Morningside Cuesta Hot, Too Hot
353 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
Heartha knew what was coming. The one time she wished wouldn't come soon. And yet, she wanted it more than anything in the world. And she would get it in any way she could to get it. Her heat was to be coming soon. She wanted to be a mother once more, to feel how being a mother is once more. She missed her own litters in the past. Missed the feeling of caring for the young, her own young.

So she howled out for @Grayday and @Sylvas Streiter, as she knew she would need their permission first, the same way Khoe had gotten their permission, as well as her own. Heartha would show she was a capable mother. She would show all of them, she would get a litter once more. But, she knew very well she could not do so without disobeying her alphas.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday, lying comfortably against @Khoe's side, was far too relaxed to get up and go traipsing across the territory. His ears twitched at the sound of Heartha's howl, and then fell back when he recognized his name in the sound. She was looking for him - summoning him, perhaps - but Day was not in the mood to be summoned. He huffed out a sigh and cast a long-suffering glance toward his mate, wondering what the fuss could be about.

I'm here, he howled back, tipping his own muzzle skyward. A moment later, though, he'd rested his head back against Khoe's flank, intent on enjoying himself until Heartha arrived.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Family is not an important thing. It is everything.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Serious apologies for my late reply, work has been super tiring lately. Also @Heartha, I've left it so you can meet Sylvas on the way to Day if you like and have them discuss it as they walk. It's up to you :)

Sylvas had been patrolling the borders when Heartha's howl reached his ears, the male's hind leg gradually lowering as he finished placing his last mark to the territory. His nose twitched as he remained in place for the moment, inhaling the aroma of his packs scent around the edges of the land, till his amber eyes peered in Heartha's direction. What did she want?

Large paws quickly stepped across the warm ground, though his pace remained casual as he began to venture his way in the woman's direction, but as he walked, Sylvas' ears perked forward once more, his head cocking upward as Grayday's voice soon echoed out in response to Heartha's own. He paused in motion as he listened, tail swaying behind him idly as he turned to where Gray had called out, letting the woman (and fortunately Sylvas) know where he was currently located. Changing his course, the brunette male began to jog in Day's direction, hopefully meeting Heartha on the way or even possibly before.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha hadn't had a walk in mind, but for her own sake she began walking in Grayday's direction. Which soon turned into a quick trot out of excitement. And on the way, she caught a scent, which she veered towards as it was a scent she recognized as Sylvas, one of the wolves she needed to speak with. Heartha went ot nudge him as she began to walk by his side, to let him know she was there. Then, she began to speak.

"I have a feeling my heat may be coming soon..." Those words would have no doubt been all he needed to hear, but she felt she had more to say, and she was not shy to say it. "I want children. I have this empty space in me, one I need to be filled with the love I will give them."
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Khoe sighed sleepily as Grayday lifted his head from her side, as she had found him to be just the sedative she needed. Him being there was doing amazing things for her, both mentally and physically; it was as if he had the power to take all of her pain away. With Heartha's call and his own in response, she knew that they wouldn't be alone for much longer, so she chose to curl around closer to him to enjoy the intimacy of the moment for as long as she could.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"Hey," called the silver male, tail thumping sleepily as the two wolves came into view. His ears flickered at the sound of Heartha's voice, but he hadn't quite heard whatever words she spoke. "What's happening?" he asked, dragging himself into a more upright position - still lying, but no longer sprawled on his side.

He felt a strange sense of forboding as he awaited their answer. Had something gone wrong?
What's Mine is Ours
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
It wasn't long till the brute felt a nudge to his shoulder, golden eyes soon falling upon the sight of Heartha at his side as he turned his head to the woman. His speed only decreased a little now that she walked beside him, the mercenary's brunette ears swivelling forward as the silver woman began to share with him what was troubling her mind and the reason for her meeting.

Sylvas remained quiet, though he understood Hearther's pain and the reason behind her plea. A silent sigh escaped his maw as his paws continued to carry him in Grayday's direction, till finally the other male came into view, along with his mate, Khoe. A small smile formed across the co-leaders muzzle as Day called out to them and Sylvas' amber eyes peered over to Heartha briefly before looking back to Grayday, ”There's a question, Heartha would like to ask.” He said, smoothly, the brute's stare peering between the mated pair as an unkept tail gave a gentle sway behind him, though his gaze soon rested on the brooding woman that had called them.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha heard the sigh from Sylvas. She wasn't sure how to take it, whether as a good or a bad sign. She would have no answer just yet, as they arrived to Grayday and Khoe. She had not expected Khoe to be there, and casually dipped her head. Though there was a hint of apology after their last meeting to Khoe in her eyes as she glanced over at her. 

