Moonspear No such thing as home anymore
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Jace slid along the darkened landscape, searching in the underbrush and the nearby tall trees for some inkling of something to eat. He smelled the Moonspear borders near, but stayed away from their front door. He wasn't really looking for anyone and he didn't really want to find anyone either. He was just happy to be near the area. His journey had been a good one, he had found some things out about himself and he was finally in a better place.

He gazed at the sky with his blue gaze, taking in the steepening darkness and the stars that were about to shine. His dark pelt blended in nicely with the shadows, and his swift step carried him further and further from the borders of his former home.

Truth be told Jace had only wanted to check the borders see if they were still there, and then he'd be on his way. He had loved Amekaze as only a boy could, but he had also known the point was moot. Especially once Charon came into the picture. Jace had tried to follow the young man, but he hadn't been able to get behind the youth as a leader.

One final look at the borders and Jace turned swiftly away heading back the way he came, and hopefully some supper.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Over the last week she'd watched as the moon waxed to full, and was now able to consider it at its brightest.

So, with this information clutched tightly, she was restless and reflective -- she had to get out. The pups were quiet enough, she'd tried to keep them busy today so they'd rest through the night. Charon seemed exhausted, and truth be told, she was tired and sore in her own ways too, but she just wanted to put some distance underneath her paws. It'd been so long; the strangest turn of the moon she'd known, no less, perhaps, and soon she was feeling ready to move forward more distinctly.

But something drew her forward, rolling her lope over the borderlands beneath the moonscape, onward still. She kept going, even when it seemed to lack a true purpose, especially with her puppies and mate waiting for her at the densite. But the motion feels good.

Yet when the winds shift and she can catch the faintest hint, an understanding deeper than before settles. The disbelief had threatened to make her waver, but she's steeled. Now it's clear, and she makes sure to cover the last swatch of distance quick, for the fear of missing him was already creeping up on her fast.

"Jace," she called out when she saw sight of the retreating silhouette in the dark. Her breath was held after, although her tail hung tense on the edge of a warm wave -- was he well? He had always been so near to her heart.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
A twitch of an ear to the sound of paw steps, he shrugged and continued on. It wasn't until his name was called on a full moon light that he turned and looked, trying to garner who had called him. It was a voice he knew, but also one that had been changed with time and something else. Turning his head he caught a glimpse of her sillouette and he wagged his tail.

Turning back towards her, he loped forward a happy grin on his face. He skidded to a stop in front of her, the ungainliness of youth long since gone. He chuffed gently and gave another wag to his tail. Hello Ame. He spoke with quiet timber to his voice, both fearful that she would grumble at him and that she would be cold. But also wondering what changed the seasons had wrought. It had been some time since he had ventured this way.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She hungrily drank in sight of him, especially when he turned towards her. Amekaze felt her conflicting sorrow and relief, among a great many other things, one of which at least seemed to be some measure of joy borne from seeing him again. Draped in the shadow of night, he smelled of nothing she recognized as noteworthy and based on the few fleeting seconds she had seen so far, he was well -- on the outside, at least.

Ame had lost count of the months since she had seen him last. Several, without a doubt. It was nearly a whole year since she'd left the Sunspire behind already, and her most recent months had been a rush of impressive heights, pockmarked now and again by strife.

So much had happened.

She fanned her ears and moved to nudge her muzzle against his shoulder with a soft, fond rumble. "I did not know you were in the area," she murmured, then leaned back to search his face in the night's dark. "It is good to see you again," she added, gently sweeping her tail and genuine in her words. She had missed him, truly, but how was she meant to even begin to show it?
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace smiled once again at her, while thoughs though nice, but also bitter sweet resounded in his head. He hadn't meant to be gone as long as he had, but it had grown easier and easier to put distance between himself and the members of the Moonspear, all but Ame. It was her alone he had missed, and she alone he would visit. He didn't care much for the others to see him, not taht he would treat them coldly should they say hello.

Jace gave a soft chuckle. I didn't know i was going to be either, or I had found a way to let you know. I was merely tracing through some old stomping grounds. You look well Ame. Jace gave her shoulder a gentle lick as she moved away and he dipped his head, and lifted it again. IT is good to see you again too.

He took a soft sniff and smelled milk and fur and babies and he wagged his tail. You are a mother?
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She listened fondly to the familiar timbre of his voice as she tried to recount just how long it had been since she'd shared his company. He'd not been so content in those days, so she felt. Her curiosities were burning brightly now though. What had he seen? Where had he gone? Where was he going? Endless, her questions could span on forever if she'd let them but with Jace.. she understood better, and thus, she respected his introversion far too much to pry blindly. But a piece was envious. If it were not for what she had found, she might have floated into the ether of the Wilds too. Almost, she'd thought to when the Sunspire failed to glow beneath her waning interest.

"Which way have you come from?" she asked, and took her solace in him sharing her sentiment. Her tail quivered softly and to his question, she nodded by means of confirming this. She'd forgotten how obvious they would be on her now. Admittedly she'd just become used to smelling like her sprogs because she was always around them. "Mhm. Strange, right?" she quipped. She had taken her time in getting to this point, and he would know better than most just how long she'd skirted the subject in her life. It still felt oddly placed upon her but she supposed she did well enough by them so far. They appeared to thrive for this span of their short lives so far.. "Four daughters. They are only a moon old now." she shared readily. Even without a formal title among her pack, he was.. family? Woven similarly? Comrades?  She didn't know, deciding there weren't the words for it, but she had felt it for a long time now.

As always, she would enjoy their exchange, no matter how brief. She'd come to understand that he would be on his way once more, but she would be certain to leave him knowing that he could find a place here -- should he want it. However if not, she understood, and would bid him a sorrow-tinged farewell when the time came.