Moonspear And I've always been a daughter
115 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
Heldi no longer liked mountains. This one in particular was humongous, the trek through its dark woods had been enough to chill her soul. Her shoulder throbbed and the rough rock scraped her paws painfully. The bastard of Vledfest ignored all of this as she made her way up the mountain, stopping outside the border of an established pack.

Zephyr's mission is going to fail..there's too many wolves in this land and not enough room. Heldi wasn't getting any younger, it was time to settle down somewhere and maybe find a mate. This place seemed as good as any. 

Heldi tossed her head back and howled tiredly. It was obvious her travels had taken a toll on her, hopefully that wouldn't affect her possible joining.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Dash had been ever diligent on patrolling the borders since the intrusion of the girl. He had been glad he stopped her when he did, but he wanted to make sure it didn't happen again. He was close when the howl came, and he was glad this stranger seemed to know protocol. 

He trotted towards her, tail up and ears perked, but he was not aggressive. He came to a stop several yards from her, noting the famine had not spared her. It was hard for all the wolves in Teekon Wilds, and she was no exception. How may I help you? he asked casually. These meetings were usually standard, with the same questions asked. But, he didn't want to be rude and assume anything. For all he knew, she was looking for someone specific.
115 Posts
Ooc —
The male who appeared was taller than she, lanky in appearance with fur the color of night. He didn't appear to be aggressive, cautious and inquisitive maybe. Heldi dipped her head in respect as he approached.

"I would like to join your pack if you'll have me." Her voice was thin with pain and it was obvious she was weary. The bastard kept on her feet though, back as straight as an iron rod. Heldi would not appear weak especially when she was trying to be accepted into a pack.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The stranger was respectful, for which Dash was glad. The meeting would go much smoother if he didn't have to remind others that they were at a pack's borders, and that in and of itself demanding respect. Some wolves just refused to give it. 

She stated she was looking to join the pack. What could you offer us? he asked, genuinely interested. He knew the leaders would want to know before accepting her, and they wouldn't want to invite someone in who could not at least pull their own weight.
115 Posts
Ooc —
"I'm a decent hunter. I'm fast and have a good memory, I want to become a Scout someday." Heldi shuffled a paw, wondering if that was a good enough offer. She didn't know any healing or anything like that, would they even want a Scout? 

sorry it's short
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
No worries!

She explained she was an alright hunter, and expressed her desired to become a Scout. Goals are always good to have, he said. I'm Dash, by the way, he said, introducing himself. I, personally, can't accept you in, but I'll call the leaders, and one of them will decide, he explained, before tilting his head to the sky and calling for @Charon, @Amekaze, or @Floki

Turning his gaze back to her, he decided to make conversation while they waited. Where are you from? he asked. He hadn't smelled any pack scent on her, so he assumed she wasn't coming directly from another pack.
115 Posts
Ooc —
"Pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm Heldi Rivers-Vledfest." She introduced herself with a nod, relaxing some now that the inquistion was over. 

"It had no name other than The East. You would have to go far to The North and then head east until you reached the sea to find it." Heldi tried to explain where she had come from though she had no idea if he understood or not.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Nice to meet you, as well, Heldi, he said easily. She did seem rather pleasant, and he found himself hoping the leaders would allow her entry. Charon and Amekaze had a nice group of wolves going here, and Dash thought she would make a good addition. But, that decision was not up to him.

She told him where she came from, and his eyes began to scan the horizon, trying to calculate the directions she was giving him, before turning his gaze back to her. What brought you here? he asked, interested in her story.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Dash's howl perked her ears and she shifted her pathway just enough to take her his way. Since the message didn't sound overwhelmingly urgent, she did not make it there in any particular rush. In these days of ongoing poor hunting, she did find herself a bit more conservative with her energy. Not that she liked being so keenly aware of her every expenditure.. and the deficits born from hunger were no better.

But soon enough, she arrived upon the duo with her posture purposeful in every way. While she appeared leaner than ever before on the Spear, it was not yet a look that did not suit her strengths. She had always been able to scrape by just enough to keep it so. "Dash," she chuffed softly in greeting when she came to stand alongside his shoulder. Seeing that he appeared at relative ease was one hint for her, but much of her focus rested upon the stranger from here on out. She knew it didn't need said that she'd like briefed on this conversation so far, so there was a certain expectancy in her minty eyes. Curiosity was clear already.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
115 Posts
Ooc —
While she had eased up some, loosening up to talk to Dash, she once more lowered her head in submission as another appeared. Heldi had had no time to answer his next question, besides it was a long story she didn't wish to delve into on the borders.

Heldi didn't know whether or not the woman meant for Dash to answer or for she to answer. The bastard of Vledfest decided to keep silent, she had had a few run ins with Alphas that were none to pleasant. Most didn't like strange wolves speaking unless spoken to.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Before she could answer his question, Amekaze showed up. Dash's ears lowered, and his tail wagged in greeting. Hey, Amekaze. This is Heldi, he said, motioning to the girl, who was smart enough to retain her submissive posture. She interested in joining. She knows how to hunt and aspires to become a Scout, he explained. He went quiet then, glancing to Amekaze to see how she would respond to the information.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
After her arrival, things seemed to go smoothly. Information gathered so far was now hers and she peered quietly at Heldi as she listened to the rest of what Dash offered. On appearances, Amekaze could find no faults in her -- conformation and otherwise. Even considering the famine, the agouti female's looks tipped readily in her favor, so the dark alpha nodded thankfully. "I see," she said, thoughtful for a moment while she gathered her next questions.

Most of all, she was relieved to know already she aspired to be a hunter. That was another plus for her. "Where did you come from before here?" she asked, addressing Heldi. "What else do you know about Moonspear?" she also added, as it seemed relevant enough to give her plenty to answer. Amekaze wasn't interested in dragging this out for much longer, but she was a bit curious in knowing what had led her to here of all the stretches of the wilds.
115 Posts
Ooc —
Assuming that she was now supposed to speak, given that the Alpha had addressed her, Heldi spoke up. "The East. I wandered but I knew nothing of your pack before speaking with Dash."

The bastard had known nothing of the pack beforehand, only smelling them once she got halfway up the mountain. It had been a mostly impromtu decision, deciding to try her hand at the border. If they accepted her, Heldi would be a loyal member though. Just because her decision was prompt didn't mean she would leave the moment the plants grew back in.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Having gave the information he knew to Amekaze, Dash fell silent while the other two conversed. His gaze went back and forth between his Alpha and the potential new member, wondering exactly what it was that Amekaze was looking for. 

He figured there were a lot of considerations to take in account, from whether they showed respect to what they could offer. He wondered, though, if they ever denied anyone due to their gut feeling. If Ame agreed that the girl had the ability to contribute, but simply didn't like her vibe, would she be denied?
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Answers followed, and Amekaze nodded even if they were not overflowing with detail because it suited her. The east -- and since the female did not mention a specific place, she could have pried a little deeper but decided against it in that moment. She was a far better judge of character when it came down to getting to know them at a greater length anyway and already, her first impressions were nothing to drag on either. She just knew most wolves were on their best behavior when it came to greeting a pack on their doorstep; they had to be, or else their lives could be at risk.

She seemed to take a quick beat to mull it over in greater detail. "Ah, well, so long as you are loyal to our cause -- to me and my mate and this mountain, you are welcome to stay." Amekaze said, gesturing vaguely towards the peak towering overhead. "We do need the capable hunters now more than ever," she added. More or less, she was in no position to turn down someone with a sensible-seeming head on their shoulders who could help track and kill for their collective whole, but she was interested to see how Heldi may integrate into their fold with enough time..
115 Posts
Ooc —
Heldi nodded, assuming this meant she was now a member or that at the very least she would be soon. "I will be." Honour had driven her to Teekon and a that same honour was pushed into being a loyal pack member. Heldi sat aside her notions of reuniting with Zephyr and helping establish his pack. That time was done. 

The agouti glanced between the two, wondering if she should come with them now or wait for something else. Perhaps there were more questions or she had some task to prove to the pack before she could be admitted. These things varied and Heldi waited patiently to see if there was anymore to be said or done.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
It seemed Amekaze was accepting of the female, and he silently agreed they needed hunters. While large prey wasn't plentiful now, Dash figured they had to come back sooner than later, and when they did, there would be a feast like no other. Well, assuming they could catch it. 

One of the downfalls would be their strength. All the wolves had taken blows from malnourishment, and their muscles probably weren't as strong as they were before the famine. If they were able to take down prey at all, it would be exhausting. 

Dash remained silent, not having anything to contribute to the conversation, but he stayed where he was in case Ame had use of him.
Feel free to tag Dash as needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW. 
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Heldi accepted what Amekaze asked of her, so the dark alpha nodded slowly. "Welcome, then." she intoned with a soft switch of her tail. "Settle in, learn the mountain as you feel fit," Ame said. Heldi seemed.. independent enough to figure it out. Amekaze personally did not like handing out the guided tours herself. She glanced barely at Dash at her side, curious if he would stay in her company after this concluded or set her off solo. "Any questions?" she asked before she took her leave. "If not now, I am not difficult to find," she chuffed. Her scent was painted all up and down this mountainside and while she may have been reclusive at times, she didn't make it a habit to intentionally be difficult to find by her packmates.
115 Posts
Ooc —
Heldi's tail wagged but she kept the bright grin off her face successfully. She didn't know these wolves well enough yet to be herself. For now she nodded solemnly. "Thank you for accepting me."

The agouti shook her head, having no questions. She would figure it out on her own. Moving to leave, her ears tipped back to hear if there was anymore to be said.
last from me I think
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Amekaze granted her entry into the pack and Dash gave the new female a smile, his tail wagging. She seemed nice enough now, and he hoped he could get to know her better once she settled in. Once the two females had finished their conversation, Dash looked to Heldi. Welcome to Moonspear! he said, his voice friendly. 

With that, knowing he needed to continue his duties, Dash trotted along the borderline, making sure there were no trespassers or other wildlife they should be concerned with.

Last from me!
Feel free to tag Dash as needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.