King
<i>avatar by Tokio!</i>
88 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
The brown wolf's long legs trotted along the west side of the river. A light dusting of snow covered the ground after the deep layers had melted the week before. The weather was unpredictable, but stayed chilly.

Stopping to look at the hot springs, Rob reluctantly turned and wandered to the edge of the thick, warm air. He sat himself so cold was prickling his back while a strange warmth covered his face and chest.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
i hope i'm right to guess this is all welcome o:
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Deciding to seek out some respite after hours of constant activity, she fancied a trip to the steamy springs to ease her aching muscles. It was all the mountainside hunting, scouting and trekking that was getting to her finally, as it had been a long time since she had spent proper time upon any slopes. She knew the soreness would translate to renewed strength in time, though, so she was not fretting. Besides, a moment of relaxation did the body and mind good...

So she had descended from the small falcon mountain's slopes, cut through the hilly woodlands and then into the open valley. Soon, she could smell the mist and there was no hesitance in her stride when she approached the foggy oasis. Amekaze lowered her head, and began seeking a particular pool she knew of, wholly unaware of another presence nearby. The wind was not in her favor and the high humidity of the area obscured scents further. Plus, she was not looking out for anyone, either.

Only when she found the particular spot of warmed waters did she realize the telltale aroma of another canine, and a frown formed on her muzzle. She decided to stay quiet and perhaps hope it was only a passerby she smelled, lest not to draw any unnecessary attention. Delicately, she dipped a paw in the waters and let her eyes close with a sigh, but meanwhile her ears quivered alertly.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
<i>avatar by Tokio!</i>
88 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
The brown wolf wagged his tail slowly, feeling himself relax a bit. He opened his eyes in time to notice some movement, and wondered the intentions of either wolf or meal before him.

After a few more moments, he sighed lightly in contentment and lifted himself to move slowly between the jets into the steam. His back tingled as it warmed up to the temperature his chest and face were. He spotted a dark creature in a pool, and wondered if it was Hawkeye. "Hawk, is that you...?" As he moved closer he frowned. "Oh, sorry. I thought you were someone else... Hi, I'm Rob." He sat, not sensing that the wolf before him was a threat in any way.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

She aimed to relax best she could despite knowing an unfamiliar presence loomed nearby. However, it soon became apparent that it was not going to be one that moved on and she steeled herself for interaction, but remained with her paws in the warm waters. She wasn't budging, as she had come here with this purpose in mind, and would let them come to her.

A sizable, brown-coated male appeared from the steamy surroundings. She squinted his way, ears splaying as, naturally, he mistook her for someone else at first. This seemed to happen often while even she had yet to meet the wolf she was so often mistaken for. Well, she had once thought that Vires was similar to her in appearances, but they had only met once, and it was rarely that name she was accidentally called by. I hate to disappoint, she deadpanned in response, feeling too subdued to lilt it as sarcastically as she intended.

Rob was a simple enough name to remember. Now that he was nearer, she realized his pack scent was the same as Ariston's. Fleetingly, she thought of him. I am Ame. She shifted her weight, stepping a little further into the waters then. What brings you to these springs?

<i>avatar by Tokio!</i>
88 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Rob found that the female had poor humor if she had meant her comment to be in jest. He shifted his eyes for a moment before resting them on the female once more.

"Well, hello Ame. I was walking by and the heat was so nice compared to the weather out there." He nodded his head in the direction he'd come from. She would know what he meant. "Tell me, are you from around here?" Old habits were dying hard, for he wished to ask if he was invited for a dip with the female; but, he refrained. Females around here were very hard to sway. He wondered if his charm was wearing off.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

He seemed well-spoken and polite enough so far. Ah, she replied with a nod of understanding; this was a welcome reprieve from the bitter cold. It was what drew her in as well. I do not think I have smelled you here before, she mentioned afterward with a gesture to the general proximity of the hot springs, curious if this was his first time exploring the place at this length.

His question was expected, in a way. Not originally, but I have stayed in this region for months now, she replied simply with a small nod, but tilted her head to imply her wondering why he had asked afterward. She was a resident, despite her lack of allegiance. She existed in the in-between spaces, with her preferred "bases" of sorts changing with the seasons. Originally she had kept much more to the west of here, but with winter, she had been drawn to the coast and the valley in the shadow of the mountains. Looking back on it now, she realized she had been here a while -- since the end of summer. The time had, seemingly, passed quickly.

<i>avatar by Tokio!</i>
88 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
He smiled when she said she hadn't smelled him here before. "Well, this is my first time. Here. At the hot springs." He didn't want her to think he was inexperienced in other things.

Rob was surprised that she was not a part of a pack. It was a cold winter. "Where have you stayed during storms? And where do you hunt?" Curiosity got the best of him. He wanted to know how she had survived all of this time alone.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

So her suspicions had been correct. She did come here often enough to notice scents of others scattered here and there, but her knowledge did not encompass all. In response, she nodded.

Ame then noted his reaction with a flick of her ear. Wherever. Packs may be plentiful here, but their claims do not include all. They left just enough corridors and unclaimed territories for her to get by, but their nature of constantly forming and disbanding forced her to keep her guard up lest new boundaries appeared overnight.

