Ravensblood Forest and now the papers are talking about sedition, and revolution
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Family meeting! First round ends in one week (11/12/2016). I'm thinking maybe 3-4 rounds max? For the sake of not having this meeting be horrendously long I pp'd that all of The Family arrived so Arturo could start his monstrous monologue. ;p @Furiosa , @Isley , @Palisander , @Olive , @Cam , @Chusi

[table width=85%][tr][td]
The Family came to his call. Arturo settled upon his haunches at the proverbial head of the table, his gaze sweeping over all of them with a strong sense of pride. He inhaled deeply as they settled themselves before his salmon pink tongue drew across his jowls once. There was a lot to cover in this meeting. “Alright, everyone's here,” He did a mental head count, naming them off. The two Comhlach's were absent but this was how it went. They were not officially apart of The Family and as Associates they were kept in the dark of the inner workings of The Family. “To get this family meeting started on a good note, a congratulations goes to Isley and Palisander who are Teaghlaigh's first mated pair,” He offered the pair a warm smile, his tail wagging against the bracken forest floor. “Chusi has been promoted to the rank of Oidhre. She has become my official apprentice,” groomed to become a someday leader, should she not fail. He had faith that she would do just fine and with his guidance she might surpass him one day. “For those that may not be aware Furiosa is our Póilín — my right hand and red herring. She has been such since she joined us but as to keep her role as my red herring among us I've waited until the Family meeting to come forward publicly with it.”

He hated speeches. But there was much to cover and it would launch him into a monologue. In some ways, Arturo dreaded it. “As I have expressed with a few,” Namely Isley but he didn't want to single out his impeccable trust of her. “I have some breeding rules. I'm not a hard man to get along with,” A cheeky grin was given to that. He supposed the opinions on that differed from wolf to wolf, but as he liked to believe it to be truth he stated as such. “but I will not tolerate pregnancies I have not given permission for. You come seek my permission before you breed. If you do not come to me first I will deal out consequences based on the case. I do not ever want to make the choice of taking life of the innocent or having to disassociate anyone from this Family but you all should know I take Teaghlaigh's survival seriously. Pups are taxing for the parents and the pack. So do yourself and me the favor and come seek my permission first, eh?” His gaze swept over all of them. “I turned down a woman at our borders a few days ago who had been in her estrus cycle and had allowed a male to take her before seeking to join us. I do not take risks when it comes to Teaghlaigh.” And he would enforce the rule The Family before All Else as he expected them all to do.

“Which brings me to my next matter. We will decide upon it as a Family so I encourage each of you to weigh in your opinion on this as I have not made a decision either way. It affects all of us," He rose to his paws then, unable to stay still. His tail lashed behind him, his expression contemplative. “I've always conformed to the idea that once apart of The Family, always apart of The Family. I understand that our paths sometimes diverge, but if you've noticed one is missing from our meeting,” He spoke of Aster, of course, though he was not overly sure how many of them knew her. “Aster has left us for a pack not far from us. Not one that I am familiar with, I did not recognize the scent upon her coat. She left us for her pregnant cousin,” It should have been a noble cause so then, why did it burn him so? “I am not sure how to proceed with what should become of her place among us. She did not talk to me about it, did not try to first settle on alternatives. She simply came back and told me she was leaving, her mind made up. So now I ask you, as a Family, what are your opinions of this? Should she be welcomed back as apart of The Family if she should ever come back? Or is she banished from us and our territories?” Perhaps he was the only one that felt slighted, like their loyalty to her meant nothing. Was a thing that could so easily be traded in with an assurance that she could come back whenever she felt like it. It had been abundantly clear to him that she had made up her mind and thus even when he mentioned visitation rights as a chance to get her discuss alternatives she had not addressed them. He did not want to welcome her back, personally, but he would go with what they decided.

It was here that Arturo gave pause, gave them the chance to process what he had thrown at them, and to decide how they felt about Aster's abandonment. He expected each of them to offer him their opinion, their perspective, and he was willing to listen, was willing to admit that he was wrong in feeling slighted if that was the consensus. There was much yet to discuss, and to allow Isley to give her demonstrations but one matter at a time. The purpose of the family meetings was to allow everyone their voice and so Arturo deigned to listen.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Of course Chusi took place close to Arturo - not only because he was her father now, but because she felt like that is where she belonged. For a moment she considered sitting next to Cam, but knew things might get a little awkward. So, she settled onto her haunches, giving all who had come a warm smile. She was surprisingly happy to not see the blind woman here, and couldn't wait to meet the faces she hadn't met yet. Arturo's words came back to her; A leader is nothing without subordinates. Arturo was nothing without them all but her father, yet Chusi found that they were incomplete without him. It really was a partnership, this leading thing, and Chusi felt only slightly nervous. Her ears perked when the meeting started, listening curiously and following Arturo's gaze to a pair. Isley! She knew her! But this Palisander she hadn't met yet. Mated pair? What did that mean though?

