Horizon Ridge for now, this is just fine
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
i'm alright with nudging this to the present, and i'm gonna open it up for anyone so it doesn't have to go dead :3
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

It had been during the hours of the afternoon when she had returned to the riverside to trek back towards the sea after sufficient explorations inland. She believed her travels had given her plenty to consider, and after a successful afternoon hunt, she felt it in her bones that it was time to return to the only place that managed to have the slightest of pulls on her -- the coastline, and its woodlands. With ease, she joined the riverbank and took to the familiar turf of the old redwood forests.

There, she let the last hours of daylight pass while she made her way through with a meandering, looping path. Here and there she would return to the river, but she remained indulgent in her reunion with the coast. Eventually, Ame reached the beach but she did not stay long. It was cold and windy without the cover of the trees, so she retreated again and then, feeling in decent spirits, she decided to head towards the Ridge.

By the time she arrived near their boundaries, the skies were darkening and streaked with the vivid colors of the sunsetl.

And so, she lifted her muzzle to the treetops and howled. Short, and not overly loud as it was uncharacteristic of her to summon anyone at all with her unused voice, but, she believed it would make do. After, she settled to wait as the day's light faded further by the moment. She wondered how the Ridge and its alpha had been while she had been busy roaming about.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
<div><span style="color:#3ad483;">I</span><span style="color:#46da8c;"> </span><span style="color:#52e096;">h</span><span style="color:#5ee69f;">a</span><span style="color:#6beda8;">v</span><span style="color:#77f3b1;">e</span><span style="color:#83f9bb;"> </span><span style="color:#8fffc4;">a</span><span style="color:#80f6b4;"> </span><span style="color:#71eca3;">t</span><span style="color:#62e393;">h</span><span style="color:#52d983;">e</span><span style="color:#43d073;">o</span><span style="color:#34c662;">r</span><span style="color:#25bd52;">y</span><span style="color:#33c664;"> </span><span style="color:#41cf75;">t</span><span style="color:#4fd887;">h</span><span style="color:#5ee098;">a</span><span style="color:#6ce9aa;">t</span><span style="color:#7af2bb;"> </span><span style="color:#88fbcd;">s</span><span style="color:#7ffcca;">e</span><span style="color:#76fcc7;">l</span><span style="color:#6dfdc4;">f</span><span style="color:#65fdc0;">l</span><span style="color:#5cfebd;">e</span><span style="color:#53feba;">s</span><span style="color:#4affb7;">s</span><span style="color:#49ffba;">n</span><span style="color:#47ffbd;">e</span><span style="color:#46ffc0;">s</span><span style="color:#45ffc4;">s</span><span style="color:#44ffc7;"> </span><span style="color:#42ffca;">a</span><span style="color:#41ffcd;">n</span><span style="color:#40f9c2;">d</span><span style="color:#3ff3b8;"> </span><span style="color:#3eedad;">b</span><span style="color:#3de6a3;">r</span><span style="color:#3ce098;">a</span><span style="color:#3bda8e;">v</span><span style="color:#3ad483;">e</span><span style="color:#3ad688;">r</span><span style="color:#3ad88d;">y</span><span style="color:#3ada92;"> </span><span style="color:#3bdb97;">a</span><span style="color:#3bdd9c;">r</span><span style="color:#3bdfa1;">e</span><span style="color:#3be1a6;">n</span><span style="color:#33e5b1;">'</span><span style="color:#2aeabc;">t</span><span style="color:#22eec7;"> </span><span style="color:#19f2d3;">a</span><span style="color:#11f6de;">l</span><span style="color:#08fbe9;">l</span><span style="color:#00fff4;"> </span><span style="color:#08f9e4;">t</span><span style="color:#11f3d4;">h</span><span style="color:#19edc4;">a</span><span style="color:#21e6b3;">t</span><span style="color:#29e0a3;"> </span><span style="color:#32da93;">d</span><span style="color:#3ad483;">i</span><span style="color:#4cda95;">f</span><span style="color:#5de0a6;">f</span><span style="color:#6fe6b8;">e</span><span style="color:#80edca;">r</span><span style="color:#92f3dc;">e</span><span style="color:#a3f9ed;">n</span><span style="color:#b5ffff;">t</span></div>
140 Posts
Ooc — Paige
The sunset was something Gavriil enjoyed watching from the rocks overlooking the beach. In these days he would spend as much time as he could in this little overlook spot. He felt like an eagle watching over the sea from afar. The scents of saltwater surrounded the thick pelt of the burly male. His orange eyes seeking light from his perch on the hot rocks. Very few things could draw the male away from this little silver of paradise, a howl from an unfamiliar wolf would do it.

