Moonspear Walk in my moccasins
19 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Joining 
@Amekaze, @Charon or @Floki if you have time! ~

She was tired. She'd been traveling for days, and had lost Estella very recently. Luckily for her, it hasn't rained and she was able to track her down. Her scent trail was old and stale, and it led right here to Moonspear.  Her tail flicked back and forth as she nervously scanned the borderline. Estella had walked right over the border, she must have joined their ranks. 

So the snow queen made her desicion and plonked her bottom near the border, raising her delicate head to the sky and letting loose a howl for the Moonspear wolves. She sure hoped her nose led her to the right place, or she may never find her sister.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Approaching almost a full turn of the moon since their electrifying hunt, time had passed.. strangely in an alternating cycle of good and bad days. Bruises had faded, aches eased back (even the ones in her head, mostly), and even the exhaustion had finally begun to let go of her. She still had slow days when she did not feel like seeing anyone or doing anything (sometimes citing dizziness as her cause), but on the whole, she was considering herself well-enough to recovered.

However new symptoms evolved in their place, and now that enough time had elapsed since everything, she was finally keying into the greater implications here. But, she intended to make use of what she could. If her bladder was insistent on over-activity, then she'd wear a trail down on the borders, putting it to good purpose -- even if she was not overly invested in the notion of patrol today. It was warm, humid, and hopefully building towards some relieving rainshowers later come evening.

But for the time being, a howl pulled her down the path at a quick jog and she'd been in the vicinity, so it would not take her long to arrive. When she could see the pale coated female, her tail rose up and pace slowed. "You called?" she asked right away.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Dash had been eager to get back into the swing of things, though he was careful in doing so. Most of his time was spent patrolling, and making sure he could see correctly. The past couple of days, the blurriness had submitted to clear his vision. Part of him feared it would come back, but so far, so good. 

So, when the howl rang, Dash made his way towards it, feeling confident once again in his abilities. It took him a little time, and as the borders came into view, he could see Ame was already there. He came to a stop to her left, his nose even with her shoulder. The stranger sat before them, and Dash remained quiet- a silent guardian, ready should anything happened and Ame needed him. He openly looked the other female over in curiosity, wondering why she was here.
Feel free to tag Dash as needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW. 
19 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Late reply! x~x

The white female didn't have to wait long for her call to be answered, and a very regal wolf began to make her way up to her, head and tail high. She must be the alpha. She was black, and very striking and Pai lowered her head and delivered a lengthy how just before another black wolf appeared. She tilted her head and dressed him with a nod before turning back to the black female to reply to her question.

"My name a Paikea. I followed the scent of my sister, Estella? I believe she has joined your ranks and I wish to too. I have many things to offer to your pack," She told her, eyeing both wolves with confident yet respectful brown hues. "I am skilled with herbs and fighting - battle is what I am best at."

Paikea left it at that, letting the wolves decide if they wanted to hear more. She yearned to see her sister again, and she hoped she would be accepted in. She would work hard to prove herself, she knew she would. However, her main focus at the moment was to find 'Stella. She peeked around the black female's shoulder as if the silver body of Estella would magically appear to greet her.  ...
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
By nature of the encounter, she gave much of her focus to the newcomer right from the start. When she realized Dash's presence, she gave him a quick glimpse in silent acknowledgement. He didn't need to say anything and neither did she. But, if she needed to, there would be more than that. 

Her answers came soon enough, and the situation expanded when she mentioned Estella -- her newest recruit as of now, but one that had left her with a good first impression and no reason to doubt her so far. Amekaze nodded knowingly because she knew the sisters had been separated after traveling together. Now it just seemed their travels culminated to here, for now, at least. "She did join us recently," she confirmed. "She said you two were separated along the way. This is Moonspear," she introduced. "And I am Amekaze." Status didn't need said.

"Do you.. specialize in any sort of herbal knowledge?" she asked, hoping the phrased got her point across. Already she had wolves versed in poisons, with a small handful of others here and there. What she wanted to know was if she was more about collecting and identifying versus their application. Or maybe it was both or neither. "And where does your battle experience come from?" she asked, certainly curious. A well-versed warrior herself, she caught herself skimming her sights over Paikea in a new light; perhaps, a worthwhile sparring opponent?
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Ame accepted his presence here, and so he remained a quiet observationist, listening intently but not commenting at the moment. The stranger introduced herself, explaining that she followed her sisters scent here. It must have been recently, since Dash hadn't met this "Estella" yet. His ears perked when she listed battling as one of the skills she could offer the pack. Dash hadn't had a good spar in a while, and he knew he needed to hone his skills. 

Ame asked her questions, and Dash listened in interest, his gaze never settling on one particular wolf or object. To anyone else, it might seem he wasn't even paying attention, but he most certainly was. 
19 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Amekaze seemed very nice, and she was relieved to know that Estella was here. Having lost Thea was bad enough. If she had to be alone much longer, she would've lost it. The black wolf beside Amekaze remained silent, which did not bother Paikea one bit. She was too focused on what Amekaze was saying.