Her chest was puffed out and her fluffy tail swept over the floor when her name was also called, but not arrogantly so. She was just proud that she had displayed the traits of a leader, and was trying hard not to let all these wolves down. Another name was called she did not recognize, but this time Arturo didn't look at who it was. Then the conversation started getting more interesting. Breeding? Pregnancy? Estrus? Taking someone? Chusi could not help but think it had to do something with "fuck", because these were all things she did not yet know. She squinted at Arturo, almost silently begging him to tell what he was talking about, but keeping her mouth shut. He was not done, and so she'd safe the question for later. 

Her father continued, and stood up, but Chusi did not follow. Her ears perked when the name Aster was fallen - immediately connecting the dots. She had left them. Chusi smiled. Good, she did not like the female very much and she was pretty much useless with her disability to see. Her gaze went to Isley, to see if she were just as happy with the fact Aster was gone. Chusi decided to take the first step - let her mind speak before someone else might change it. Aster was a strange woman. She begun, her voice clear and without shame. This was just her opinion, and she hoped she would not offend anyone with it. She claimed she wanted to b'come a warrior - yet she could nut see. In mah opinion, I think it's gud she's gone - even if tha' means we are with less wolves. If she thinks we're not as gud as the pack she left us for, I don't think she deserves a place among us anymore. When she was finished, she felt her cheeks grow hot. She had said what she had wanted to say, and was proud for doing so.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Isley had taken a space next to Palisader with her herbs bundled near them both. She smiled up at the male when they were mentioned, announced properly as mates. Her green eyes fixed on Arturo, listening intently as he laid out the rules of breeding - the rights she had a small glimmering hope to invoke when spring came. She still wasn't sure and perhaps they wouldn't be ready - there would be time yet to figure it out though. Another wolf had disrespected them however and Arturo explained that the blind wolf was no longer one of theirs. Certainly she had left her family for something understandable, were they unreasonable and unwilling to work with someone. 

Arturo put it to them to make the decision of if she was welcome or not and Isley couldn't see it being worthwhile to see her return. "We could have worked it out, I could even have sent her with herbs to help her cousin but I do not appreciate that she had come to the conclusion about her situation alone. It does not speak to what our Family is." Isley would not have left even to tend to Gotham without consulting them, getting their opinions. 

"I would expect betrayal from her should she return - her loyalty does not seem to be to us first, but herself." It was a ruthless line to draw but Isley had understood when they became part of the family it was for a reason. The family came first. 

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander sat down, Isley close to him. The male grinned when they were mentioned. He lifted his muzzle a bit in pride but dropped it soon after the mention. He was not that arrogant, besides he was still a wolf with a rank, and he did not live in the upper ranks. He turned to Isley briefly when Arturo continued his story, mainly about breeding rights. Palisander did not feel like it was directed towards him, mainly because he really didn't feel anything to having his own young yet. The male rather wanted to explore life with Isley in this pack.

He let Chusi and Isley voice their opinion and Palisander nodded slowly. "I think we should review each case independently, as it turns out, as I agree with the others. She did not show loyalty so I do not feel like showing loyalty in return to her. She has not been with us long to from any type of bond, at least not for me. If it was someone who has proved their loyalty we could perhaps more lenient but for now I vote banishment," he spoke calmly. He had not even met this Aster, so for him it couldn't even more impersonal.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive was tingling. It was a meeting - of the family! The family that she was a valued member of, and that felt good. The desire for a family had lay latent within her for quite a while when she traveled alone, but recently awoke with incredible strength.  A wolf like Olive craved the comforts of a group, the strategy… the innate together-ness of it all. They seven of them were just insignificant presences among the incredible macrocosm of existence, just struggling through life together. Together. Her initial reservations about joining a pack melted away weeks ago; Destiny had come to meet her.  She figured that she could either embrace it, or turn away. 

