Blacktail Deer Plateau Powerplant
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
All Welcome 
She hadn't really expected anybody to still be here, but it was still disappointing. The place where she had been born was quiet, almost eerily so, as she meandered along the sharp cliffs of the plateau. She recalled with surprising clarity seeing her father doing border patrol, Junior and Saena running around, Pura being the weirdo he always had been. Innocent times, those had been.

Junior was dead, and who knew where Saena and Pura had gone to. Peregrine was likely still at Redhawk Caldera, but Ty had no intention of going there to see him. It would only bring up all those bad childhood memories again, and he was likely busy with his children this year. She had always been a disappointment to those she had tried so hard to please, so she had stopped trying to please anybody but herself.

This past year had been spent traveling on her own, exploring the world, and trying not to starve in the process. She had become a better hunter, a better scout, and maybe even a better wolf.
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Silver and grey paws had followed a river inland, away from the confort of the ocean. Already the roaring grew distant on her ears, making her head spin from the lack of it. Her legs slightly wobbly on the stiff ground, no longer used to the solid form of the forest floor. Shalon watched the trees gently fall away and disappear into the background, opening into an open field. The grass a lushes green, the coming of spring surprised the fae slightly. Amused she only shook her head and smiled to her self. Her nose dropped to the ground as she caught the recent scent of another. Turning her head slightly she saw the dark wolf. Slowly she approached, making no effort to mask her approach. Shalon wanted the girl to hear her, preventing any adverse reactions. "Hello." Shalon said, lack of emotion in her voice. Perhaps that other wanted to be alone.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Somebody else approached, and Ty turned to see a grey wolf heading toward her. Cautious, but friendly, Ty remained relaxed when the other wolf greeted her with a simple "hello." "Hi," she replied, "I'm Tytonidae." Introductions were a mundane but decidedly necessary part of life, especially when interacting with others. And while Ty rarely encountered the same wolf twice, she did do her best to remember names and faces.

"Do you live nearby?" she asked, wondering if this female was a loner like herself or an established member of some pack nearby. It was clear that nobody lived in this immediate area, but Ty figured there were other packs around.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon dipped her head in greeting as the fae responded, "I am Shalon." She responded in kind, it was rude to ignore an opening such as this. Shalon took the time to commit this faes name to memorize her name and her features. Taking a small step forward, Shalon shook her head, no. "Unfortunately not. Do you?" A simple question for a simple conversation. She looked around, silver orbs catching in the sunlight. A most curious place, the multi-hued woman contemplated as she returned her gaze to Tytonidae, the midnigth black younger woman before her. She awaited her answer, wondering what the woman was doing out here. She to could tell that this was unhibatiated territory. "What are you doing out here? On your own?"
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Shalon. Tytonidae committed the name—and the wolf—to memory, even though she assumed this would be a one-time encounter. The "unfortunately" tacked onto her response was an interesting development, and Ty wondered if she had lived here before, just as Tytonidae had. The question was repeated back to her, innocently enough, but other, less-innocent questions were tacked on. Interrogating, even.

"I used to live here," Ty replied with a shrug, attempting not to blow things out of proportion. "I'm reminiscing, I suppose."
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon spoke gravly, with a deep nod of her head. She paused for a moment, thinking about the words spoken, and understanding fell upon her. "A dangerous prospect for some." The silver and tanned fae often felt as though she was a stranger of her past, never truely present when she found the time to think of her past.

"Returning to land that brings you memory, good or bad, takes courage." A courage that Shalon herself would not partake, she had avoided the Teekon territory which laid in the far south east. It was just easier.

Shalon had no desire to disturb Tytonidae's trip down memory lane, "I apologize for the disruption." Thinking for a moment she took a step away as if to leave before turning quizically back to the other woman, "Shall I leave?"
Shalon's Pawprints 
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Tytonidae shrugged. Her life here, while turbulent, had not been particularly unpleasant. Her father had always been supportive, and she didn't have the searing hate for her mother that Junior had acquired. Idly, she wondered if either Saena or Pura were still around, but that seemed unlikely. Once out of the nest, all the children seemed to have gone their separate ways. Ty honestly couldn't remember the last time she'd seen her cousling.

"No need," Ty replied with a pleasant smile. She had all the time in the world to relive (or not relive) her childhood memories. Wasn't it just as good to make new memories? "I was going to swing by the outer edge and check out the cliffs. Would you like to join? I could use the company." Ty was never shy when it came to inviting others along. All that time spent by herself had taught her to cherish companionship. But Shalon didn't seem interested, and Ty was eager to move on, so she did just that, waving her tail in a quick goodbye as she left the other wolf to her own devices.

Archiving this, since it's been over a month since a reply. Feel free to revive. :)