Moonspear Joining
34 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Joining 
Alaska stayed outside the borders of the packs territory, looking down at the snow, wondering how much longer it will be until this patch is covered my a whole new one. She wasn't impatient, and had no clue when another wolf would come across her. So, she laid down in the snow, practically being concealed with her fur and size being so small. Her nose and eyes stuck out though. She howled once, and would again in about an hour, alerting any wolves close by that she was looking for communication. It shouldn't be long for another wolf to see her, in the pack that is. Someone should be patrolling the border, or else it would be much too easy to sneak into their territory. 

In fact, right now, she could sneak in. But she would never do that, it's disrespectful and wrong. Along with how it could be punished with death or some sort of fight. Alaska was in no condition to fight, with her small frame and size. Her only out would be to run, which she could definitely do and get away, but assuming is never good. Besides, that would just cause a large amount of trouble that could easily be avoided by waiting. 

Waiting wasn't an issue for Alaska, with her thoughts wondering constantly. She could just entertain herself.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She's been diligent upon the borders after having run down that coyote with her fellow leaders. Speaking of which, she stared woefully down her muzzle and fought back the urge to itch her healing scabs there from that very encounter. Amekaze shook her head and picked up her pace, effectively pressing her patrol forward. She didn't want more of the mangy beasts hanging around and leeching off her mountain.

Instead she was met with a howl first and eventually, her path came to a small white female. Amekaze tuned her senses onto her and approached confidently, for by leaps and bounds, she was far more interesting than anything else she'd seen on her rounds today already. The dark alpha was eager to find out more. "You called?" she asked, lurking to stop not far from the pale-coated stranger.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
34 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Alaska lifted her head from her front paws, and tilted to her to the side upon greeting the dark wolf. Her yellow eyes met with the she-wolfs own dark green orbs. Her thoughts instantly went to how pretty she thought they were. It took seconds for her to remember she was asked a question, and broke the pause. I did. She confirmed, moving from her relaxed position to a more respectful one. I was hoping to join your pack. The white wolf explained.

She noticed the scar on the other wolf's chest, and wondered what had happened. Alaska had managed to stay out of trouble causing such wounds most of her life, except once with the encounter of a bear, which left a scar on her stomach which wasn't visible in plain sight. Perhaps this wolf was also attacked by a bear.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Amekaze studied her, unabashed in the scrutinizing squint of her eyes as she watched the pale female respond. She made straight for the point in many regards, which just may keep this encounter streamlined. "Do you know much about the pack already?" she asked. Odds were good she didn't, which was just fine, or maybe she had gathered facts through some grapevine. Amekaze only wondered if there was some previous thought put into this decision to join them, hence the female's conciseness.

By just a bit, her stare was less narrowed as she decided to keep her questions condensed. "What can you do?" she asked, standard procedure for potential new wolves. Just so she could know. Her pack was already varied with several niches occupied, but as Wildfire had pointed out not that long ago -- they were a bit biased towards males, and Amekaze was interested in sharp, capable females.
34 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
I don't know much about the pack to be honest, but I'd be willing to learn. Alaska explained, shaking snow off herself and looking up at the dark wolf. She hoped that wouldn't have been a large setback in the pack. Once focusing on the second question, she wouldn't be surprised if her size made the she-wolf question her abilities, which was completely understandable. Sometimes she questioned them herself. 

I am a well-trained hunter, and I also tamper in medical. I've had a lot of experience healing others. Hopefully they didn't have many in medicine in their pack. If they did, she could still be useful in other ways.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She realized in the next breath that she probably would have been suspicious if she did know a lot about the pack. While not a necessarily secretive presence on the mountain by any means, she really didn't try to spread word of the pack. She just didn't need to. "This is Moonspear," she introduced, muzzle gesturing to the mountainous expanse around. "I am Ame," she said. Since she was not one for lengthy introductions, that got the job done. The rest didn't need to be said out loud. 

But, she listened. Well-trained caught her ear and hunters could certainly always benefit them. Their caches were holding steady so far because the mountain continued to provide, even after the longest days of winter. She could afford to pad her ranks with more hunters at this point.

