Two Rivers Isle They said hello
11 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The scent of dead was imminent as the copper maiden emerged out of the shadowing thickets of the Shadewood and into the dry heat of the early morning sun. Quivering in relief, she padded down into the lazy currents of the first river, relishing the coolness on her pads as she did so. She dipped her cranium to lap at the crystalline droplets of water, relieved that she had finally left the dark maze of twisted boughs behind her and stood under the open sky once again.

Dusk had long since morphed into night yet through the enclosing darkness, her yellow gaze captured movement beneath the surface of the flow. Tiny silver bullets darted here and there, almost like the stars themselves had been granted bodies of their own and we're now dancing just whiskers away from her. Ignoring the pangs of hunger still rattling through her frame, the girl stood stock still, letting her posture slide into a silencing, neutral position as she stared fascinated at the diving figures.

Instinct drove her fangs into a lunge, jerking forward in an instant and plunging her maw into the stream. Glittering droplets rocketed skywards and she pulled back, amazed to find the struggling body of a argentium dart snagged between her teeth. Leaping out of the water, she landed, sopping wet and panting, on the opposite bank, the thing still clutched protectively in her jaws. It was small, no longer than a blade of grass yet she snapped it up with little to no hesitation. Salty yet oddly satisfying; the creature disappeared into the gullet of the maiden. It did little to ease the cramps that wracked her body yet at least it was something.

Link to her dice role: http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=4166&pid=193235#pid193235
Please, if I did something wrong don't hesitate to let me know
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
It was refreshing to drink clear, cool water instead of the muddy soup that made up Frogspawn Swamp. Grayday was glad for the change, even though he wasn't too comfortable with leaving his new companion alone for too long. He'd told her to stay put, and that he'd be back a little later, but he wasn't sure she'd really been listening.

It was a hot day, so Grayday waded into river as he drank, and when he'd saited himself, he rolled around in the water until his usually fluffy coat hung off him like bog skirt. He emerged sopping wet from the river, tongue lolling out in contentment, and shook himself off until his coat spiked out in all directions. Perhaps the silly she-wolf he'd left at the swamp would help him groom it back to its usual luster.

He trotted along the river, following the scent of wolf, until he caught sight of the individual in question. Gray took a moment to admire the way her fur caught the light, blinking at him as she moved - like dying embers, he thought. As he watched, the female crashed her head into the water, and emerged with a flipping, silver body in her mouth.

Grayday couldn't help but gape. She's fishing like a bear, he thought, his mind flicking through all the times he'd seen them pull salmon from the creeks. His pack had sometimes hung around, waiting for one of them to drop scraps. They'd never even tried to copy the maneuver, but this wolf was clearly experiencing some success. He turned speculatively toward the water, but saw nothing glittering beneath the surface. Probably just due to his bad eyesight, but it seemed silly to try when he couldn't even see his prey.

"That's incredible," he called to the wolf, trotting toward her and stopping a few yards away. "I don't know why I've never thought of fishing that way."
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
11 Posts
Ooc —
Feelings of pride and encouragement surged through her veins as she looked back at the stream, her yellow eyes glinting in the midday sun. Stretching out her forepaws, she bent her cranium to lap at the waterlogged fur covering her legs yet in the heat of the day, there'd be no doubt she'd dry in a matter of minutes. Even so, she gave her pelt a quick shake before swiping her tongue over her dark lips. If she could catch one of those silver darts, maybe by pure luck and determination, more could find their way into her growling stomach. The though was enough to draw her back towards the sparkling liquid, her dripping frame forming small puddles on the dusty bank as she did so.

A bark off to her left caught the copper maidens attention before she could step back into the swirling currents and she turned to face the newcomer, a magnificent canine swathed in grey fur. With one paw still raised in the air, she listened as he spoke, puffing out her slightly at his compliment. "Thanks!" She bounded out of the water, her tail waving behind her in greeting as she trotted towards the wolf. "Fishing..." she pondered his words for a few heartbeats, connecting her lunge with the sparkling bullet she had gulped down only a few moments before. "So that's what those tiny things were."

With a curious flick of her auds, she turned her attention to his final speach. "To be honest, I didn't plan to fish," she spoke, the word feeling slightly foreign coming from her mouth. Yet it was good to learn something new once in a while. "But I have to agree; if it gets me food, then there's no harm in trying." Shaking her pelt a final time, she relaxed into a neutral posture, kneading her paws against the dry earth in an attempt to distract herself from the nagging pangs of hunger. "Want to try?"
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Whoops. Fishing isn't a wolf word XD
Grayday looked doubtfully toward the water, not wanting to embarrass himself in front of the wolf. He wondered if it was as easy as she'd made it look, or if he'd have as much trouble with fish as he'd been having with frogs. "I think I'd better leave that to you and the grizzly bears," he said wryly, smiling at her all the same. "But, if agility is your strong suit, I'd suggest heading over to Frogspwan Swamp. The frogs have already started spawning, and they just got bigger when the locust came." It'd be the perfect solution, if he weren't so weak from hunger - and slowly going blind, to boot.

The sun baked down on his back, making him shake out his fur once more. Tiny dropets of water scattered around before his fur quickly settled back into damp heat once more. It'd be nice to just spend the whole day lounging in the water, but Gray remembered the reason he'd come out this way in the first place.

"Do you have a pack?" he asked abruptly, his tail twitching in hopeful anticipation.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours