Moonspear Something catchy here
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
All Welcome 
He's calling for the Alphas, but anyone is welcome to join!

He had been wandering for several days after returning to Teekon Wilds. He couldn't believe how much it had changed in the short time he'd been away. The land was stripped of its rich forests and valleys, and therefore they prey had dwindled to almost nothing. He wondered how Moonspear was faring. He had decided not to waste anymore time, and made a beeline for the borders. 

He slowed as he approached, coming to a stop at a safe distance away. Charon and Amekaze had been gracious to him when he left, understanding his reasons. He hoped they would welcome him back, but a nagging fear in the back of his mind made him second guess just how welcoming they might be. Before it could overwhelm him, he tipped his head back and called for @Charon and @Amekaze and then sat back on his haunches, his ears perked and his eyes scanning the territory for any signs of movement from the wolves that called Moonspear home.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She wasn't far, loitering somewhere near a tiny sliver of a creek in hopes of spotting something green trying to return to them, but when the howl arose, she was not immediately stricken with familiarity outright. It took a beat spent with a furrowed look for it to set in but it came, and with it followed a small stroke of relief. Ame lifted her muzzle from the cool creekside mud and trotted to meet him.

The nature of his leave was one she treated.. at arm's length. However, his return was timed just right. She could make use of it, she suspected.  She closed in with good time and when she saw the dark fur against the drab landscape that still did not resonate well at all with her, she chuffed and swayed her raised tail. "Dash," she greeted alongside a relieved curve of her lips, despite the subtle undertone of tiredness there. Since hunting was exceptionally poor and she was relying almost exclusively on what she could fish for herself, she could not present at a full, one-hundred percent. But ever resilient, she'd persist and even a bit wilted as she were, she appeared with much of her typical poise as she came to his side. "It is good to see you. Your travels prove worthwhile?" she asked first of all. "And I do not imagine this is what you would expect to return to," she shook her head softly, meaning the bare mountainside here in the backend of springtime.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
I promised I'd always help you, and I always will.
144 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Harley wasn't far either, albeit in the opposite direction of his alpha. The howl brought him galloping towards the borders, only to find that it'd been answered already by Ame. He approached with caution, taking his place at the dark womans flank in support, ears pressed foward in curiosity. Amekaze seemed to know this male, though he'd missed any words shared. A smile graced his wolfdog features, and he wondered if this would soon be another packmate to him. Lord knows he could use more friends. Truth be told, the loneliness was starting to get to him. The milky male had no wishes to leave the mountain, however, even if he was mostly alone. The shephard kept his muzzle shut to let them go on, but was nonetheless there to fidn out what was going on.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Dash kept his eyes on the mountain in front of him, and he wasn't disappointed. Ame came trotting up, and Dash folded his ears softly on his head as he lowered it in respect, his wagging tail and smile giving away his happiness at seeing her. He could only hope she felt the same.

If her soft smile was any indication, she was at least not upset to see him. It's good to see you, Amekaze, he greeted. It was well worth it, though I admit I am very glad to return, he admitted. His gaze took in the surrounding area, spotting a figure coming towards them. Interested in the not-quite-wolf creature, but not letting it distract him, he turned back to Ame. No, I suppose I didn't expect this. But, no matter the condition, I hope I can still call it home? he questioned softly, his eyes giving away his worry that she might refuse him. 

The stranger came silently, an obvious support to Amekaze. Dash greeted him with a smile, though followed in the other's lead and did not say anything to him. Instead, he waited for Ame's answer.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Harley joined her soon after her paws came to a stop, and she rumbled a soft greeting under her breath for him because the bulk of her focus remained with Dash. But, she made note of his prompt arrival and his presence here all at once. "Likewise," she exhaled. It was good to see him, in one piece and seemingly well enough. "That is good news," she then nodded readily. There were few greater satisfactions than a travel well spent. She couldn't deny that more than once she had wondered of his progress, especially after Jace and Wildfire had parted ways with them as well. Then, glancing briefly to the wolfdog, she'd brief him before things got too in depth. "Harley, Dash here was a member formerly. He has been away traveling for a few months," she explained, careful to drop his name as well so that Dash could hear it and to make it clear by her tone that he had parted ways in as good of standing as anyone could, really.