Plus, the mention of medical knowledge was another check in her favor. While Thistle had impressive stocks and a good share of experience, from her understanding, this was one of the more elusive traits in wolves looking to join. Amekaze nodded. "Interesting. Where do you come from before here?" she asked, possibly getting at whether or not she had a prior pack or a hint as to where she had come from, geographically speaking. Was she familiar with mountains? Or deep forests? Open tundra?  This question was a little less business than the one prior since now, she was mainly curious.
34 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Alaska took in her name, Ame. She wondered what the meaning behind it was, or if there even was one. I'm Alaska. She said, focusing on the mountains she had gestured too. She, too, was one for short introductions, no reason to be too formal about it.

Moonspear. What an interesting name, but very fitting. At least for how large the moon was at this specific area. I used to live in Canada with my parents, who traveled across snow covered and similar terrain, until I left them  to be on my own for another year, coming across plenty of environments. She tried to put as many benefiting facts into her answer, believing she would consider them to be an advantage, as in already knowing the mountain terrain, and tundra habitat fairly well.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Alaska, noted, and Amekaze listened on. Deeming that reasonable enough, she liked that she was a bit traveled and had survived on her own -- a sure testament of ability, and Amekaze knew this personally. She'd done it herself before settling with a pack. So with all this in mind, the dark alpha decided she would accept her. She felt she could be an asset to them. Of course, the real proof of this being a good decision would come later.

"Alright," she nodded. "You may join us." Amekaze watched her and changed her own posture just subtly. No longer was she just some random loner to her. "Do you have any questions?" she offered before her final summary. From here, it would be up to Alaska to integrate as she pleased.
34 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Alaska nodded, thanking the dark wolf for accepting her into the pack. She thought for a moment. Searching her brain for anything she aspired so ask, and that one question from before popped back into her mind. It's a generally irrelevant question, but how did you earn that scar? She asked, tilted her head to the side with curiosity. 

She hoped it wasn't a sensitive subject to Ame, and start off with a bad impression, but curiosity often got the best of her in situations like these, when a question is staring her right in the face and she has the opportunity to answer it.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
This had gone smoothly. Almost impressively so. Ame liked to keep border meetings brief, so long as the wolf in question gave her enough to work with. She did prefer to let them prove themselves to her, instead of only telling her, so she'd be watching in the days to follow. Some wolves settled in better than others.

And indeed, the snow-coated newcomer's question was a little out of left field, but Amekaze received it smoothly. She glanced downward out of reflex since not many ever asked her this. She'd had the scar since before arriving in the Teekon. "From my sister, who challenged for my rank in the homeland with excessive violence, so.." she gestured vaguely as if to imply "she got it worse", which was.. not a lie. Ame was not too generous with the details for now though, not unless the questions asked for it specifically.

Then, she stepped aside and swung her muzzle to formally grant her entry into the territory. "Settle in as you need. Charon is the other Alpha here, and Floki the Beta. You will probably run into them," sooner or later, that was. She almost thought to mention Wildfire, who was likely another wolf she'd meet if she spent any length of time on and around the mountain. Nevertheless, she would let Alaska learn the details of it herself. The scents spoke well of who was prevalent here.
34 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Alaska trotted into the territory, wondering how the fight went down. Obviously, Ame won. Once entering the border she felt as though she was accepted, and she was fond of this new feeling. She was already curious as to what the other alpha and Beta were like, hopefully just as pleasant Ame was. 

What did they look like? She wondered, but the she-wolf did mention they would likely find her, which she looked forward too. Once walking a bit ahead of the alpha, she turned and nodded towards her in thanks for such a satisfying conversation. She would have to work her best for the pack, especially to prove herself to Ame and the other members.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Ame watched her make her first steps into the territory, officially as one of theirs. She wondered how the following days may go for her, whether or not she'd make a steady transition into pack life or not. There would be a lot for her to take in, both by learning the new territory and the individuals living in it. Amekaze would let her settle in at her pace, though, and see what came of it in a handful of days.

Since she had no further questions, she would begin to take her leave. "Howl if you need anything," she offered in way of parting words as she turned and began to head off. She wanted to round out the last half of a patrol before heading for higher ground herself. But, Alaska was encouraged to do her own thing. Ame would be listening..
34 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Alaska was comforted by her statement, and nodded in response. "I'll keep it in mind," she proclaimed before walking off. She knew this wasn't the end of her observation, Ame would probably keep a close eye on her, which was understandable. Couldn't just let someone disrupt the pack all because they got the go-to on the first try.