She then moved her head back up to be level. Sylvas explained to Grayday the reason of her call. The rest was up to her, and she offered a small smile as a thanks for coming. "Grayday, Khoe, Sylvas...I want children" she stated, beginning the little speech she had prepared. "I feel as if my heat will be coming soon. Just a feeling, and just in case I'm right...I want to try again. Before my chances are gone with age, I want just one last try. One last time to care for my own." She voice broke for a moment halfway through her speech from inner emotions.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
There was an immediate drawback from Khoe once she heard Heartha's intentions. She looked to Sylvas first with a blatant look of confusion, then turned back to Grayday. She was on all four paws now with her stub of a tail slowly moving back and forth. Would he allow another pregnancy when his own brood was coming so close to birth? And furthermore, would he allow the second mother of his pack to be her? If it came down to it, she would object to her fullest capacity — why would he sacrifice the resources of his own blood for someone else's, and did he expect Khoe to do the same? — though for now she remained silent.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day's heart dropped at Heartha's words, and the emotion behind them. He knew a bit of her story, and truly felt for the woman's loss. She'd gone through terrible, senseless things, and Day wanted badly for her to have the happy ending she was seeking. But another part of him - the part that ran on instinct instead of compassion - was angry that she would even ask these things, after giving her own blessing to Akuti.

"Heartha," he said gently, his eyes flickering to his mate's. "If we had more hunters, things might've been different... but we all agreed that Khoe would whelp this year. We just don't have the resources for another litter. I'm sorry, but my answer is no."

He looked to Sylvas, wondering what the other male would think of this. He didn't take pleasure in denying Heartha this right, and he hoped Sylvas would understand and agree with his reasoning.

"If you come into season when this litter is old enough to hunt, I will support you then," he added.
What's Mine is Ours
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
The brute had remained silent to one side of the group, amber eyes peering to the ground as Heartha went on to tell the others exactly what it was that she most wanted. As her voice sounded, his brunette ears flicked back, laying against his head as she elaborated - he'd endured the loss of one of his own, so Sylvas knew the pain that Heartha felt and could sympathize with the woman, but a part of him couldn't help but feel unsure.

Sylvas turned his attention to Grayday as he began to reply and though Heartha's request was heartfelt, the mercenary found himself in quiet agreement with his silver friend and slowly began to nod his head, ears swivelling forward as Grayday then offered her the chance next season when the new litter had grown – which seemed reasonably fair in the warrior's eyes.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha awaited the answer, occasionally glancing over at Khoe and Sylvas. She didn't realize she had some sort of knowing smile, as if she knew the answer. She did not, and it was as if it hit her hard. "But, Grayday, I-" She caught her words, took a deep breath and let it out in a sigh. 

"I..will respect your decision Day." Her eyes flicked to the side toward Sylvas, her ears lowering by the sides of her head. "I am sorry I took your time." She bowed her head, and began to turn. She felt a tear of sadness, as she had wanted it so. But, Day was right. They did not have enough hunters. She did not want them to see her cry over it.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Khoe, now feeling quite proud in that she was the only mother to whelp this year, allowed her shoulders to fall back and her head to rise in a show of mock dominance, though it was clearly masked as an adjustment to her posture (these had been quite common with the increase in back aches). There were several comments she could have made, each along the lines of, "Better luck next time!", but she chose to keep these to herself so as to not seem immature in front of her two superiors. 

Instead, Khoe flicked her eyes from Grayday to Sylvas, then to Heartha with the lowering of her ears. She was insulted that the woman would even think to ask such a thing, and though she knew what it felt like to want need children she could love and care for, she was selfish in thinking that it was her turn and that no one else had a right to take that from her.

And so she sat, proudly atop her throne.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday watched the woman go, worry and pity clear on his face. He was sorry they didn't have the resources to give her what she wanted, but more than that, he wondered at her state of mind.

"Poor Heartha," he said softly, not wanting her to hear. He looked between Sylvas and Khoe for their reactions, and found himself holding back a flash of anger at the smug look on his mate's face. He opened his mouth, halfway toward scolding her, before letting it fall shut. He stalked away - in the opposite direction the woman had gone - muttering something about the borders.
What's Mine is Ours