So when Arturo her Ceannasach loosed a howl for a family meeting, the multicolored pixie answered the call as fast as her dainty, cream feet would take her.  She wasn’t the first to arrive, however. The femme sat on the ground as Ceannasach began to speak, listening with the heartiest intent. 

First order of business: Mates! Olive huffed with happiness towards the couple, grinning excitedly. Love, one of the best things life had to offer. Love lit the hearts of wolves and lifted them to a different plane of existence. It was truly fabulous news, but she would have to congratulate Palisandar and his mate afterwards… Arturo had moved onto news about Chusi and Furiosa.

The topic quickly segued to that of breeding rights. It was an important, strict aspect of having a pack that Olive was still in the process of accepting. It felt strange to have another [in addition to the couple] so involved in one of life’s most intimate decisions. Olive figured that she could just store this in her memory for now, as she was not planning on reproducing any time soon. She wasn’t ready for kids [not with so many interesting nooks and crannies of pack life for her to explore] and furthermore… she wasn’t part of the newly announced, mated pair. 

Then, the news of Aster came and Olive was immediately saddened. She visibly grimaced as she took in the news of Aster’s leave. Olive had become quite fond of the white woman. They bonded in Ravensblood Forest [as unintentionally she spun Eden’s tale] and made the same promises to the family. Teaghlaigh. Olive fondly remembered howling with the family, beautifully willing Teaghlaigh into existence [with Aster close by her side]. Olive figured that this [betrayal] was another one of those negative aspects of pack life she would have to come to accept. The more you care for another, the more power you give them to hurt you. 

Olive swallowed her emotions and lifted her head; Arturo wanted their opinions on this situation. So far, they were 3/3… banish her. Olive agreed. 

“I…” She stammered at first, finding it difficult to mask her emotional gut reaction. “I… agree. They speak pure satya… pure truth.” She gestured to Chusi, Palisandar and Isley, using a foreign word she learned from her mother. “We’re too new of a state to forgive this type of action. She no longer had a place among our trust…my trust, at least.” She turned her green eyes back to Arturo, alive with conviction. “I am a believer in cosmic karma and I don’t want the family to be near when it strikes.”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

72 Posts
Ooc —
Furiosa loomed off to the side, apart of the Family as her presence dictated, but inherently other as displayed by her distance from them. She had taken up a position to watch them all, observing everyone as they looked at Arturo and his adopted daughter, and then observing them as they looked out over everyone else. The pale wretch sat with her chin lifted and her dark eyes glittering -- though whether it was with pride or madness, none could tell.

When her name was mentioned, she cleared her throat, briefly drawing the eye of the crowd. "As the 'red herring,' it's my job to take the brunt of opposition from the head of our Ceannasach. If anyone outside of The Family should ask who leads here, you tell them it's me. That way,  if anyone has a bone to pick, they'll be picking it with the helmet instead of the head." Furiosa didn't mind her role, in fact, it invigorated her. Deceiving others was a private delight, and not one she often partook in given how brutally honest she tended to be; she could only hope that the rest of The Family would be as careful with the charade as she and Arturo intended to be about it.

The dark-masked leader pressed on then, addressing breeding rights -- which she hardly paid attention to -- before mentioning Aster. Her tattered ears twitched, eyes drifting from wolf to wolf as they offered their unanimous opinions on the matter of their first deserter. Furiosa only grinned. "Personally, I'd hate to wait on karma to do her bidding..." she mused, clearing thinking of hunting down the girl without honor herself; "but I suppose banishment will have to do."
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
round two! this round will end on 11/19/2016. @Furiosa , @Isley , @Palisander , @Olive , @Cam , @Chusi

The general consensus was in agreement with his own thoughts: Aster would not be welcomed back. One did not speak up and Arturo forfeited the vote accordingly. “Banishment it is, then,” He spoke with a sage nod. He was not disappointed by the consensus and thought he had vowed to find her and bring to her The Family's decision he was content to have that matter settled. One less in the pile that was more or less never ending. “Speaking of banishment,” He gave a soft clear of his throat ready to broach onto the next topic of conversation. “You should all be made aware that there was an ...unpleasant altercation on our borders recently. A male by the name of Zephyr, black, green eyes with white markings and scars is not permitted near our borders or in our surrounding territories. If he's caught you are to kill on sight. If you do not feel comfortable with it then you bring him to me,” On this there was no vote. “His crimes are as stands: he has slighted and hurt Chusi and thus he has slighted and hurt us as a whole.” It was the protective ferocity of a father that glinted like fiery-red orange steel in his eyes. “If she is willing and you'd like more information on him I suggest going to Chusi directly.” He doubted any of them would pry if she was unwilling to tell them about (one of) her former caregiver(s) and thus he did not feel the need to add the warning on the end of it. While he did not particularly believe Zephyr to be a immediate threat to Teaghlaigh Arturo did not ever count his enemies out. The order to kill on sight was a precaution as much as it was his due punishment for daring to slight (and hurt) The Family.

“A few weeks ago I parlayed with Donnelaith's — Blackrock Depth's neighboring pack — leader, Deirdre. I have been thinking about forming an alliance with them as well, and together we discussed a possible alliance between us. Chusi and I, personally, have a few good friends there,” Well perhaps Chusi had more than one and Arturo wouldn't necessarily pin Lotte as a friend since he definitely wanted more than friendship from the scarfed mummer but that wasn't important to the meeting. “Donnelaith is a pack of healers and though we have healers standing among us I cannot see where having their knowledge and abilities on our side will cause any harm.” In fact, he was hoping that his healers and Deirdre's could exchange knowledge. The more his aspiring healers knew: the better. “For their skills and knowledge she only asks that we give her and her wolves protection when they need it.” It was a good business deal, in his mind. The payment of knowledge and practices of the healing arts for protection. “And in that we would not be alone. The terms of her alliance with Blackrock Depths is the same as ours.” Their combined alliances would make them a triad of force and knowledge and Arturo saw all the benefits that it could reap. “So, what are your thoughts on this proposition? I think we should accept it, but I will adhere to the collective decision,” He told them giving pause for only a moment before adding: “If we do accept should we offer her anything else? Or keep the deal simple?” Deirdre hadn't asked for much, admittedly. They had the floor now and his ears cupped forth to offer each of them his rapt attention as they gave their opinion to The Family.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander frowned when he heard that there was something at the borders. He didn't know that had happened and he kind of felt like a bad packmate for not knowing. Though he really didn't see himself as a fighter or guardian. The male decided that this was how he would get his news if Isley hadn't caught the news and would tell him later at night. It did gave him a hint of dislike that the male attacked Chusi. He was not that into the child, nor ever talked to her but she was part of their family now so Palisander would protect her if needed and he would kill on sight if needed. He disliked the act of killing so perhaps he would just bring the male to Arturo.

Then the next topic arose and Palisander looked to the side at Isley. She was their main healer or at least that was what she was going to pursue, with him helping her. He would be more of a naturalist perhaps and help her. His ears fell back a bit, because if they would have this alliance then their job would basically be overruled? The tan male disliked that idea, though then again, it would be nice to have a safety net for if he and Isley would not be able to heal their pack mates. "I assume we would favor our own healers first before going there? They would basically be a safety net right?," he asked because otherwise he would have to focus on a different task in this pack if they were not needed anymore.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Isley could feel the concern rising off Palisander and she leaned against him, rubbing against his shoulder as if to soothe him. "We are all masters of the arts - different lessons can be learned and exchanged between us." She said evenly. She wasn't expecting that they would know more than she did, but, she didn't know them either. "There is always more to learn, after all." She of course wanted to offer her own knowledge and be trusted over strangers outside their pack but she couldn't argue the chance to learn more. "I do not feel we should extend our graces even more, however. We need our efforts to be within the pack itself as winter approaches, there is still so much to do although we have done so much in such a short time." Isley was wary of another alliance, but, what could be done? They would have to see how things panned out. 

She and Arturo had already discussed Zephyr, she knew where her alliance lay. She had at least spent some time with Chusi, she knew she would protect the girl at all costs. "On that note, I would be happy to teach anyone with interest about some herbs that can be used should you be beyond the pack lands when time is of the essence." Isley offered. "And anyone interested in learning more - just come find me."

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
I’m assuming a loose post order?

Zephyr. Black with white markings, green eyes, kill on site – got it. Kill on site gave Olive pause, even if he did hurt Chusi - but she understood that Arturo’s principles were talking here.  The peaceful warrior doubted that Ceannasach would expect her to exterminate another living, breathing wolf. Still, Olive was not apt to test out this theory - but she would protect Chusi in whatever nonviolent way she could muster.

