would need to do it soon, before the snow hit and winter was here full force. Dash wasn't usually a wolf to wonder about what tomorrow would bring, but he found himself worrying now. He was settling in to his duties, and with that came thoughts of the future and things that needed to be done.

It seemed she was off to do patrols, and for a moment, he hadn't caught the invitation. While his brain did catch up, he hesitated. He still had reservations and insecurities about socializing, but he knew he'd never get over them unless he just did it. Besides, she seemed nice enough, and accepting of him. He trotted off, catching up with her quickly, though he didn't bring his nose past her shoulders, letting her lead the way. While he had been doing patrols, too, he figured this would also be a good opportunity to see how she did them.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
we can fade this out or continue it a little more if you'd want, idc! i know i've been a holdup lately because long hours at work = >_>
She believed that Dash would find what worked best for him and in doing so, hit his stride. She wouldn't pressure the matter any, since she knew personally how settling into packlife could be difficult. He'd do it at his own pace, or not at all, but he'd never given her a reason to doubt that. So long as he provided towards the greater good of the pack, she was content.

Ame wasn't sure if he'd follow, but in time, he did join her. She appreciated the company and although her travels went on wordlessly, she was grateful. Oftentimes she was alone on the borders. Two sets of noses, paws and eyes doing the work here was only bound to make the more effective. But, it did seem quiet. All the scents were in order, nothing seemed disturbed, and now and again she paused to mark before picking up the pace once more. She was finding that this pack was up-keeping itself remarkably well.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Same here. I'm so tired after work that some night I just don't have the energy to post. We can fade here <3

Dash was glad of the comfortable silence. There weren't many wolves, he noticed, that didn't feel the need to fill it with needless words. Don't get him wrong, there were times he did like to converse, but he felt most comfortable when he could just be and not worry about having to say something.

He followed along with Amekaze, sniffing here and there, but finding nothing amiss. He would patrol the borders with her for as long as she needed him, at which time he would most likely return to his den to rest.