Gesturing then in the general direction of the coast, she decided to elaborate. The steamy warmth had her relaxed. There are deep forests and a small mountainside that treat me well. Plus, not far from there is a woodlot where a pack lived not so long ago but disbanded since. They left behind caches for my advantage, she chuffed. Of course, their leftovers were not in any excess, but there had still been some for her to scavenge on.

<i>avatar by Tokio!</i>
88 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Rob nodded quietly at the female's words, letting things fall silent and his eyes wander around. Eventually, they landed back on the female.

"You seem like an intelligent wolf. If you need anywhere to go, I am sure my Alphas would accept you without hesitation." He watched the female for any reaction as he shuffled slightly to the left while gliding himself forward as well.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She hummed thoughtfully, unsure of how to phrase this. That may be true, she said, for she did not doubt her own intelligence (as selfish as the thought may be) and believed she may make for a good asset for any pack, assuming she could settle in and be rightfully respectful of the leadership over her head. I do not know the Plateau alphas, but have never felt a definite pull to the pack..? I cannot explain why, she said in the utmost of truths, knowing this sounded bizarre. Her expression furrowed accordingly. Amekaze remembered Ariston's words in particular.

Do you know Ariston? He is a fellow Plateau wolf I have met before, but not for a time, now.. she asked as she glanced to him, watching him adjust his place and so on. Amekaze had not so much as smelled Ariston anywhere lately; she had come to question if he was still living in the region at all, and the possibility almost pulled a frown onto her lips. Even so, she peered at her companion curiously, interesting in hearing his remarks on this.

<i>avatar by Tokio!</i>
88 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Rob nodded at her response, wondering why someone would pass up such a solid pack. He shrugged it off. It wasn't his business, and, as long as the female before him didn't talk shit, he was fine.

"Goofy white dude? No, I haven't seen him in weeks." Rob remembered seeing him at the pack meeting, but that was the only time he could recall meeting the male. He was kind of a weirdo, the brown wolf thought, thinking back on the male's odd behavior.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She had nothing ill to say of the pack, just that it did not seem like a fit for herself, but this held true for many packs she had come to learn of since wandering from home. The Plateau was only of little interest to her.

Ame nodded, as "goofy white dude" did unfortunately fit Ariston alarmingly well. Looking back, she was surprised she had enjoyed his company as she had, even if she had only met up with him twice. He was very different from her. But he had nothing to say of him. I looked for him, a few weeks ago.. but caught not even a scent, she mentioned, exhaling slowly afterward as the consideration of the pale male were set aside; evidently, he lived here no longer and this was further proof of that. So with him gone, you are one of the very few Plateau wolves I know now, she mentioned, if it meant anything to him. What do you think makes your pack strong? she asked, curious to his insight and feeling like a deeper look into his thoughts, if he allowed.

<i>avatar by Tokio!</i>
88 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Rob looked down. "Sorry, I have no idea where the guy went." Rob tried thinking of when the male named Ariston would have left, but he couldn't remember when the last time he had smelled the scent of the white wolf.

The brown male smirked at the question. "We are all individuals, different in a million ways, but we work together as a team. We help each other with our goals as individuals, and, in that way, we strengthen as a whole." Rob was smug in his answer, but confidence is what touched his voice.

"On that note, do you mind if I join you...?" He raised his eyebrows at the female.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Ariston had been a wolf she had considered friend, and now that she looked back upon it, she was thankful her attachments went no further than that. Now with him gone, she only felt a vague sense of disappointment, and would have been bothered had it been anything more intense than this. Simply put, it was too bad that she would likely never see him again. She nodded to Rob's offer of a 'sorry', but said nothing more on the topic.

Amekaze was more interested in considering his answer, for he seemed confident in his response. When he asked to join her, she edged aside. Go ahead, she answered, ears fanned back in contemplation still. Amekaze could not lord over the hot springs entirely, and since she was alright in his company so far, she had no objections. You say as a team. Is your pack.. tightly-knit? she asked carefully. Ame was under the impression that not many packs were that close, or they had issues with cohesion considering the complaints she had gathered from pack wolves, but everyone did have a different perspective.

<i>avatar by Tokio!</i>
88 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
He kept his eyes on the dark female while he slipped himself in the water. "Ah, that's hot!" He nearly yelped in astonishment.

After settling in, the male sighed. "Yea, I mean we don't all act like family, but we have everyone's back if they need it. And if they want to be alone and have their free time, we don't mind that either. But, for the most part, we like to be around one another." He shrugged acting as if it was no big deal, but inside, Rob had pride for his pack.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
i'm wrapping up some old stuff, hope that's ok!

Her ears flicked forward at his yelp. Ah, go slowly. You grow used to it, she breathed, with a smirk coloring the words subtly. Ame had always liked the warm, though, even if one could not stay for all too long in it.

She murmured a thoughtful 'hm' at his reply. It does not sound bad, then, she eventually answered. Painted in that light, of course. Amekaze's questions were vague enough anyway. I hope it will last for many moons to come. For she wanted to see more packs last for long spans of time and create their lasting histories. Far too many packs in this area dissolved before they could even make for a decent tale.

Anyway, she soaked a while longer and let the conversation go where it must. Eventually, she offered her parting words and slid from the water for she had reached her conclusion here. With a final dip of her muzzle and a shake of her coat, she moved on towards a hunt back towards the coast.