What deeply interested Olive was the next topic of discussion, Teaghlaigh’s alliances with the surrounding packs. A smile drew across her maw; she understood these types of politics, finally! The dove had studied their communion with Blackrock Depths and knew what demeanor was expected of her when it came to these strange [yet intimately familiar] wolves. The new name that crossed Arturo’s lips was Donnelaith. Donnelaith! Olive was charmed by the idea of aligning with the pack of healers. The hoyden had experienced their powers firsthand that fateful day at the Totoka River when Deirdre quite literally plucked her from the woefully saturated hands of death. Their meeting had been brief, but consequential. The she wolf had every intention of paying off her debt.

To Olive’s surprise, Palisander and Isley seemed disgruntled by the idea. Olive understood the fear of having their purpose usurped and Teaghlaigh left dead in the cold of the oncoming snows – but this was a great opportunity that Olive would not leave underutilized.

“I must politely disagree,” Olive started softly, gracefully lifting her body from her reclining position to a potent stance. “I don’t believe that we could find a more appropriate ally. I have not confided this to the family until now, but I owe Donnelaith’s young queen my entire existence. Before I became a part of this family, I was exploring the river that cuts through Ravensblood Forest and divides the coast. The river tried for my life, but it was not my time to leave this earth – Deirdre was my divine intervention. She saved me. Though I am only acquaintances with her, I (quite literally) trust her with my life. I would say the same for any wolf vetted by and associated with her.” She divulged, her timbre lowering at the memory of the scene. It was embarrassing when spoken out loud, as the situation sounded like a childish, puppyhood mistake. But the truth of it was terrifying: the rushing water sweeping her downstream, battering her…her heavy, waterlogged coat and her struggling, ineffective legs. She acutely remembered the sting of inhaled water in the back of her skull as she struggled to keep her head above the current. The element of water had not forsaken her since, but the women now found that she had a difficult time interpreting songs of the lakes, rivers and oceans anymore.

"I understand Isley's concerns about the oncoming winter - perhaps we could strike an accord that included sharing winter resources, supplies, herb stores and food caches, should one of our packs fall upon leaner times?"

I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Again, the conversation went to something what Chusi was all too familiar with. She had to blink a few times when Arturo said even the name of the filth that had hurt her so badly, but kept it together. She needed to be strong - for herself, and for Arturo. She pointed her muzzle a little further into the air, looking a little prouder (and taller) to perhaps mask that the words of "kill on sight" were hurting her as well. Yes, she had even wished to kill Zephyr herself, but to hear it from her father again... She was not happy that it had turned out like this, and hoped that Zephyr had hurt himself just as much by throwing her offer on the ground right before her very eyes. There 's nothin' more to say 'bout him. He's just filth. She said bitterly.

The more, the bettah. Three packs are strongah than just one, and I 'lready trust both Blackrock Depths and Donnelaith. They took great care 'f meh. She said when it was her turn to speak up and nodded at Olive's words. I agree. We could work togethah when wint'r comes. She knew not what winter looked like yet, or what it felt like, but she had not heard many great things about. It was supposed to get colder and no one seemed to look forward to it. That frightened her somewhat.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
72 Posts
Ooc —
Furiosa was more than a little miffed about the tide of the conversation, concerning Donnelaith. She was a possessive animal, and the less wolves able to swing by freely, the better. Their borders were already presumed to be quite open to Blackrock, and it made no sense to continue the trend with others. This was not her only reason, though. Her experience with the healing tribe had not been wholly pleasant -- Ansbjørn had been more than welcome company, but her superior, the shadow who lingered like a spy and did not speak, had inadvertently rubbed the red herring the wrong way.

"If we must use them, then let's. But I'm not for offering them the same amenities as our friends in Blackrock." She was incredibly biased too, because of her love for Doe, but that didn't presently way in on her decision. "I would've opposed some of the allying terms with the Depths if they hadn't already been agreed on... more simply put, I don't like the idea of anyone other than us, Teaghlaigh, having unrestricted access to these woods." It couldn't be helped that Blackrock already had that invitation -- but if she could prevent the same deal from being brokered with Donnelaith, then she would.

