Moonspear Two problems with One Stone?
The moon wears silver armor that shines brightly through the darkness.
283 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
All Welcome 
Nishu plan felt like it would be simple but he needed to make sure to eliminate as much risk as possible. There was only one wolf that could insure that, @Amekaze. There was a lot to discuss and now was the best time to do so before winter added coats of heat to the situation. Everything is bound to get worse before getting better. Nishu believed it was time to take action before the harsh winter completely settled.

Instead of calling, he put his tracking skills to use which isn't as good as one would imagine. He searched for Amekaze in hopes of finding her very soon. It would also be best if she was alone, That way his little plan to test Charon and take care of the bears could be kept secret.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She was alone, but on the move. Mild days made it easy even on a mountainside like this one, and she kept busy accordingly. Between newcomers, tracking prey (her most recent preoccupation), and the bears, it only felt right to be in motion. Eventually, this worked up a thirst so she came to a small creekside for a long drink. It was there that she noticed she was no longer alone.

Nishu. She turned towards the sound of him, tail lifted and eyes sharp with a small chuff of a greeting to go with it. The bear situation had weighed heavy on her mind. None of it had left her with a good attitude in the aftermath but she was trying to look forward to what they could do next, instead of dwelling on what had been a mess. Plus, her most recent conversation with Charon lingered somewhere along with it all too.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
283 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
He figured she went this way, then that way, then maybe this way. It was no surprise that he felt like he was having a little trouble finding Amekaze. This always happend when he searched for someone. He always took more time than usually and often finds someone else instead. But today seemed to be a little special. He found her or perhaps she found him first since she was the first to notice him. Before starting he looked around to see if anyone else was here. Seemed clear.

Then he bowed in greetings for a moment. "Amekaze there are a few matters I would like to discuss, if you have time." Out of all he could choose to talk about he believed the most important would be about Charon. Nishu has been wanting to know why Charon has the Alpha position. "First, I would like to ask why Charon has the responsibility of an Alpha. Isn't he too young and inexperienced? I believe he is not fully prepared and because of that, there are good chances of him making a regrettable decision that could cost the lives of others." This was his opinion, He didn't know anything about Charon's past but for Nishu it was easy to see that the young male wasn't fit for the job yet.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
posting via mobile at work, so excuse wonky errors I miss thanks to autocorrect :P
He was quick to business and that she appreciated. Unsurprisingly, Charon was at topic here and this was about what she expected to hear after already knowing of it from Charon's side. They had their qualms with each other, and it was clear. 

"I know he is young and inexperienced, but never had he given me a reason to not trust in him. He is who the Bay wolves had decided to follow to here when none of the rest saw fit to rise to the cause," and it went without saying that without them, the Spire would have dwindled into nothingness. "And he is ambitious enough to learn.. plus, as a counterpart to myself, it is not like it all falls onto him." He wasn't entirely new to leading necessarily but there was a large difference between alpha and beta. Not that she spoke from personal experience. She had jumped straight to alpha and had been one for over a year now. They all had to start somewhere. 

But now with that said, she wanted more details. Nishu seemed to doubt his decision-making skills. Or maybe there was more to it. "You two have taken issue with one another, yes? Charon seems to find you disrespectful towards him," she tilted her head, just curious to hear his side of it before getting deeper into her own opinions. Although it was beginning to make sense. Nishu didn't see him as an alpha yet, presumably, and acted accordingly, which had probably irritated Charon.
283 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
He started to understand the reason. From the what Ame was saying, Charon become an Alpha because no one else would take the place. It sounded similar to the situation of a Alpha that died too early. Which means the one who replaced him likely never finished training. If this was the first thing he learned about Charon then he would have been able to tolerate the fact he had the position. But first impressions had ruined that possibility. Nishu believed that wolves must be born with the ability to handle the job. Charon had made too many mistakes on the first encounter that Nishu is willing to stand against any decision he makes.

Nishu had no care for the disrespect he might have shown to Charon, All Nishu wanted was to put things in the right place so it would prevent 'accidents'. "I wouldn't trust the inexperience within someone. If I had been an enemy he wouldn't be alive right now. He was alerting everyone of his position by yelling in caves so I decided to test him by ambushing him. Instead of engaging in battle or at least give a warning he decided to just give the order to stand down. No real Alpha would be alerting the surroundings without being ready for a fight and much less giving orders to someone who was ambushing him."

He could give more reason as why Charon is not fit for the job but he was sure to have made his point. "He is better off standing down from the Alpha rank until he is fully prepared. From what I understand his position should be temporary. If he wants to be a real Alpha then he must be trained for it."