Making his way towards the sound Gavriil had hoped the wolf hadn't left. Standing just outside the packs borders was a she wolf, brilliant in color, an ebony wolf. Just like his alpha, Pump. But while Pump was large and daunting this wolf was agile and small compared to him. Her fur messed with in an unruly fashion as though the wind slept next to her. With a warning bark he approached the she wolf. "State your reason for being here Ma'am." Gavriil inquired in a friendly but firm tone.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
ahh thanks for joining i wasn't sure if anyone ever would ahah
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

When the note of her voice faded, she loitered and sniffed about just a reach away from the formal boundary marking. In doing so, she realized the utter absence of Akhlut's scent. It was not just that it was faded, or old.. no, it was gone and absent from this land. Ame's brows furrowed and almost, she considered turning to leave.

But a bark and the sound of pawsteps brought her focus back to here and kept her rooted in place. She stiffened and narrowed her eyes upon the wolf that appeared -- large, with a pelt of several colors, all smelling of the Ridge but not Akhlut (a notion she was still digesting). Only briefly did she catch sight of his eyes for their particular shade of orange caught her attention with ease, but she did not let her stare stay there so not to evoke any ire in him.

She appeared neutrally and quiet, with her manners well in the front of her mind, although her eyes were bright and hawkish even here. Mm, you have no reason to 'ma'am' me, she chuffed first and foremost. She thought it bizarre to call her by. Her preferred method of respectful words came with honorific suffixes, anyway, but none she knew of here spoke in them. I came to see Akhlut, honestly, but I smell he is... no longer here? The dark loner tilted her head, hoping he could shed some light upon this.

<div><span style="color:#3ad483;">I</span><span style="color:#46da8c;"> </span><span style="color:#52e096;">h</span><span style="color:#5ee69f;">a</span><span style="color:#6beda8;">v</span><span style="color:#77f3b1;">e</span><span style="color:#83f9bb;"> </span><span style="color:#8fffc4;">a</span><span style="color:#80f6b4;"> </span><span style="color:#71eca3;">t</span><span style="color:#62e393;">h</span><span style="color:#52d983;">e</span><span style="color:#43d073;">o</span><span style="color:#34c662;">r</span><span style="color:#25bd52;">y</span><span style="color:#33c664;"> </span><span style="color:#41cf75;">t</span><span style="color:#4fd887;">h</span><span style="color:#5ee098;">a</span><span style="color:#6ce9aa;">t</span><span style="color:#7af2bb;"> </span><span style="color:#88fbcd;">s</span><span style="color:#7ffcca;">e</span><span style="color:#76fcc7;">l</span><span style="color:#6dfdc4;">f</span><span style="color:#65fdc0;">l</span><span style="color:#5cfebd;">e</span><span style="color:#53feba;">s</span><span style="color:#4affb7;">s</span><span style="color:#49ffba;">n</span><span style="color:#47ffbd;">e</span><span style="color:#46ffc0;">s</span><span style="color:#45ffc4;">s</span><span style="color:#44ffc7;"> </span><span style="color:#42ffca;">a</span><span style="color:#41ffcd;">n</span><span style="color:#40f9c2;">d</span><span style="color:#3ff3b8;"> </span><span style="color:#3eedad;">b</span><span style="color:#3de6a3;">r</span><span style="color:#3ce098;">a</span><span style="color:#3bda8e;">v</span><span style="color:#3ad483;">e</span><span style="color:#3ad688;">r</span><span style="color:#3ad88d;">y</span><span style="color:#3ada92;"> </span><span style="color:#3bdb97;">a</span><span style="color:#3bdd9c;">r</span><span style="color:#3bdfa1;">e</span><span style="color:#3be1a6;">n</span><span style="color:#33e5b1;">'</span><span style="color:#2aeabc;">t</span><span style="color:#22eec7;"> </span><span style="color:#19f2d3;">a</span><span style="color:#11f6de;">l</span><span style="color:#08fbe9;">l</span><span style="color:#00fff4;"> </span><span style="color:#08f9e4;">t</span><span style="color:#11f3d4;">h</span><span style="color:#19edc4;">a</span><span style="color:#21e6b3;">t</span><span style="color:#29e0a3;"> </span><span style="color:#32da93;">d</span><span style="color:#3ad483;">i</span><span style="color:#4cda95;">f</span><span style="color:#5de0a6;">f</span><span style="color:#6fe6b8;">e</span><span style="color:#80edca;">r</span><span style="color:#92f3dc;">e</span><span style="color:#a3f9ed;">n</span><span style="color:#b5ffff;">t</span></div>
140 Posts
Ooc — Paige
No worries! I'm glad to join!

Gavriil wasn't one to act aggressively in very many situations. This one wasnt a call for aggression. When the female stiffened at his greeting, but remained silent for a few seconds Gavriil didn't question her. He understood, if an unfimilar pack wolf came wandering in on his call he would act the same. The male tiled his head when the female responded to his politeness by questioning. Gavriil was one to show respect to all wolves, calling them sir or ma'am, was not abnormal for the bear like male. "As a wolf you deserve respect, so I shall give it to you." Gavriil replied to the female. 

The female spoke and asked where Akhlut was, and why his scent wasn't in the area. Gavriil joined the pack after the natural disaster struck, a rock slide that left ,Amy of his pack mates injuried. While he had respect for the female in front of him showing weakness to a stranger wasn't something that Gavriil thought was intelligent. While he hadn't personally met the alpha before Pump, he had heard of the alpha's sudden disappearance. "Akhlut has left this pack, we are now led by Pump. May I ask why you wanted Akhlut ma'am?" Gavriil inquired in a friendly tone.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

From what she had learned so far, Ridge wolves were generally a respectable bunch. He spoke in a way that said, yes, this is my home and I am at ease here, with a tone of respect and assurance that ought to inspire none to mess with him. Amekaze, as a loner, could appreciate this treatment as opposed to outright hostility. So long as she minded her manners, nothing ill should come her way..

She considered his words a moment, finding it to be in line with what she had come to realize about him. Not all could find it in them to provide a leaderless loner with respect, but she certainly did not question him when it worked in her favor and he eventually answered her with what she had started to suspect -- Akhlut was no longer here.

And instead, Pump sat at the helm. Another curious twist, Amekaze nodded thoughtfully and willed herself to not let the tiny hint of disappointment she felt at finding him gone show through. I had not seen him in a time, I wanted to see how he and his pack were, she replied simply. But it was no longer his pack. Still his creation, but how long could his influence last without him present?

Amekaze had not suspected him to be a wolf to abandon his pack, so she had to wonder if something had happened. Has he been gone long? And Pump, too, I know from a brief encounter once. I hope that her newly found alphaship is suiting her, the loner nodded, wishing her the best in her own way. Pump had seemed to be a level-headed being, despite the pack leaving her feeling out of place. Perhaps now that was being remedied with her at the top and her word being the one for all to follow.

140 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Gavriil stood with pride in his stance. When the female battered him with a few questions about Akhlut's disappearance he replied to the best of his ability. "From what I understand the male disappeared nearly a month ago." In all honesty he answered this question as best as he could. Joining after the rockslide and during Pump's rise to leader he hadn't met the alpha. Gavriil understood the female's curiosity about his disappearance. 

"Not to be mean but do you seek a home here, at the ridge?" Gavriil inquired politely. He would gladly take the female to meet Pump and discuss the possibility of her joining. If necessary taking the female on a hunt and feeding her before for lack of a better term 'throwing her to the wolves'. He didn't mean to sound rude by assume the wolf couldn't take care of herself, but he meant it as a simple question.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Her lips turned to a small frown at feeling surprised that it had been a whole month. She then realized that it had been quite a time since she had seen him last. Now, there was a distinct chance that would be the final time she ever would.. not unless, by some unlikely turn of events, he was still in the general region. Well, I thank you for telling me what you know, she exhaled.

Yet after a second of inner angst over the news, she filed it away accordingly. It was much like Ariston, another wolf she had been vaguely fond of in her way of acquaintances. She was glad now that she had never had a chance to grow too attached to either of their presences.

Not necessarily, she replied. Or at this exact moment. I have more travels inland to do, though I have had an interest in the Ridge for a time, she said and creased her expression. Speaking with Akhlut and finding his alphaship steadied and strong could have persuaded her into joining up but instead she was met with news of his absence. Not to say she doubted Pump entirely, but it was another case much like Akhlut; she was a green leader, to Ame's understanding. Time would have to tell and she would need more one on one time with Pump to know for sure. Still, Ame appreciated this wolf's information. Even with the change in leadership, I hope that the pack fares well, she mentioned, unsure if he would reply with a clarification one way or another. I just do not know if my place is among your lot yet, Ame added cryptically.

140 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Gavriil understood the she wolf's words. Some forms of leadership didn't fit along with certain ideas that the female might hold. Maybe in Akhlut's time he had held similar values as the wolf, but sadly that time had past. Now Pump was in charge and for all Gavriil knew she could hold come pelt opposite values as the alpha before her. With a nod of his head he acknowledged the wolf's answer.

The bear of a wolf didn't happen to catch the female's name. He was genuinely curious about it. With a smile on his face he questioned the female further. "What is your name? I am Gavriil. Sorry to spray questions at you but do you need food? I can hunt with you if necessary." He inquired softly trying to help the female before him as best as he could.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Time would have to tell. Always, there would be a place in the back of her mind for the Ridge, even if she never did join them. On top of that, knowing that Pump led the pack would warrant a return visit regardless of what path her life took; Ame had been vaguely curious of the fluffy dark wolf, so seeing her again would not hurt her any.

I go by Ame, she supplied in response and noted his name in return. You are generous, but I am fine. Hunt for your fellows instead, she answered and gestured her nose into the Ridge. She was fine enough even if the truth may not have been the most whole. Lean, and not exactly at her ideal either, she understood it came with the lifestyle. After all, she did not intend to take up much of his time and effort. Mm, in any case, perhaps give Pump my regards? Congratulations on her leadership and the pack, as well.. Ame dipped her muzzle. I will likely visit again in time to come, but as I said, I have.. travels.. The loner gestured vaguely inland. Thus why she say it fit to at least pass along that much to Pump now, but soon she would be on her way to mull over what she had learned here.

140 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Gavriil nodded at the female as she spoke her name. It was one he had never heard before, but that was common in this land. Wolves from all around seemed to end up here. "It's a pleasure to meet you." Gavriil spoke softy understanding her rejection to his offer. Some wolves liked to be on their own, and that was understandable.

"I will gladly pass on your regards. I'm sure she will be glad to hear from you." The male spoke proudly. He hoped the female would return someday and join their ranks, another healthy wolf was a blessing. But maybe her place wasn't in the ridge, maybe it was somewhere else. Who knows but the ebony female.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

He did not press her unnecessarily and let it pass, then returned to her the courtesies. She nodded. Likewise, Ame answered, for it was no lie; he seemed to be a good wolf, even just from this short meeting. If not Akhlut, he was not a bad face to have representing the Ridge here.

I thank you, the dark-furred loner said with a dip of her nose. Although her message was not massively important, she took solace in believing that he would sent it Pump's way. He seemed genuine in his words. I will be on my way now, then.. farewell, were her parting words as she turned, gave Gavriil one last nod, then loped off to consider her next move's details.