"I'll accept a trade pact any day, but one of free-range? ...No. I detest it." But Arturo already knew this; her words more for everyone else's consideration, than his.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
I'm a day late with this, oops. This round will end next Sunday, 11/27/2016 — and there's no posting order so no worries! :-) @Furiosa , @Isley , @Palisander , @Olive , @Chusi

Palisander was the first to speak up, inquiring if they would favor their own healers first. Isley piped up soon after, perhaps to assure her mate. “Our own healers will always be our first call,” Arturo was quick to assure the other male shortly after Isley did. He would never choose another over Isley if he could help it. “As Isley spoke, I was thinking more of along the lines that it would benefit to allow our healers to mingle and share their knowledge but that they would be at our disposal if our healers became overwhelmed.” The only time Arturo could see that happening was in all out war and as it was not something he willingly sought he did not foresee it being an immediate issue to be called upon any time soon. Isley spoke that she did not think that they should extend the same freedoms that Blackrocks Depths had and Olive spoke up in polite disagreement. Arturo listened to Olive as she spoke, in turn giving her his rapt attention as she offered an explanation as to why she thought they should share their resources.

Chusi chimed in agreement with Olive and then Furiosa spoke. Palisander hadn't given an actual opinion on it either way, though the gangster suspected he was not for the same conditions of alliance that Blackrock Depths had. Still, this left a stale-mate and it was up to him to broker the end negotiation. Though Deirdre had made an impression upon him he mostly (truthfully) thought of Lotte when he spoke of Donnelaith. “Deirdre seemed to be perfectly fine with the negotiations her and I discussed: their healers for our protection. She wanted nothing more from us and offered us nothing more in return. I think we should stick to the deal her and I parlayed. Keep it simple. It can always be amended in the future if needed.” Arturo decided. He doubted the terms of their business deal would need to be amended and though he knew his answer might not settle well with everyone he hoped that it might sate them. The young queen of Donnelaith had been content with what they had proposed to one another and that was good enough for Arturo. The less complicated a deal was: the better.

Isley spoke up about healing and his gaze slid back to her. “You spoke to me of wanting to instruct us on the basic healing arts. We are all gathered and the floor is yours if you'd like.” Arturo beckoned to the Leifteanant, giving her the opportunity to if she still wished for it.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
 sorry for holding things up guys! My retail job + family visiting has killed my time, sorry loves :c

Isley perked up some when she was addressed, given the floor as she had expressed interest in teaching. The few herbs she had with her and had managed to gather fresh and already had some dried were laid out neatly in front of her. "I had prepared just a few simple, easy to find options to ensure that anyone could find them, should they need them. She  explained. She picked up a marigold plant, turning so the yellow flower could be seen. "You won't find many left, but come spring, the marigold is bountiful. It has a bitter taste but will help heal small wounds and fight infection from setting in."  

The next was Chervile, it's sprigs of leaves a little harder to identify. "If you happen to find this plant, Chervile, it and its roots are useful. The leaves will settle an upset stomach, the roots will treat and defend against infection."  She had also brought Tormentil to show, it's yellow flowers faded somewhat. "These plants, the Tormentil, don't usually reach higher than your shoulders and are good for not only infections but fighting weak poisons - it can make the difference between life and death if ingested early enough."  Isley didn't want anyone worrying of course, but, she had to explain herself properly. 

"It is a small sample of what I have found both within our borders and outside -  should any of our scouts seek travel I would happily prepare a bundle of my stock as a preventative."  She said as she stepped back to return to Palisander's side. 

775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Arturo matter-of-factly determined to keep their pact with Donnelaith simple and Olive nodded in agreement. It wasn’t the decision she was hoping for, but Ceannasach’s word was law and Olive was remiss to challenge their leader. He then announced the next order of business: Isley was to present several of her healing herbs to the family, for the purpose of learning the basics of the art. Olive was not a healer and had no innate desire to be, as her abilities leaned more towards the metaphysical and spiritual. Purity and cleansing was less of an immediate earthly need than physical pain relief and the ability to fight infections - but important all the same. 

Olive turned a keen ear towards Isley and listened intently; it was an unintentionally consequential act, for Olive would need these skills to aid a certain dark warrior that would soon appear on their doorstep. When Isley’s demonstration concluded and she returned to her position, Olive took mental stock of the plants she presented: marigold, chervile and tormentile. They grey woman recognized marigold and tormentile, but chervil was new to her. 

“For the healing of injuries - are the plants to be ingested or applied as a poultice directly to the wound?” Olive purled, genuinely curious and unsure of the answer.