She asked if she specialized in a certain herbal area and she paused, thinking about it. "Well, I am best at knowing which herbs to use for which wound, but I guess I am also good at finding and naming them." She told her slowly. Most of it was true. She wasn't the best at scavenging for herbs, but with practice she could become quite good at it. 

Next came battle, and Pai perked up. It was her favorite! "I am mostly taught by my father, who was an exemplary fighter, but I have some self-taught moves." She said, smiling as she thought of a few. She gazed at Amekaze as she waited for the response, eager to gauge her reaction.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
The answers came and she approved so far. She could appreciate the usefulness of a warrior knowing readily how to tend certain wounds, and although this was not typically a war-faring lifestyle here upon the Spear, she always liked.. having that assurance that if it ever needed to change, they could be successful and effective -- much like the wolves her own father had lead.

Nevertheless, she would remember this and perhaps pry at the subject at a later time and maybe incite her for a spar after she was done with carrying these pups. For now, she glanced at Dash and sensed so objections on his behalf. It was shaping up for a brief encounter, but Amekaze wasn't exactly feeling like lengthy interviews right now (citing obvious enough reasons). Paikea, based on her words so far, her sister's good first impression, and what she could potentially bring them, could better prove herself with time, anyway. "Good to hear. Anticipate a spar with me then, sometime later.." she chuffed with a smirk that served to bite back a bit of frustration she started to feel towards her gravid status. Even so, more warriors suited her well. "If we -- myself, my mate Charon, and all else on this mountain --  would have your loyalty and strength here, then you are welcome to join us." Amekaze had a feeling Estella would find this news favorable too and she saw no issue with letting the female join them. So long as she could agree to that much, then it would be a sealed deal.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Their potential new member said she was knowledgeable in herbs and fighting. Dash certainly wouldn't mind having someone to spar with, as he hadn't in a while. He didn't comment on anything, however, feeling it may not be his place to. His expression was positive when he glanced to Ame, a silent approval of this stranger.

Short >_<
19 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Tail thumped gentlely upon the ground as things began to be looking good for the young woman. She smiled as Amekaze told her that she should expect a spar soon, and she nodded vigorously. "Can't wait." she told her, murky brown eyes bright. The black alpha spoke more, and as soon as she had finished the white she-wolf nodded again. "Yes. You have my loyalty." The other black wolf beside Amekaze continued to offer no words, so she casted a mare glance at him before turning back to Amekaze, excitement burning in her breast.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
"Alright, then it is official. Welcome," she said with a quick nod. Paikea was in, and Amekaze content enough with the interview that she'd let her onto the mountain. Time would have to tell how well she fit in and the dark alpha preferred not to get ahead of herself too soon. "If you have no questions, perhaps Dash could show you to a nearby cache if you would like." she motioned briefly to her nearby shadow. It was her policy not to offer guided tours herself so whatever he felt like doing with her, if anything, was up to him. She was grateful for any of it and glad she could keep this brief. "Feel free to settle in and learn the mountain as you see fit. If you need me, however, I am not hard to find," she nodded then paused long enough to see if she was needed before issuing her goodbyes then took her formal leave if there was nothing more to be said.

feel free to continue on without me or wrap up, whatever works for you guys! welcome!!
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He gave their newest member a soft smile and a wag of his tail. He turned his gaze to Ame as she suggested he show Paikea to the nearest cache. Nodding, he turned to the other female. I'd be happy to, he replied, waiting to see if that's what she wanted to do. He wasn't sure if she was even hungry or not. But, he was patient and friendly. 

Sorry this is so short! If Paikea would like Dash to take her, we can do it in this thread, or I'd be happy to start a new one for us :-)
19 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
We can do it here?

Paikea stepped gratefully over the borders, a joyous smile gracing her features. "Thank you," she told Amekae, tail swishing with more excitement. The black male who must be Dash agreed to taking her on a tour and she nodded greatfully. "That would be great!"
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
I assume you'd like to wrap your threads up, so I kinda did this in one post

His tail wagged and he gave her a smile as she stepped over the borders, trying to be friendly. Sometimes, these situations were a little weird for him, going from protective to welcoming in such a short amount of time. But, he did his best.

He turned to lead her in the direction to the nearest cache. If you need anything, I'd be happy to help, anytime, he offered. He knew coming to a new pack was more difficult for some, but either way, he would help her out if she needed it. They came to the cache, and he unearthed the buried meat before he stood back to allow her to take what she wanted.

If she wanted, he would show her around the territory a bit. Otherwise, Dash would be on his way to patrol the border some more.
19 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Course! Thank you.

Paikea smiled at the wolf's kindness and followed Dash through the trees and over the rocky landscape. He found the cache and unearthed the contents and she peered at them. To be honest, she was starving, and if she could, she would gobble up everything before her. But that was rude.

She reached down and gingerly picked up half a rabbit, letting it hang from her snowy jaws. "Thank you," she mumbled around the prey, tail swaying behind her. She settled down to eat, dropping the rabbit at her paws. "I think I will be able to find my way around now, if you needed to be somewhere. Thanks again for showing me the cache." She told him softly, tail thumping.