Amekaze likely knows much more about Charon than Nishu but nothing she would say could convince him that Charon should stay as Alpha, unless.. "But. If you believe he is ready then all he needs to do is prove it. With the current situation around here we could easily put all his Alpha abilities to the test. If he can take out one of the bears with a team without anyone getting injured then I will support the idea of him being an Alpha." Sure it was risky but if it worked it would solve all the problems at once.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She knew how it looked -- how it seemed, and maybe, in a way, how it was at times. Charon was unproven and largely untested. He was young too.. which was good and bad simultaneously. Far younger than any leader she was used to (she'd felt "too young" when she'd risen and she had already been two at the time), and sometimes she did forget just exactly how young he really was. He seemed to pull it together well for her, and she liked that.

She didn't think he had been beta for long, either.. but he had risen when the times mattered for them. The Bay had been spiraling towards a similar fate as the Spire, but it was Charon's motivations that kept it from happening. They were better for it and for that, she wanted to see him succeed in his aspirations.

However. She knew there was not a good way for her to verbalize this to her pack mates. He would still need to prove his worth to them, just as they would need to do the same to him in a different way.

Nishu's explanation had her ears slicked back. She sighed softly. He then suggested him standing down from it.. which didn't bode well with her as suggested by the thoughtful narrowing of her eyes. Training for it was one thing. Learning as one went was another. She thought to voice this in some way, for she believed it was how she learned. But no, she remembered. Her parents, each a self-made alpha of different rights, had been far more subtle. They'd instilled into her hints that had helped her grow as an alpha when the role had become hers. So it had been both for her. She.. was listening, though, and curious of this all.

"I will not deny there is room for growth. He has much to learn, as does any alpha in the beginning." And she believed he could do it on his feet. The Bay wolves had faith in him, and from what she could tell, he seemed to do decently enough among the opinions of the new recruits. Her Sunspire wolves were probably bound to be the most difficult to please, though.. "Ah, without any injuries?" she quipped back, arching a brow. It was asking a lot, even for a seasoned alpha or one well-versed in battle tactics. "And you really think this will prove him to you?" And what happened if it did not work? 

She was interested in anything that meant for dead bears. While loathe to admit this, she'd even been ready to accept the possibilities of a few (hopefully minor) injuries here and there if it meant getting them off her mountain and out of her thoughts. Ideally, though, there would be no need. It wasn't impossible for them to escape unscathed..
283 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
It appeared Amekaze wasn't going to instantly reject the idea of using the bears to test Charon. She was listening which proved to him that he continues to be right in trusting Ame as an Alpha. He could only hope Charon would follow her example before he tried leading. "I had to train to become a Knight until I was the age of three. I couldn't take on a mission until that was done. Training allowed me to see where my talents are. It allowed me to see what I was best suited for." Even if he had a few doubts here and there about being a Knight he was still sure that combat and tactics are his strongest points.

"If Charon manages to pull off leading a team to take a bear down then I'll be forced to accept that he has the talent for the job. Small cuts and bruises can be tolerated, just as long as no one gets badly injured. Testing him is not just for me but for all members who may have doubts about him."

Talent and hard work was different. Hard work is similar to training but it takes a lot of time while talent is just something one is born with. They are both good alone but each remained flawed. The only solution to it is to put them together which would perfect the ability. "No matter what the results I believe he needs someone to train him or at least guide him. In case he fails he should step down until he is truly ready or else the job is simply not for him."
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Unsurprisingly, aspects of the knight's training were his go-to for comparisons. It wasn't unreasonable either. She had been only a handful of months away from three years when she'd begun to lead, and even there in the beginning she had felt decidedly "too young" for the duty. But, three was a decent age, and she could at least speak from experience as she closed in on the beginning of her fourth year now. A three-year-old endeavoring into leadership was far different from a yearling. But, she still stood by it. Not all situations allowed for three years worth of training beforehand. This one would require much more learning on his feet.

In truth, she was most interested in anything that meant the bears were gone. If this effectively achieved this and put to rest concerns surrounding Charon (however much of it there truly was), then so be it. Her hope was that, if done, it would be the cure-all to this and she'd not have to mediate further discussions on the matter from either side -- unless someone else absolutely proved more fit for alpha than her or Charon.

But, issues noted. She couldn't guarantee she'd feel it necessary to yank his status from him should injury occur. It'd be.. far more circumstantial than that for her but she nodded a slow, thoughtful understanding. "I just want them gone. If it settles concerns too, then all the better," she said stiffly. She was more concerned about the pack's ability to go come together effectively than simply Charon's skills in guiding them to victory. A lot would bank on him, true, but they were so inexperienced alongside one another that it worried her. Ideally, they both had room for improvement. Not that she was perfection's incarnate either.

"He will have his guidance," she sighed, supposing it would fall onto her to tighten the slack when necessary. It had been her intention to do so as needed, but she wasn't in the business of chiding general misbehavior when there were far more better things to spend her energy on.
283 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
It wasn't hundred percent sure but from the looks of it Amekaze seems to be more favorable towards Nishu's plan. If that was the case then that meant he could proceed in bringing everything together. It would take time but that would be necessary in order to prevent major accidents. To make sure everything goes smooth he would need Amekaze to lead the others to where they are needed and then let Charon take care of the rest, If he can.

"First step would be to gather other members and set them up at an ambush location. I plan on bringing one of the bears to them by making it angry and having it chase me. Once the bear reaches the group it will be up to Charon to lead the others against it. Once that bear is out of the way the other shouldn't be much of a problem." Nishu had already thought this through. To him the plan would appear fool proof, nothing could possibly go wrong.

Although Nishu was capable of leading others it felt that Amekaze should be the one to gather everyone, They would listen better. "I ask that you be the one to rally everyone, then allow Charon to take command for the attack when the time comes. Be sure to let everyone know that Charon will lead. It's much for effective for everyone to follow one leader. That should at least avoid most confusions compared to last time."

"Are you willing to follow this plan?" He asked before continuing into more details. The pack can quickly overwhelm one bear but if both bears showed up things would likely turn for the worst. For now he kept quiet about it but if the other bear followed up, Nishu counted on stopping it alone long enough for the others take out the other. The chances were small as he planed on waking one while both bears were sleeping but he always felt like he needed to be prepared for the worst case.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
He outlined a plan with solid detail and, honestly, some measure of plausibility. She furrowed her expression and took it in. Already, he'd visited it to this length. Her plans with Charon were only a backbone so far and she had been looking to expand upon it. But, she knew not to have too rigid of an idea. A lot could change in a situation so unknown as engaging a predator. The best of plans would be one that could adapt as needed.

She nodded and huffed thoughtfully. She did want Charon to lead this.. and to bring the pack to victory against their invader, but risks (a slew of them) loomed somewhere in the back of her mind. She'd do what she could to make this happen, though. She nodded a little firmer then. "As well as we can," she said and narrowed her eyes towards the horizon. "Any ambush locations in mind, generally speaking?" she asked, but was ready to get moving forward in one way or another already. Her plans had involved using the mountain to their advantage, if they were able, so she was curious how that could possibly play into it.
283 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
The bears' exact location was still unknown. He had the general idea of where they are but being unsure could lead to making mistakes. It wasn't possible to pick a sure ambush location but the area they would want to be set in could be decided. "I have yet to discover their hideout but it can't be far from the mountains. There isn't an exact ambush location picked out but a rough zone on the mountain sounds like the best place to ambush them. Making them fall down a slope would surely injure them, which would make it easier to finish them off." He said, giving the last of what he thought through.

Nishu had shared all of his plan. All that was really left to do was execute it. There were certainly minor details to worry about like, were the other members ready for something like this? One wrong step could be the end in the mountains. Living in the mountains came with that risk. Still, Nishu would find it hard to believe things could go very wrong against one bear. Surely Charon could manage without having anyone get injured.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Nothing was set in stone yet, and in a certain way, she was able to take solace in what they had put together so far. They would do what they had to and their plans were well enough in the works that she was alright with their progress. It was only sure to deepen the more they understood, or the more opportunities they got to do what they needed to do.

She listened, nodding slowly and trying to think of cliffs and slopes that she knew of that would work for this all. "I think that would be best, if we could manage it. There is a small meadow near the higher elevations that I suspect at least one of them passes through regularly.. and I wonder if they are looking to hibernate somewhere near," she shared, as it was one of her theories so far but was not yet grounded in any real evidence. Maybe, if it panned out to be anything true, it could play into a place to put the plan to work. But, there was still more to do in the meantime. 

"Let me know if you find anything of note," she said, beginning to get ready to take her leave, unless Nishu had more for her. She was feeling the itch to get into motion and would probably head for the nearest trail she could find with all this talk of bears on her mind now. Amekaze would need time alone to digest this, think it through in full, and then put it to work.
283 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
It was good that Amekaze was on the same page as him. The main plan was set, all that was needed now was more information on the bears. Before trying anything it was best to keep everyone up to date on the bears activity. They aren't doing much during the winter which makes it difficult to find them. All he could do now was patrol and hope to stumble onto them and then report to the Alpha.

"I'll keep you updated as soon as something comes up." He said before getting ready to go on patrol. "Hopefully we will find them soon so until next time, take care."

Maybe he should go visit Rain before going around the territory again. He did want to make sure the bears stayed away from her location so the best place to start was near her position.

Until next time for sure ;)