Moonspear this flesh, these bones
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
All Welcome 
She drifted quietly with her gait an easy walk, hovering between the edges of the midlands and the borderlands with a path that zigged and zagged lazily. Neither of her present options seemed to interest her much, so she lingered between the two main choices: picking up a proper patrol or heading back to the immediate area of the den. Which, while it was a nice den, situated appropriately (Charon had done alright with that one, admittedly), she was reluctant to stay there too much already -- likely much to her mate's dismay. She'd have plenty of time there eventually and that urge to really "nest" hadn't set in strongly yet.

Amekaze opted to wander for now a bit more towards the borders. They'd still not found much about Lazarus, which was concerning in its own right. She had not set aside much effort to think about him recently, thanks to the distraction posed by Althaia and Harley. However Lazarus' scent had taken a long time to fade from certain spots along the mountain, it seemed. He'd been attentive to them, but finally, she was noticing less and less. It helped her not think about it..

She huffed a heavy sigh, and stuck to the most shaded path she could find.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
5 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Why hello there. Here is a soft dot.

Chi narrowed her black eyes. There was a wolfy down there, a big fat ebony wolfy, and she couldn't see any special bits between the thighs so she decided it was a girl. And said girl had just walked over a bit of old grass that Chihiro really, really needed. You know, for science. And also for her stores.

So the little pika darted out from the bushes and went for it.
Chihiro's haypile is 2% finished!
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
GASPS
Her sights wandered up ahead most often, to whatever path lay before her and plotting out how she could traverse with the best shade possible. She wasn't prepared to look down until a blur of tan motion caught her sights above all else. Ame sidestepped reflexively, with a huff of a growl from being surprised by this sudden arrival. Such a bold little creature, or foolish. She had to marvel at it for what it was worth. It was not often that she was come upon by critters like these, just by basis of being predatory.

The dark alpha regrouped, and now that she had stolen a moment to observe the fuzzy rodent's doings, she pounced closer with a smirk. Hunger didn't drive it with a killing intent quite yet. In truth, she knew her normal speed and nimbleness were potentially compromised a bit right now, but she snipped her teeth towards the air near the round mammal in a test of its will anyway.
5 Posts
Ooc — Ells
The moment she started running she felt that awesome thrill. She loved the thrill. So Chi ventured onwards without a sniff of hesitation, pretending that she herself had dodged when actually the wolfy was choosing not to kill her outright.

The bit of grass was getting closer... closer... ooh it looked so emerald in the sunlight... I got it, I got it! she squeaked happily with her mouth full of her prize, still running. I got your thing of grass!
Chihiro's haypile is 2% finished!
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Dash had been intent on keeping Amekaze safe, still feeling like Lazarus would return. The dark male had become fiercely protective of his packmates upon learning of the betrayal of one of their own. Then again, he hadn’t really ever felt Lazarus was one of their own. The male had always seemed off to Dash, not someone who he would readily call a friend, by any means. Still, the fact that Ame and Charon had given him a home, and this is how he chose to repay them, just didn’t sit well with Dash.

He tried to catch up to her as often as he could to make sure she was safe. Today was no different. He followed her scent until some movement caught his attention and he paused. Seeing it was Ame, his head and tail lowered in submission, though his ears perked when a squeaky little voice reach them. He wasn’t in a position to see the little creature, and had no idea what it was talking about. He waited, wondering if Amekaze would shoo him off.
Feel free to tag Dash as needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW. 
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
As for what she was really watching here, she could not say as the little creature squeaked in joy with a mouth full of the grasses -- evidently, her grasses? Although Ame couldn't disagree with that considering the mountain that bore the grass. Only barely could she make out the baseline of the words coming from the puff, though, but she felt like she could still catch the gist of it based on the thrill on it's tone.

When she realized Dash, she glanced his way only briefly to acknowledge him and his company. She didn't know if he'd come closer right away, for she was used to him (and a few others) looming just on the edges of her perception at times. Guarding her, presumably, or just keeping tabs on what she was doing -- which right now, really was not much of productivity. She wasn't going to turn him away nor pull him in unnecessarily, however.

The instinctual thrill of watching prey was certainly present, and a mildly satisfying distraction from anything else she was doing, but for what purpose was this? And was it foolhardy bravery or just some compulsive need? Curiosity kept her watching, although she couldn't help but lick her lips thoughtfully. "Ah, but can you keep it..?" she rumbled quietly, almost playfully, and pounced for it again -- this time with more paws towards the pika, and less teeth.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Chihiro went inactive, so I hope it's okay I go ahead and post?

He watched as his Alpha female lunged at the creature, though it didn't seem so aggressive this time. He didn't take Ame as the playful type, but it seemed she was in the mood this time. He sat back on his haunches to watch, though wasn't interested in joining in on the play.

He was a little surprised that the tiny creature was brave enough to not only not run away from a predator, but to actively run towards it. But, if it had a death wish, then so be it. Ame didn't seem too interested in killing it, but if it came towards him, he couldn't say he would simply let it go.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
sure!
A few more pounces and snips of her teeth, and the little pika finally put some more distance between the alpha and itself with its little tuft of grass clutched firm in its jaws. Ame didn't pressure it again immediately, and instead, reigned back with a small glance towards Dash. He had only loomed on the edge of her periphery while she entertained the critter -- all because she was comfortable around him, and used to it, so if only for a few beats, she let the relaxation of play keep her muscles limber.

When it seemed the rodent had seen to enough of her, it darted well from her reach. Judging by the path, it wasn't heading straight for Dash, but making a quick pass closer to him. Ame just jogged a few strides over closer to Dash, curious if he may do anything about it from his own vantage point. However she was calling herself done with it before she could get too tired from pouncing around and panted softly while waving her tail lightly at him. If he did decide to pursue, she did not want to distract him just yet -- not that she had interest in seeing the little animal out for now. Her appetite did not call for small round rodents so she'd let it be.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
It seemed that Dash would, indeed, simply let the rodent go. It passed closer to him, but other than follow it with his eyes, he made no move to go after it. He did, however, sidestep in case Ame had wanted to continue her game. While he didn't fully understand it, it was still interesting to watch. 

But, it seemed the game was over, as Ame came towards him, but she stopped instead of pursuing her playmate. His tail mimicked hers in a wave as he turned his gaze back to her, though it was held lower than hers in respect to her rank. His lips formed the hint of a smile, though it was mostly to show friendliness towards his Alpha. He didn't attempt conversation, as he had nothing to say, and felt it would only cause awkwardness.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
When it would seem that the rodent would be on its way without interference from the looming wolves, Ame's attentions fell onto Dash in full and she let herself drift closer. "Not in the mood for pika either?" she said with a small smirk playing onto her features, although she was steadying her panting breaths in the meantime. In the motion that followed, she bumped her muzzle against his shoulder. At ease, companionably, she reserved such lightness for a very close few. Since she was not a wolf of many words, let alone ones to express herself personally, these were her gestures to show it.

"I hope all has been quiet on your watch lately," she sighed thoughtfully, starting to arc away from him just a bit and eyeball the path she had been on earlier to consider if she'd go further or not. But, reliable wolves like him were her eyes for now. She hoped it had stayed as quiet as it seemed, mostly because she hoped her puppies would be born into peaceful, easy days.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
When Amekaze's attention turned to him, he visibly softened, his body submissive to her. He didn't hold the same indifference to her as he might others. He shrugged at her question. I guess not, he said, since he had let the critter go. He wasn't all the hungry, and he didn't much feel like expelling the energy needed to catch it. For the first time, at least that Dash could remember, Ame made contact with him, via a nudge to his shoulder. His tail brushed the earth as it moved back and forth. 

He extended his neck with the intention of returning the gesture, though as she moved away, it went more toward her belly. He stopped before he made contact, but inhaled a breath, as if he would be able to catch the scents of the pups growing inside her. All seems to be peaceful, he replied. He hadn't scented Lazarus anywhere near the borders, or any other signs that would have made him defensive. But, he did not put anything past that traitor. 

Is there anything I can do for you? he asked, a little awkwardly. He wasn't generally in the habit of asking others what he could do for them, as he knew his place here and what was expected of him. However, with the coming of the pups, things had shifted a little, and he wasn't aware if she needed anything that he might help with. 
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Peaceful was good to hear. More than most, it was what she wanted the pups to be ushered into: a peaceful mountainside, not one tense with strife, or pressured in any way. Their earliest days were to be quiet, guarded. Just exactly to her liking and nothing short of it. She was glad to know it was going accordingly so far, so she nodded in appreciation of the good news.

At his question, she was starting to get used to it from the pack wolves. However Charon kept her well attended, her nearby caches stocked and meals delivered to boot. "Mainly.. keep up patrols. Mine get much shorter by the day," she punctuated with a frown, knowing that soon, very very soon, they would taper off to nothing and even after the puppies were born, there would be none of that for her. "I am not used to stepping back from duty in this way. But I still want to know if anything goes on," she explained with a thoughtful look. She did not want to feel wholly isolated from pack happenings just as much as she was uneasy about not making her own patrols. It wasn't like her to.. not do those things, but now was the time to change that.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He nodded quickly, knowing it would be simple for him to do what she asked, since it was already part of his daily routine. I'll extend my current one, and add in extras, he confirmed for her. He understood her circumstances, and why her own patrols would be dwindling. As the pups grew inside her, he imaged it couldn't be very comfortable to go trotting all over the borders. It was probably taking enough of her energy to simply grow the tiny wolves as it was.

He nodded again at her next request. Of course. While he generally went to Charon to update on any happenings, he supposed he would do good to include Amekaze on them, as well. While he knew she shouldn't be stressed, he wasn't going to risk his hide by hiding anything from her. No, he was not so stupid as to incur her wrath. 

As it seemed she didn't need anything from him at this moment, Dash made his leave. I'll get started on my next patrol now, I think. He had spent some time today simply following her, but as all appeared safe, he figured it would be okay to get back to the borders. But, he paused, in case she had anything else.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
He readily took to the prospect of more patrols, just as she'd suspected he might. He worked hard for the mountain and her, she knew it well, so that was certainly one thing she needed to concern herself less with. "Thank you," she nodded. Of course she would always be gleaning her share of news through Charon as well, but more would not hurt her any.

"Sounds good," she said, dipping her nose and not wanting to keep him unnecessarily. "I should get going back, too," she mentioned. Maybe by the time she moseyed the distance to the den she might be ready to rest. Either way, she was getting weary of wandering like this, so offered her farewells fondly before being on her way.