She did not overly rush to answer him, but nodded. "You may," she said when nothing else seemed to quite suit it. She knew he could handle things done simply and she already knew him as an able body -- perhaps even one improved by his time on the road. Normally she may have picked at the point of his prior departure just a little more, but she didn't have the energy to be so needlessly bothersome. In times like these, she could benefit from all the usefulness on this mountainside that she could get and it was easier to put her faith in him (a wolf that already proved he'd at least return to her) than some random stranger (who let her down often enough already). "Some things have changed, but I believe our core remains as you knew it. The hunting is slim and notably our biggest concern, but I hope the green will return soon so we can prosper easily again," she shook her head softly. The locust swarm was definitely a setback in her plans, and majorly so. "Is the damage like this as widespread as I can imagine?"
144 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Harley didn't have to wait long for a friendly greeting from the stranger, or an explination from his dark alpha. He was already a part of Moonspear? Perhaps this male could be a friend, and could teach the wolfdog a thing or two. He was so lonley up here on the mountain, as much as he loved it. 
Ame gave Dash a little update and started some small talk, but the milky shephard was happy to listen and scan the mountain with his amber eyes. Nodding when spoken too, he knew a good way to learn was simply listen and observe.  The questions not answered would be voiced later, after Amekaze was finished catching up with him.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Amekaze seemed happy to see him, as well, something for which he was glad. When he left, he was worried that she and Charon were displeased with him. If that was so then, it didn't seem to be an issue now. Ame graciously introduced the two, and Dash's gaze moved to the interesting male to her side, smiling. Nice to meet you, Harley, he said genuinely. Dash had never met a hybrid, wasn't even aware they existed, and wouldn't until it was pointed out that Harley was one. 

Then, Ame gave him his answer. His smile widened and his tail began to wag. Thank you, Ame, he said. He listened intently as she explain that, while some things had changed, the important things had not. He nodded to her question, I've been traveling a few days in the barren landscape, so it's pretty extensive, he informed her. It meant, if anyone wanted to leave Teekon Wilds, they'd have quite a bit of walking to do until they reached rich lands.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Things remained simple between the two males and that made it easier on her. She was briefly led to wonder how Dash and Harley may get along here, but with or without that, she was glad to have another capable wolf among them. Any little bit helped at this point, so she was not being picky.

"You are welcome," the dark alpha nodded first of all. She then wore a hard frown when he answered onward. "So I figured.. Floki went scouting to the southwest and elsewhere, I believe he should be back soon. I suspect he will bring back similar news, though.." she shook her head softly side to side, her sorrow over the loss of the landscape's greenery an ugly burden to carry. "We have been doing what we can to preserve stocks until.. something can return. I will admit, it is not boding well, but we are strong," she huffed, her confidence in the mountain to sustain them somehow paired with the faith she would put in the pack holding up her statement.
144 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Finally, the young hybrid spoke in a carefree, happy tone. Ame gave explination as to why he hadn't seen Floki about recently, but it didn't bother him much. He hadn't made any really close friends yet, only starting conversations that didn't seem to go anywhere. Perhaps this dark male would be another story?
       "Nice to meet you too, Dash."
Harley truly belived the mountain would again thrive, and the Moonspear wolves would be alright. Sure, it might take a while, but hunting would again become plentiful. 
                 "We're strong enough to keep going, and it's only a matter of time until regrowth begins."
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The other male returned the friendly greeting, for which Dash was glad. He turned his attention back to Ame, who admitted times had been hard, but they were doing the best they could. He nodded, knowing it to be true. They had always worked hard before, and he didn't believe that would ever change.

I may not be all that good at catching large prey, but small prey kept me alive for years. I'll do everything I can to make sure I help the food supply, he promised. He knew there may not be much, but he felt confident he could catch something. 

I can get started now, if ya like, he said, a rare smile appearing on his maw. He wanted to get reacquainted with the territory, and more importantly, Thistle Cloud. Soon, he would learn she wasn't here anymore.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Harley reaffirmed their strength, and she bobbed her head softly. It was good to hear of a similar sentiment from the pack. While it was not easy, she was trusting that they would come out in the end.

She then nodded to Dash, pleased to hear what she did and in no way able to fault his shortcomings regarding large prey -- there were none, anyway. So, the small prey would have to do and the skills he had used as a loner would come in handy. In these times, they just couldn't be picky and would have to take anything they could get. "Sounds good," she said, leaning back on her hindpaws just briefly before turning away herself to allow Dash to pick where he'd go first; he didn't need her to tell him how to manage on the mountain. After, she glanced to Harley. Herself? She'd round out a patrol while she was here..
144 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
As Harley realized the meeting was drawing to a close, he gave a nod to both Amekaze and Dash before turning and slipping away. Perhaps he would go off to look for prey, or to simply explore further into the mountain. Dash was free to follow, but he figured Ame would have better things to do. Trotting off into the distance, Harley began to think further on what exactly he wanted to do with himself.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Amekaze seemed pleased, for which Dash was glad. She turned to go back into the territory, as did Harley after a friendly nod. Dash returned it with a smile, and then trotted into the territory. The first thing he would do is check out his old den and see if it was occupied.