When a momentary silence eventually fell over the family, Olive noisily shifted her body in the hope of nonchalantly attracting Palisander’s attention. Olive had not forgotten her and Palisander’s premeditated deal. He was to watch over the moonstone with the purpose of a scholar, learning the healthful properties of the earth’s milky treasure. His duty was to study the moonstone and chaperon the it to the next family meeting - the meeting that they were currently attending. The sylph’s forest-hued gaze was palpable on the male, mutely communicating that he better have brought the stone and that this was a prime opportunity to present it to Ceannasach.  Olive spoke naught [preferring for the male to disclose the moonstone to the family] in order to protect herself from embarrassment should he had broken their agreement and cached the gemstone for his own.

91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander watched as Isley took the stage. He watched her with pride in his orange eyes. He listened carefully though because this was something he could use in the future. His eyes followed each of the plants, remembering them along with their faint scent. Hopefully he could help Isley find more of these plants come spring.

His eyes were on Isley the whole time, not even hearing Olive's question or how she was shifting her body. Palisander had that playful smirk on his face while watching his mate. She was the better one of them two, most definitely. When there was a moment of silence he cleared his throat. After all he didn't need the reminder from the other female that the stone needed to be given.

Palisander was careful, one that knew key moments. This was a key moment in his eyes seeing that this would determine Olive her trust in him. "I'd like to present something too. Olive found a moonstone a week ago," he started speaking, of course first giving credit where credit was due. It would only help boost the trust he was creating. "A moment," he spoke and then trotted off. He grabbed the stone from under a bush he hid there and then returned with the moonstone in his mouth. He placed it before Arturo's feet. "To Olive knowledge they have healing properties too hence why it was currently in my possession so Isley and I could find out the healing properties. Yet, as promised to Olive I would present it to you, Arturo, at the next family meeting. It is a gift from us to show our respect and gratitude. We would like it if you would keep it close and in your possession so we can call upon it if we may need it."

Palisander lifted his muzzle a bit proudly and looked at Olive if he said that right. He paused briefly so she might add something, or perhaps even Isley wanted to add something.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
forgive me, fam *sneaks a second post into this round*

Success! Olive was overjoyed, but kept her repose. Only a grey smile upon her maw gave evidence to the mirth within. Of course she could trust Palisander - in fact, she should have never doubted him. He was family. In fact, the filly felt a bit remorseful of the quick assumptions she assigned Palisander and made a silent promise to herself to [from that moment forward] trust the wolves of Teaghlaigh implicitly. 

He strode in front of the gang moonstone-in-mouth, laid the stone in front of Arturo and presented it to him. Hooray! As words were said, Olive’s attention turned from Palisander to Ceannasach and her eyes searched for signs of his satisfaction. 

“We hope you like this gift,” Olive spoke in a rich alto; loud enough for all to hear, but clearly directed towards only one. Then, she sat back.

630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
I'm going to leave this open for anyone that wants to tack on an ending reply but it's not necessary! <3 I'll archive it on December 26th.

Isley took the floor and offered them her knowledge. Arturo did his best to pay attention but the names of her plants seemed to go in one ear and out the other. There was a small rush of adrenaline as he thought very briefly of Riptide before he banished the parasite from his thoughts, still afraid that he might be summoned to conquer his conscious if he dwell upon him though it had been many months since Arturo had felt the parasite's influence. Still, Arturo did not deign to forget lest ignorance summon the witch doctor from the depths of his subconscious once more. Arturo watched as Palisander rose and departed, inquiring for a moment. The male came back and placed something at Arturo's paws.

Arturo's gaze lowered to it to inspect it. It was a beautiful thing, opalescent, and milky with stunning shades of blue, as if it captured a star within it's center and it burned from within it's stone prison; as if to prove to himself how utterly smitten he was with the Donnelaith mummer he thought instantly of her eyes as he gazed upon the stone, and his breath caught in his throat for the briefest of seconds. His gaze flickered from the stone that reminded him of his nightingale's eyes to focus back on Palisander as the male explained that he and Olive believed it to have healing properties and that it was a gift. To him.

His gaze moved then to Olive as she spoke to him. “Thank you, both of you. It is very beautiful,” And they would never know just how much the small gem meant to him. Both as a gift and because of whom it reminded him of. Arturo struggled for a moment. Expressing emotions wasn't anything he was very good at. “I will keep it safe.” He settled for instead, offering them a dip of his head in gratitude and promise. “If no one has anything else to add to the meeting then I think we've made good progress. I will set out for Donnelaith when I can to conclude the deal with Deirdre.” He concluded with a wag of his tail. They got a good bit accomplished as a Family today and his pride for them was insurmountable.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth