Whitefish River here and there
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Early in the day she had left the small gyrfalcon mountain and the neighboring coast behind. With a lengthening of her stride, she tracked the banks of the river as its path curved further and further south. Even past the route inland towards the Plateau where she was also apt to lurk occasionally and the hot-springs she liked and instead carried on south still. She decided to see what she would encounter. It had been a while, anyway, so she stretched her muscles and loped a ways further.

Ame traveled in solitude for a good time and enjoyed the warm sunshine on her back when the spattering of clouds did not obscure it. Spring was well on its way, and she greeted this notion eagerly. Already some of her coat had begun to shed out and along with her renewing strength and improving condition (now that winter was dying), she was feeling increasingly satisfied in herself.

After a time, she slowed down for a break. A silhouette of a drifting bird caught her eye while she paused for a long, cold drink. The loner then decided to trail after it casually -- which was a habit she was beginning to gain from living alongside that mountain's predatory bird population. Sometimes, they led to decent scavenging.

It seemed to follow the river as well, so she continued to do the same.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie Von Pelt stepped over the threshold of his pack’s lands and outside the boarders he drew a deep breath. Yes it was nice to be part of a pack again, but his growing pains were difficult. He needed a moment to breath, he missed being a lone wolf with no cares and no one depending on him, but he also found he enjoyed the social aspect of the pack and the ease of the hunt, his hunger was well sated.

With a glance over his shoulder and a moment of guilt quelled, Ferdie shook his whole body from ear to tail, he threw his tail high over his back with a self satisfied smile. His thick pelt was freshly groomed and lay over his body with a slight sheen, an he would not have it any other way, even with the change of season upon them, his pelt didn’t seem to be worse for wear, not a matt to be seen.

Ferdie loped forward and away from the pack, even if it was just for a day possibly two he just needed to be out. He lost track of time as he loped miles from ‘home’ His body and muscles still used to long lonely days of travel seemed to revel in the exercise that he had not gotten since he took up residence at the creek mere weeks ago.

He came to a river and slowed to a stop long hours of travel left him thirsty and so he step up to the edge and began to lap at it’s cool surface. His ears lifted around toward a few noises, He glanced up, water dripping from his maw, and saw a large bird, t’was to large to be a crow or gull. Then his head moved down as he spotted a wolf drawing closer to him she seemed to be traveling along the river toward him.
Ferdie Von Pelt stood probably looking dumbfounded as she drew closer unable to stop looking at her, but unsure why she held this much of his attention.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

In the recent weeks, much of her time was spent with the rivers of this coastal valley. If not them, the creeks, the small mountain, or the seaside on occasion -- but it continued to be the most inhospitable to her.

She was infinitely more familiar with the curves of the scenery than she was with any fellow wolf living here. she had achieved a greater balance with the surroundings than the residents. She usually smelled of the rivers, with a subtle scent of the sea's saltiness and the mountain's evergreens woven intricately in-between. There were times, she wondered, if she was receding too far into herself, letting nature's energies in just too much...

However, she remained focused. The bird coasted along still, occasionally tipping one wing lower and adjusting course slightly. She kept following, on and on, until something changed. A wolf. Just ahead, and with his eyes on her already. The loner had not been prepared to avoid being seen, although now that it was too late, it was something she wished she had considered sooner.

Amekaze turned her focus back towards eye level for now, watching him (watch her, evidently) instead of the skies as she approached. Her ears were fanned back, indicative of her prior focus on roving as well as the touch of frustration she inexplicably felt in this moment. Although, curiously was soothing it slowly.

She sniffed, discerning what she could muster from here, and sought his eyes... considering they were already on her. He was a big wolf. Bigger than she, of course, and colored in neatly-groomed, variegated shades of fur. Her tail stiffened just subtly and her squint questioned him simply: what?

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
An eagle of some kind perched in a near by tree with a screech and waited perhaps it was waiting on fish in the river or watching them, that would be hard to discern without knowing what it was that the birds thought. Ferdie’s ear flicked toward the bird for only the barest moment and then promptly forgot about it, the femme before him much more real and interesting

The instant she stopped before him, he looked surprised for a moment, his tail swayed back and forth a few times. Though his tail was high over his back, his eyes were soft as he looked upon her. Quickly he realized he should say something, but he was at a loss for words. He had nothing to offer her in conversation, and he had yet to hear her voice, her scent told him she was female, her petite size too. He may have been the bigger wolf, indeed twice her weight but he was sure she’d be far more agile then him.

Ferdie Von Pelt closed his eyes and reopened them, deciding to give her the honest answer to her unspoken question. “I can’t help but stare, My apologies.” He dipped his head a little and his ears moved sideways, offering unspoken, his own confusion. “Since we are here, might we travel together, at least for a while? My name is Ferdie.” He offered up his name so she might think him less a stranger and more of an acquaintance.

Maybe it was the spring air but he felt strangely playful, though it didn’t seem this femme was much for childish play; perhaps the weather and the chance meeting might draw something ‘not of the norm’ out of them both.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Now in her pause before the unknown male, she squared her paws and strengthened her posture. He waved his raised tail for her and hers stayed still, though seeing his lifted up so brazenly here in these unclaimed lands was inspiring her to challenge the gesture. She stayed, though, for now with an impassive look on her face intended not to relay much while she looked him over carefully.

There seemed to be a pause between them, which he filled soon enough thankfully. She wondered why.. if seeing her was that big of a surprise to him. Ame didn't know why. She thought she looked normal enough.. which was confirmed fairly on the regular when she was mistaken for other wolves on more than one occasion. Not like she had horns, or a second head.

He couldn't help but stare? Amekaze tilted her head, but chuffed lightly to his apology. Too much attention on her was strange and often, she could not understand what attracted their attention in the first place. Ah, I thought maybe I had surprised you, she said and let her muzzle rise up. No amount of her posturing would ever put hers above his, however. The dark loner bit back a curious smirk. My travels are following the river. If yours are doing the same, I would have no complaints, Ame answered and stepped closer, gesturing towards the river as she spoke. She would not be adjusting her course any company was so rare. If he wasn't downright unbearable, she could use the interaction.

He offered a name without a big sprawling title, too and for this her ears were thankful. She had noted that he smelled of the same pack as the one-eared black male from several days back, so now she was beginning steadily to understand aspects of his identity. The generic and surfaces ones, at least. She was far from knowing truly who he was. I am Ame, was her contribution before she returned to motion, striding smoothly past him to resume her trail underneath the assumption that he would do the same.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
“You didn’t surprise me, but you... well, you are... um...” He cleared his throat, unable to finish that sentence, he probably shouldn’t anyway. His mind was so foggy he couldn’t think straight either way.
As she moved to get by, she drew even closer to him; Ferdie continued to stare at her as she passed by him, not at her face but rather at her body, her lithe shoulders, the muscles below her pelt, her side and then her hips as she moved below his nose. It wasn’t until her tail slipped by his muzzle that he turned and trotted to her side.

His ears perked forward, his tail still high over his back but he commanded nothing of her, He didn’t expect her to submit nor did he even want her two, just for his own self satisfaction, he had himself this way. He could not do so in the pack, he hadn’t earned that right yet.

“Ame” He uttered her name respectfully, “I have no direction in which I need, or want to travel, so for a time, I would enjoy nothing more then accompanying you” He moved toward the water so his feet would splash just the very edge of the water cooling his toes probably flicking water up upon his underbelly, which he’d have to groom later. “Do you have a destination in mind today, Ame?”

He was purely curious for when he was a lone wolf he had no rhyme or reason to his travels, it was blind luck that he ended up here. He looked to carefully and casually flick water up at her heels without looking like he had done so on purpose
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She gave him a lingering glance as he seemed to struggle to get the words out, with an "um" and an unfinished sentence leaving questions. Switching her tail, she opted to pester just a bit. I am what, exactly? she asked and this time let herself smirk. Ame was not truly expecting a literal answer, but perhaps to see him stumble over the question anyway.

Her ears flicked when he tested her name. This was why she kept it simple. In this point in her life, she had no need for even the whole of her name. Ame suited her best of all things and it did not sound unpleasant on the tongues of others, as she assumed her full title might. It always had at home, too. I see.. she drawled, listening to his pawsteps take to the water's edge, which encouraged her to do the same. She wondered then what had brought him away from his pack borders and to here in the first place, since he seemed so at ease with joining up with whatever she was doing. For a time, at least.

As she strode along, she shook her head with a soft "mm. No specific destination, but more of a task, I suppose. She peered at him. Her course would trek would probably go no further than the edge of the valley though. She had no interest in going too far south. I travel the rivers, hunting and scavenging mostly.. she explained like it was duty because for her, it was, lest her survival suffer. The dark loner then gave the skies a long look (wondering where her bird had gone), but kept her other senses trained on her.. new acquaintance. By nature, she felt it necessary. What purpose brought you from your pack's lands in the first place? she asked, knowing he hadn't come here just to see.. whatever she was. With that, Ame lengthened her stride just a bit and let the water splash up from her motion.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
“You are...” He fumbled in his mind a moment and his tone dropped just slightly as he sought a word that would be true but so hiding why it was he stared “intriguing” his tongue flicked out to caress his lips momentarily.

He watched her look up, and thought that odd but brushed it off as she asked a question that brought home some guilt, but after the pack meet he felt suffocated by the disconsolate pack. He drew a deep sharp breath as he tried to find the proper wording for a reason. He could find none, He would also find it hard to come up with a reason to return there.

He leapt forward a few strides and splashed the water sending up a large wave of water, partly out of frustration and partly out to the need to have some fun. And then, there it was... his reason for leaving.

“I left to have some fun, I just don’t seem to fit into that somber pack. I probably should have not left my Lone wolf status and joined a pack without thoroughly scouting them first, I was just so lonely.”

Lonely and stupid he quipped in his mind but kept it to himself. She would probably think that of him anyway, most if not all the wolves he had met lately considered him stupid. he bounded and few more feet and splashed the water again scaring fish that had gathered in all directions.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She did not find much more to say to his answer, but replied with a murmur of no particular meaning. Truth be told, she found the answer favorable enough. Intriguing implied to her an air of mystery -- something to inspire the curiosity. While she was a bit more adverse to attention itself based on the notion alone, she decided that if she ought to have any, it be of fascination if nothing else.

Ame's ears quivered towards the sound of splashing water that rose up above the other, much more tranquil river sounds. She peered at him, wondering if perhaps it was something she had asked. It was not easy to decipher the meaning of the gesture. Nevertheless, she listened thoughtfully. More pack wolves feeling out of place. The loneliness can be a great burden, she mentioned first with her eyes on the river waters in her path, unsure of what to say. It was a burden that not all could stand to carry..

When he had admitted to his loneliness, she had understood. If anything were to drive her to a pack, it would be either that or a terrible shortage of free territory spaces for hunting. She imagined the sting of solitude to only be greater for more extroverted individuals who could thrive and flourish among all sorts of company. But to not fit must be.. tiresome. I could see why you would seek to spend time elsewhere.. her lips twitched as she spoke. The rivers of this region are my favorite, so you chose wisely, Ame smirked briefly, then paused to watch him splash. She considered it herself, but for now only moved deeper into the waters so that it covered more than just her ankles. However, she was careful to stay out of the current's reach.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry, I ran into a small writers block, Ferdie (And I) are having a though time adjusting to this RP,
I needed to figure out a time line for him, and this outing is going to fit in quite nicely, so I should be more active in it now...

Ferdie Von Pelt huffed loudly after she past by him, this time he was able ‘not’ to stare at her lithe form; Though he wanted too. He crouched slightly and charged ahead, sending water everywhere as his paws pounded through the water’s surface upon the sand below. He was deeper in the water then her so he could pass her on the inside.

True to his luck with rivers, he misstepped in a slippery crevasse between rocks and tripped splashing down mightily into the water; his tail flying over his head, landing upon his back and righting himself immediately after. Ferdie pulled himself into a sit as he laughed whole heartedly, true, grooming the water from his pelt was going to be a pain, but this was fun..

Fun was hard to come by lately. His tail swayed below the water surface, he shifted just a little dropping his shoulders, a grin upon his lips showing Ame that he might just be playful enough to attempt a tackle, or at the very least a splash to share the wetness he now endured with his lighter heart. He was completely unaware that their might be a strong current in the river, since he did not spend much time around water.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
ahh that's fine, no rush on replying to me ever! just do what you gotta do. ame is a free spirit with no deadlines anyway, and i'm glad this fits, haha :D

In his continued company, she had begun to relax. Slowly, but better than nothing. Since nothing about him said threatening presence, or one to keep her guard sharpened to a dangerous point around, Ame would trust her judgements and by extension, him as well.

He said nothing further, and neither did she as he charged ahead. She watched, curious in seeing where this was going, and trotting after him slowly. When he evidently slipped, her ears pricked forward and she paused, unsure as the ridiculous scene unfolded rapidly, sending him down face first. Even she couldn't help but laugh while approaching him, once seeing he was recovered and alright -- in with good spirits too, considering the interesting flop he had just performed that honestly would have stung with horrid embarrassment had the tables been turned.

That was an interesting way to get acquainted with the river, she chuffed with a toothy grin, then swiped her front paw on the water to make a small splash. Amekaze could appreciate lightheartedness in others, despite how serious she may have always seemed. Played right, it could bring out her less stiff side as well.

Ame then sprung off with a yip and waved her tail up over her rump, hoping he might pursue as she bounded through the shallow river's edge with a splash to accompany every stride. She could feel her paws slipping on the slick rocks of the river, so tried to strike a balance between agile speed and carefulness to keep her from getting too hasty, or she was going to end up doing her own version of his fall. It was not enough to stop her, though..

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Pursue he did, bounding after her a laugh upon his lips, he slipped more often then she, but he managed to recover each time.

"that's usually how I end up acquainting myself with rivers" He panted attempting a leap to get closer to her "water and I have I love-hate relationship" he bounded directly in front of her; crouched his front end down and left his back up high in the air. He gave her front leg a mild nibble then her other leg and large lick before spinning around in a tight circle and running off the water and more onto the dry bank. His paws got closer together and his muscles bunched then rippled as he leaped over a large bush and disappeared behind it hoping she'd follow.

Quickly though a half Yelp escaped him as he landed chest first on a large rock behind the bush, those things common at the rivers edge. The wind knocked from his lungs the large brute lay there temporarily stunned.
His luck was far from changing he'd have to stop acting like the fool for that to correct itself. If she moved on and left him there it would serve him right at this point.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

There were some steps that were slicker than others, and this impacted her gait accordingly. Still, she had yet to be unseated from her paws and was getting the steady hang of traversing the river's rocky surface.

Nevertheless, she watched, listening keenly. A love-hate relationship with rivers was a curious notion. She wondered what had inspired it, and if it went further than him just slipping when encountering them. Ah, I see, Ame mused with a small chuckle. I like the rivers, and their energies, so perhaps they just like me more, she smirked, all while watching him move in front of her to nip and lick her legs. She playfully swatted at him, but he had reeled away already by then. This time, it was she left to pursue.

And she did, springing onto the shore and sending a mess of water spraying this way and that as she gave her furs a shake. Her eyes were trained on him, though, and once more, he rewarded her with another feat of grace. This time, she laughed more openly. Luck was not on his side today it seemed, for she truly did not think he had that poor control over his paws and the body it accompanied. Ame knew that sometimes, things just did not go your way. Are you alright? she asked once she had stepped closer to his stunned form. She sniffed at him. It was quite the show, at least.. she murmured, as if it might soothe the ache any.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie Von Pelt gasped as precious air flooded back into his lungs, He glared at the rock as if it was all the rocks fault and had nothing to do with his blundering.

Well there he goes impress a female by looking like an ass, story of his life. He stood and gave himself a great shake, still wet, it threw water everywhere; he felt a dull ache in his chest but ignored it, trying to shake it off in front of Ame.

Well that was interesting.." Ferdie sighed, "Suppose I should head back to the packlands before dusk, perhaps the mood there has lightened up, or it might if you accompanied me, He smiled and then offered something in hopes of further interesting her "we do have a rather abundant creek running all though the pack lands"

Ferdie's low tail swayed back and forth, hoping she would go with him at least for a visit. anything to help lighten the mood within the pack would be astounding, and she said No though, he'd miss her company however he'd completely understand her desire to shy away from this idea as well.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She continued to give him a sidelong look with the edges of her lips curled into a vaguely amused expression. Ame stepped back as he got to his feet, apparently fine. It was, she agreed and glanced towards the skies again as she contemplated his offer.

It had been a long, long time since she had last been near the creek of his homepack. Not since the late summer, before she had come to this side of the valley where the seaside was. Surely things had changed there and perhaps it would not hurt to investigate them a little closer. It seemed that her plans for earlier had dissolved, for she had long since lost sight of the bird, and interest had waned soon after -- especially with the bizarre Ferdie around to distract. But.. now did not feel like the right time for that. Soon, though..

Mm, I will have to pass for now.. but perhaps I will visit you another time..? she said with her ears slicking back. She preferred to approach pack boundaries wholly on her own terms, even if a closer look at them (and their creek) was an interesting prospect. You will know when I do, the loner added. She did not wish to keep him if he wanted to get back before dark, so she was certainly capable of being brief, even if time in his company had been far more entertaining than anything else she'd been doing.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
we should make a plot line together, you are very fun to RP with,

Ferdie Von Pelt felt oddly saddened more then he thought he would by her refusal, but he could linger no longer and she had been a great shoulder to cry upon he felt wholly better emotionally anyway. The brute stepped up to her, gently and affectionately he rubbed his head across her shoulder, taking a quick breath to memorize her scent now and forever

"You have my friendship, Ame. Ever you need of me for any reason call upon me, I will be there"

He turned and started to lope toward home, he drew a sharp breath due to the pain and then wished he hadn't, With his teeth gritted and his breaths more shallow he loped until he was far enough away that Ame could not see him then slowed to a walk, his chest ached terribly when he moved to fast or breathed too deep.

Ferdie would hide his pain as he often did adjusting himself so as to hide his weaknesses, nature was cruel to those that were injured, he should know since it was wolf kind that preyed upon the weak.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
oooh o: we should def thread again very soon

Ame had stilled as he moved closer, then created contact. Her ears tilted backwards and breathing deep, her nose filled with his scent.. deeper than before. Ame wasn't sure what to say, or do suddenly but did muster a nod to his words. They were unexpected.. an interesting twist to this encounter that would cement it in her memory for good.

She rumbled a low note from deep in the back of her throat where words would not satisfy, hoping that the message was conveyed all the same. As she stepped back, she dipped her slender muzzle in farewell before watching him lope off towards his home territory.

Without reason to loiter longer, she turned and trotted further down the river with something new to consider.