Moonspear so you bring the battle home
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Yet another snowfall had put the stony mountain into silence. His thoughts of climbing upward to take in the sights were laid to rest by such; Dirge didn't feel like contending with any more than he actually had to today. Instead he had busied himself by unearth the frozem contents of a cache, tossing frosty clots of dirt this way and that in his progress to store away another offering. The grouse had been tempting to take for himself, but seeing how he had rested it from within Moonspear's clutches it only seemed right to keep it there.

He wasn't really a fan of the gamey bird and as of late, also didn't feel like much of a beggar either. His fill of such had come and gone earlier in the season and now with the stores of a pack to pick out of, he found his choice cuts mingling here and there when the days were fruitless. Today was almost one of those days; it had been quiet and he was unsurprisingly restless. It showed in his movements, the way his nails raked over loose stones and cold dirt, the way his dirtied snout rooted through sticks and leaves to make a pocket that he could stow his contribution away in. A huff left him as he nudged such items away, finally in a position to grab and hastily shove the bird in before his handiwork either folded in on itself or otherwise collapsed.

He puffed stray fuzz from an old hare off his lips and was pushing up from the hole he had worked into when someone's voice cut through the ambience he had tuned out. His eyes were searching out the other faster than his ears could turn and he almost missed the dark streak as they shifted downhill through crevices and crooked trees. The return call he gave was sharp and short—as though to suggest "hey, I'm here!"—and nary a thought crossed that maybe it wasn't directed at him. It had come towards him, hadn't it? His gaze roamed over the jumbled terrain, seeking the other from some emerging point and uncertain of just who it was and what they wanted... and with no knowledge whether or not they would stop.

Whoever it was, they were definitely interested in something.

i saw dirge's name... couldn't help myself. (¬‿¬)
but totally feel free to ignore him too!
Messages In This Thread
so you bring the battle home - by Terance - December 10, 2017, 09:48 PM
RE: so you bring the battle home - by Dirge - December 11, 2017, 05:34 AM
RE: so you bring the battle home - by Lyra - December 16, 2017, 11:48 AM
RE: so you bring the battle home - by Terance - December 16, 2017, 12:06 PM
RE: so you bring the battle home - by Dirge - December 23, 2017, 07:53 PM
RE: so you bring the battle home - by Lyra - December 28, 2017, 07:17 AM
RE: so you bring the battle home - by Terance - December 28, 2017, 08:48 PM
RE: so you bring the battle home - by Dirge - January 01, 2018, 05:44 PM
RE: so you bring the battle home - by Lyra - January 20, 2018, 08:26 AM
RE: so you bring the battle home - by Terance - January 31, 2018, 05:32 PM
RE: so you bring the battle home - by Dirge - February 06, 2018, 03:28 AM