Moonspear Sound Out
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Jace slid into the pack lands and looked around, his ice blue eyes taking in everything. Had it really only been 2 and a half weeks since he had departed. It felt like longer. He was a bit disappointed that he had met no one on his forays into the outer lands. He also had not found what he was looking for. He sighed, truthfully he wasn't even sure if he ever would. Licking his chops he stuck his nose to the ground, searching among the scents to see if there were any new among them. He thought about searching out @Amekaze, but he thought perhaps if she really wanted to see him, she could smell him.

He shook his head at that guilty thought and blew air out of his nose in disgust at himself. When had he become even more antisocial than he had been. There had always been that element, but he was almost a hermit. He laughed at himself imaging himself along some distant sea shore with seaweed and brine tied up in his fur, and shells adorning the hard spots. And he would spout nonsense to those that came to near. He shook his head and tail up and head up he entered his home. He'd do some hunting in a little while, for now he just wanted to traverse around.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She spent most of her time on the borderlands these days, so once Jace crossed back over them, she was relatively quick to find out about it. Now knowing this, she wrapped up the last of her patrol and called it as done as it was going to get for now. She'd revisit later but most likely, Floki or Charon would be by before then anyway. Ame would much rather catch up with Jace and hoped his travels had been worthwhile in one way or another.

Ame had missed him, of course, but had stayed busy during his time away. So, really, it hadn't seemed like that long since he'd left in the first place. Then again, she'd never known when to expect his return. Thankfully the winter had been relatively mild, so she didn't worry about severely adverse conditions sending him back to the mountain prematurely.

She jogged down his trail, and once she caught up to him, she chuffed a welcome, as was customary, and nudged her cheek against his flank in greeting.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace was not surprised when Ame found him, but he  offered her is customary endearing grin and wagged his tail. He returned her nudge and brushed her chin gently. It's good to see you Ame. He grew quiet and sniffed at the ground again. He wasn't sure how to bring the conversation around to his travels or even his absence, and it was clear to him that there hadn't been too much of a diminishing factor in the ranks. Perhaps he hadn't needed to come back.

He shook his head dispelling such thoughts and focused on the she wolf in front of him. Anything new happen while I was away? I don't have any new scars, see He grinned cheekily and moved about in a circle showing her his pelt, and the entourage of old scars, but nothing new. I am still as ruggedly handsome as ever. He teased gently, but he couldn't keep his laughter from ringing out. He did not mean it truly, truth be told he did not think he was all that handsome.
[/quote]
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
idk when the bear thread sits in my timeline and idk what all will happen there so i'm just gonna ignore it for now lol
With gestures exchanged, she stayed in close to him, but just back enough so she may read his expressions best. "Mhm, likewise," she replied, noticing that he seemed to be in decent-enough spirits. Naturally, she was looking for any subtle hints about his travels. At least they hadn't returned him worse off than when he had left.

When he commented on no new scars, her lips curved into a slow smirk. He certainly wasn't wrong, and his laughter eased her.

Then she shook her head softly after his question. "Nothing particularly eventful.. a new female named Alaska joined, and.. ah, Charon, Floki, and I offed a mangy coyote I caught hunting on the borders. But, otherwise very quiet.." she explained. Her scrapes from that encounter were healing since they were not very deep or even all that concerning, but she was being very vigilant about cleaning them considering how rotten that coyote's jaws had smelled. She'd take no chances with that. "How was your trip?" she asked and tilted her head curiously.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace waited while she perused his form and studied his face. Taking his subtle body language. He smiled at her and waited. When her slow smirk took up precedence on her face, he couldn't help the small chuckle that rattled his body. He perked his ears forward while she spoke herself. He wanted to make sure there were no threats, and if so he would deal with them as always.

He growled softly, I really don't like coyotes. I dispatched a few before, but not here and not recently. Her question caught him off guard, but then he shrugged at the change of subject. It was fine, very quiet. I didn't see anyone, didn't talk to anyone. Just sort of ranged. I visited the fire springs, and the forests, found a big lake. Otherwise uneventful. I tried not to stay too long away as promised.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
"Same here, it was the first I have caught around here. It looked pitifully desperate and I have not seen anymore since," she replied, having been able to ease that worry with a few days of smelling no trace of further coyote nonsense behind her. Still didn't mean she was relaxed about the matter, though, and hoped to catch the next one who dared to try hunting on their edges even sooner.

But coyotes aside, she was far more interested in his travels.. which did turn out to be rather uneventful. "At least it seems like you got to cover a lot of ground in peace," she remarked, as it was certainly one benefit of not running into anyone. "Even knowing you would not be gone long, I was still a bit surprised to find you back already," she smirked, even though he had said he wouldn't be long -- she wouldn't fault him for taking his time taking in the sights because she probably would have herself.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace shook his head. I guess this winter hasn't been easy on all of the worlds creatures. Jace hadn't seen anything on his face around the forest. He hadn't even come across a scent of anything else, not that he was really trying too. He tended to stick to silent places in the world, places where there were not new scents or stale scents, just nature.

Jace chuckled and shrugged. Perhaps i just couldn't stay away. He chuckled again and shook his head, No really it was just uneventful. I felt even more adrift out there. I don't know, perhaps it's just a disappointment within myself, and nothing will relieve it. I'm not sure Ame, but I do know that I am glad to be home. IT's a bit strange to be honest.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She nodded simply. Winter, as with nature, could pick and choose who it favored and who it did not. She put her own pride into her strength, and the pack's strength too, enough so to believe that it gave them the edge. On the whole, winter had been gentle on them so far. But it still had a few weeks left in it. A last-minute punch of bitter chill or heavy snow wouldn't even surprise her.

Amekaze listened carefully. "Hm, I do not know either.. I wish I knew something good to tell you that would help," she offered with a soft sigh also meant to signal that she did understand it the best that she could from her standpoint. "But, I am glad you are home too." she went on to agree with a few small swishes of her tail.

"I am only just considering about it at this point but I may go visit the Sunspire when spring gets here.. just for the nostalgia of it, I suppose. If I time it right, I can make the best of the trip over at least," she mentioned with half a shrug. Jace was the first to hear of these plans because he was one of the very last wolves with any measure of attachment to the Sunspire. If anyone would have half an interest in anything she'd sniff out there, he was the first she'd guess. As far as she knew, neither of them had gone back since the move had been made entirely official and done.

She hoped to volley the idea off him and gauge his interest in it -- even the off chance that he may even want to accompany her, but it may have been too premature for that. After all, this was only the very beginnings of the idea. In either case, Amekaze was content in his company and enjoyed it until it was time to part ways.