Deepwood Weald when the night was full of terrors
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
A few more minutes ticked by in relative silence as he nestled further into unfamiliar territory. The scenery was more of the same in the tangled fern-laden grove but with enough variation that he did not slip entirely away to his thoughts solely. Dirge did spare a brief wonder for what the place would look like in bloom, questioning if it would be full of life and all green or half-choked by weeds now dormat beneath the frost.

A pause later on the edge of what he decided was long buried growth, the sense that his solitude was about to be interrupted overcame him. It was well timed by a bubbling growl as another seemingly materialized and emerged from the earth and ferns itself, though his dark coat certainly lent blending to the gradually dimming light of the waning day. In the same moment Dirge regarded this stranger he drew in a breath, wondering if somehow he had come stumbling close to a territory better steered clear of. Nothing turned up other than the damp and musty air; this dark-haired fellow was going it alone.

His words on the other hand provoked confusion to come rising up on his features; Dirge turned an ear halfway back as though to express this, a single word freed him his mouth: "Pardon?" It was a harsh language to hear, the inflection of tone difficult to ascertain had it not been for the growl that had preceeded it. Though not unfamiliar with uncommon tongues, it was not one he had heard, not pieced together with recognizable but broken words he already knew. This day had just taken a turn for the interesting.

Of course just as quickly, the stranger fled, and Dirge was left just as perplexed.

dice rolls are totally fine if it comes to it. i'm also strictly a mobile/tablet user so i can't hover so i guess that's more points for immersion lol. thanks for joining! welp since theyve gone inactive, edits for possible continuation... rip yet another thread ugh
Messages In This Thread
when the night was full of terrors - by Dirge - January 22, 2018, 08:41 PM
RE: when the night was full of terrors - by Sara - January 26, 2018, 06:06 PM
RE: when the night was full of terrors - by Dirge - January 28, 2018, 03:49 PM