Moonspear new wolf in pack
15 Posts
Ooc — kate
Joining 
mistywind walks through the trees and comes to a halt when she smells the scent of wolf. "what on earth? this must be a border. maybe i should wait for somebody." she paces up and down the border for about five minutes. "damn i'm starving maybe i should get some food" mistywind turned away from the border and went hunting. she caught a rabbit and brought it back.

it was getting dark. mistywind found a hollow tree and lay down for the night. morning came soon and mistywind dragged herself out of the tree. she was hoping somebody would come.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She had busily tracked bear all night, and when dawn broke, she found her trails growing cold. In her frustration, she headed for the borderland to make a lap before retiring to nap away the afternoon hours knowing that Charon and the others would be more active about then. Amekaze had expected it to be simply routine, as it had been lately, but the scent of a stranger drew her focus away. She tracked it until she came upon the wolf -- a stranger dressed in white.

Amekaze postured confidently to make her status here clear, although anyone with a nose would know her scent was very prevalent here. She strode up to meet the female with a questioning stare, expecting her to explain her purpose here soon: just a visitor? a scout? someone homeless? There were many possibilities.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
15 Posts
Ooc — kate
"hello you must be the alpha of the pack" she stands tall showing no fear. mistywind was hoping to go in. she took a step forward signaling if she can join. "please" she sat down waiting for her answer.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
A greeting came swiftly. Amekaze's ears stood tall while her expression remained tall. Winter's chill was prevalent and she was feeling protective because of it and the rest of the season ahead of her; the pack needed to be strong, but well enforced all the same. The wolf seemed ready to get this going, but Ame was far more curious. Her tail raised up a bit taller, testing to see if the white stranger would react. She was not one to outright demand a show of respect, because her gestures were more subtle and took a sharper eye to respond to, but it was still important if she was going to be granting any favors of entrance onto her mountain. "I am. What is your name?" she asked coolly, not yet mentioning Charon since it did not seem relevant quite yet, nor was she ever one to give out too much information for free.
15 Posts
Ooc — kate
"my name is mistywind but misty for short" she calmed down and drooped her tail. "i'm sorry if i didn't give you enough respect as i can see not in a rude way" misty stood back up and took a step back. " my goal in life is to join a pack and help it survive and be the strongest pack in the  great bear wilderness. i mean you have the job of doing that but i would like to help as much as i can" misty stands upright again. and raises her tail higher to prove she means it.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
It was natural for her to be scrutinizing. Her pack was her most valuable of achievements and within it resided the few wolves she cared about the most. But, the stranger -- who she now knew as Mistywind -- spoke and explained. Ame nodded slowly. She seemed eager to work for the greater good. "I see," she breathed, beginning to piece together her next question. Her stare was a little less sharp the more familiar with the female she became, but she still hoped she was able to mind her manners -- especially since she doubted Charon would be all too lenient on it remembering what he had said about Nishu. "What do you consider your strengths to be? Are you more of a hunter, or a warrior type? Or otherwise?" They had a dedicated healer now in the form of Thistle Cloud.. even if Ame was not clear where she personally stood with the former alpha of the Bay, but she was here at least should the wolves need her. Ame was interested in knowing what types of skills new recruits had, for luck and eagerness alone were only good for so much. But, so far, Misty was compliant and seemed like the sort who could fit any kind of mold they'd set out for her..
15 Posts
Ooc — kate
"im more of the warrior type" she looked at a branch on a tree above her head. mistywind leaped high into the air an kicked it. the branch broke off. it wasn't very thick but it was still hard to break. "does that prove it?" mistywind lands on all fours. "its getting dark i actually don't know where to stay" she looked away in embarrassment. she was eager to join and shook of the embarrassment and confirmed the anwser.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She watched, bemused as she proved her athleticism in a surprising way. A small smirk tugged at her lips. Interesting, and noted. "A bit. Perhaps we should spar sometime. I am a warrior of the pack as well. I consider them quite valuable myself.." and while it went unsaid, she was looking for courageous wolves to rally against their bear problem in the days to come.

"This is Moonspear, I am Ame. My fellow alpha is a white male with gray speckles named Charon." He proved for an interesting counterbalance to her in many ways. "Here, respect, loyalty, and strength are important. With winter upon us, only wolves who can contribute can find a home on these slopes. So long as you can prove yourself worthy, you are welcome here." She watched to see how this would be taken before the welcome was official. While this interview was only the beginning, much weighed on the days that would follow and how she would settle among the wolves. Misty would have to prove herself is she wished to stay and gain rank here to help achieve her goals.
15 Posts
Ooc — kate
" i will serve your pack until death " she interested to hear more about this pack and she wanted to spend her life here.  " i have heard of charon" she paced up and down for a  bit. " i will be a great asset to your pack amekaze it shall become the greatest pack of them all"
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Until death. A steep commitment that had her nodding slowly. She spoke highly of herself and seemed awfully eager to please. Ame, ever the skeptic, hoped she'd back it up in time. "Ah, really? What else do you know about the pack already..?" she asked alongside a curious cant of her head. If Misty had heard of Charon, perhaps other word had spread somehow.

With that, she gestured with her muzzle for Misty to join her then turned on her heels and glided into a smooth, fast walk. She guided them on a path that angled just a little ways into the territory. With their band of forests nearby, there would be places for her to settle in and rest up there, so Amekaze didn't see the need to lead her deep into their heart before she was well-acquainted with the territory. "Have you lived on a mountain before? Do you come from far away?" she asked, trying to peer deeper into the past that had led Misty to here and now.
15 Posts
Ooc — kate
" i come from very far away amekaze. i may sound like its all about me but its not its about family and the wolves we care for. i just heard about Charon from some birds. about how they saw him hunting" as she paced beside amekaze. she was exited about the alpha excepting her and giving her a chance. but a little scared. what if a group of wolves found her. mistywind's ears drooped. "thank you amekaze"
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She listened, deciding that hearing of him from birds was reasonable enough. He did have noteworthy markings and she could think of few wolves who matched his appearance, especially with his very distinct scars. She was thankful she could fly under the radar with her black coat and average build. It wasn't until someone was up close to her could they really tell her apart, or so she believed. She did prefer a stealthier approach to her life.

"Ah," she nodded, glancing to Misty sidelong as she moved along a little faster. The forested line loomed ahead. "You are welcome. These woods.. just up ahead have several thickets in them you can rest up for the night in. You can explore the mountain better come daybreak, and caches are around if you need. But.. so far, the hunting has been decent here." It only further proved to her that moving to this mountain was the right choice.
15 Posts
Ooc — kate
"thanks its appreciated" mistywind settled down to rest. "am i allowed to hunt here? cause i'm really hungry" she rolled around trying to get used to the grass. "is it possible for me to hide my scent other wolves would probably attack of they found a stranger camping in their territory"
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
"Hunt as you please," she said with a nod. This was to be her new home, after all, so Amekaze did want her to settle in and hunting was just a part of that. "Your scent will become more familiar the longer you are here, so I do not think you will have any trouble." They had accepted a handful of newcomers and she'd never heard word of them encountering trouble. Her wolves were a sensible lot and they would probably be able to smell her, their alpha, on the newest joiner after all. " But, if anyone does act aggressive, tell them I accepted you recently. If they do not back down then.. well, howl.. and I will see to it," she said, for it would be zero tolerance so long as Misty was not out of line and was just being harassed for being new. She would be low in the ranks for the beginning, and she did not smell like the rest of them quite yet, but Ame knew this would change with time and her involvement in the pack (and its lands).
15 Posts
Ooc — kate
"well then i'm relived amekaze." she went out of her spot to go hunting. mistywind caught a few rabbits and brought them back. she curled up to rest from her long journey here. mistywind was hoping she could take down a bear. how she'll be accepted in the pack. then she got an idea.  i can take on a bear. right?  " amekaze i'm going out for a bit."  if i track down a bear and take it on then after using my strength and power then lead it out of the territory.  mistywind opened her mouth to find the scent. she spotted something. mistywind ran following the scent trail. there it was right in front of her the bear and it was alone. "hey bear!" it turned around and took a swipe. the bears claws skimmed her ears as she ducked. mistywind leaped onto its back. the bear went on to its hind legs and shook mistywind off. she growled at the bear and attacked it strait on. the bear hit her side and knocked mistywind to the ground.

she stood up and swerved around the bear and clamped down onto its side causing it to wail. mistywind then sprinted with the bear behind her to the border. mistywind and the bear crossed. she kept on going pushing her self. mistywind could no longer smell the border. then she hid and pushed a rock to drive the bear away from her then she quietly ran back inside the border to her staying place. "um amekaze? can i talk to you? well"  mistywind looked away thinking up ways how to tell her about the bear. " well i went out and followed a bear scent and i found the bear and i took it on and chased it out of the territory"
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
we can probably archive this after another post or two now that she's all officially ranked and such~
It seemed to all sit well with Misty, so Amekaze was prepared to go on her own way a while, especially after the newcomer informed her she was heading out. That left the dark alpha to her own devices for a little while, and she toiled away the minutes hunting for herself -- to mixed success. Since she wasn't overly hungry, she restocked a nearby cache that looked a little low, and when she was working to bury and conceal the area, the pale wolf returned. Amekaze lifted her head, and soon canted it curiously when she scented what she did on Misty.

Ame's ears fell back as she listened to the unexpected story that followed. She was not sure what to say, at first.. and while she was glad to know a bear had been run off, she wondered how she had done it solo without incident. Maybe Misty would be a necessary part of their bear-removal plans. Ame had plans in mind already, but she'd need time on her own to sort them out. "Impressive," she chuffed, sincere, but still concerned in the way she was when it came to the bears. "We have recently become aware of our mountain's bear issue. There are at least two here.. so.. beware the second," she warned. "And hope that one does not return.."

She shifted her weight, deciding that she wished to track the scents for herself to make sure it would stay gone. Plus, passing on words of this all to Charon seemed wise. "If you need anything, find me. If not, feel free to settle in. I am.. going to see if I can find Charon, and.." The mention of the bear did have her distracted suddenly. She intended to go track the other one, if she could find a good trail. ".. finish my patrols.. so, welcome, and, farewell for now," she said, then turned on her heels to set off deeper into the territory.