you do slow burns
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Her paths often roamed up. So eagerly did she turn her focus there, once a meal settled her hunger and the lower reaches of the mountain had been lapped at least once. Amekaze was learning much in a short span of time. She was enjoying the relative freedoms this gave her..since she had not returned to Swiftcurrent's territory any since leaving to scout, then finding herself with Ferdie and Jace afterward.

She followed a creek, one that spawned somewhere further up the mountain. The waters were always crisp, chilly but sharp in their currents. It was far from the waterway of Swiftcurrent, but instead a suitable mountain stream to feed the landscapes just nearby. Usually she came to it for a drink, trailed it a while then departed. However today, she followed it best she could, even when the mountain's slopes began to grow a little less easy to just lope merrily across.

So she would put her nimble paws to work. The water's pace would quicken over rocks now and again while its path would shift abruptly. In places, it would be forced to shrink down to nearly nothing, or made to divide its current into several tiny streams instead of one decent one. Ame eventually found a steep face, but with it came the creek's brief transformation into a waterfall. She was forced to pause, loitering at the base of it with the smell of mountainside water clearly in her focus.

The day was fading into sunset already, but she was far from ready to end her investigations. Ame was looking for a path even further up, at least to the top of the hidden creek's waterfall..

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Making something up here you can go along or not, I'm sorry about the missed week, I would have done it for real if I had, had the time :D

At the top of the water fall lay a fallen tree wide enough in it berth that a wolf could easily lay upon it, The inner trunk of the tree had been molested by some creature looking for shelter the trunk was partially dug out making the tree hollow to the half way point but this also weakened it. In a few more seasons the tree would likely crash into the river and be pushed down the mountain side by the rushing water.

For now however the tree lay wedged firmly above the rushing water and that was where Ferdie lay, He had been watching Ame from his perch a smile upon his lips, his head upon his front paws. Rest an finally good food had done him wonders, his pelt had a shine back and his waist had begun to fill out, when he could he had been trying to leave gifts near by Ame when she slept, though he had only done it twice now.

As she crested the embankment his tail thumped upon the hollow wood but he didn't lift his head he wanted to see her expression when he noticed him, he loved to watch this 'intriguing' female, and today had been no exception.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
s'all good, you had a lot going on and i totally understand :3
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

She milled around quietly, after a quick drink of course, and tested a few routes upwards that did not quite suit her. She wasn't paying all that much mind to what exactly rested overhead, especially with the sound and smell of the waters taking up a lot of her senses, but instead the best way to trek. Since the mountain was largely uninhabited by anyone she was unfamiliar with, and even less so up further up the elevations, she felt at ease enough to not watch all angles all at once.

Soon though, her paws took to a slick path and she ascended further bit by bit. She was still pleased to have found this facet of the landscape at all, and just as satisfied to know that treasures like these lay hidden upon the mountain territory.

Then, her stoic investigator's expression shifted as realization stopped her in her tracks. Ferdie..? she chuffed with a look of surprise. She had smelled him around the mountain here and there but always guessed he was pretty busy -- either healing up or otherwise. Things had surely been out of the ordinary for him with his exile from the creek, his injuries, and all else. Plus, Ame usually kept to herself anyway, so not always encountering others was not odd for her. Although she did suspect him to be leaving random gifts for her (which was curious to her), but she had yet to catch him doing so.

I did not even smell you, she called as she made the final few bounds to reach the top, which allowed her to get a good look at Ferdie's lookout log. She smirked. You have found quite a perch here, she complimented with a gesture towards the fallen wood. The waterfall had interested her well enough and this was all the more. What do you think of all this? she asked, this time with a broader gesture towards the whole of the mountain. Considering the circumstances of everything, he looked.. well. This was easy to notice as she settled into his company.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —

Ferdie lifted his head finally and stood up carefully, the wound on his neck had a healthy scab but it was large and would eventually scar, he hoped his pelt would not turn white or worse yet not grow back over it, he was a rather vain wolf when it came down to it.

It's a nice spot, but don't try fishing from it the current is to swift Ferdie grinned at his own inside joke. Those that knew him well knew his dislike for water and his luck with it. This 'luck' only made fishing harder for him. If fish was the last food item left in the world he'd more then likely starve to death.

He shifting into a sitting position and motioned for her the come up next to him. Come see the view... Form the tree truck he could see the bottom of the falls where Ame had be loitering he could see the trees and clearly some foot paths used by deer more then likely, but those paths were so subtle they may have not be recognized if one walked across it. Only this higher view showed the trail plainly.

Ferdie Missed his owl friend @aryn and hoped the little Fauna would follow him here, she was getting so good at speaking 'wolf' if only he could learn to speak owl, he however did not know many others or had access to them to just listen and learn.

He answered Ame's question properly then. I think this land might serve us well, if we learn it and memorize it it can be used to our advantage if we are attacked... Doubtfully though for it's secluded and protected but the down fall I see is many months away, Where will the prey be in winter? Ferdie frowned then staying here meant the pack would likely have to travel away to hunt in winter.

He turned and looked at Ame, he eyes roaming over her head and shoulder, taking in every detail of her pelt and frame as he mulled over this problem, he hadn't realized he had drifted off or that she might consider him to be staring at her rather then to be lost in thought.

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She peered to the current then, having already doubted it to be a very good fishing spot at all a little ways down stream even. Ame was not surprised to see it so swift here, but she liked it anyway, and smoothly stepped onto the log to peer downward. Afterward, she was quiet while she took it in. Mountainside views paired with the waterfall's stream suited her alarmingly well.

Amekaze settled neatly at his side. Mhm, the fishing seems better downstream, anyway.. she remarked, for she had been scouring the stream for potential good spots. She had not yet spent any length of time actually fishing though. That would come soon enough. But the view there does not quite compare. She exhaled softly.

The expression got a little more serious for a beat. Nodding, she had realized its defensive potential as well, and was pleased that he had seen it too. Ame had wondered what Fox may ever do to her pair of exiles once she realized they had set up a claim here, if anything, or if other enemies would arise from elsewhere in months to come. I agree, she mused and glanced towards him. I am learning it steadily already. If we are ever attacked here, the mountain is our advantage alone.. though wise wolves rarely attack mountains, she huffed. Her father had talked of their tactical advantage more than once, and even though she had been too young to fully appreciate his teachings then, what she did remember stuck with her now. However not all here are wise. She flicked an ear, vaguely considering who all this could apply to.

And, winter was another matter. One that was still faraway but inevitable. Certainly worth keeping in mind, even now. Hm, hard to say. The hills of this mountain may harbor a handful of small herds. If not, I would guess the Vale will winter more.. But these were mere guesses. In my homeland, the mountain still had some hunting come winter's reign, although the forests at the foothills were much better, not to mention easier to hunt in.. She felt his eyes on her but didn't shirk back. In his company, she was at ease; let him observe, then.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —

Ferdie Von Pelt's eyes softened, she didn't seem to worried about it, so he wouldn't obsess over it then, when the time came the pack would rally, a good pack should be able to anyway.

Slowly he tore he eyes off her, he felt a flutter in his chest he could not quite understand. He looked out over the waterfall and could not help but imagine pups playing down stream growing and learning, so could almost hear pupish laughter. His eyes moved to the landscape beyond, not as woodsy as he was used to, but it held beauty beyond that.

You right, with the oasis there should be animals that would want to stay close to it over winter, and I think further up where less wolves have ever gone, there may be a hot spring, I see fog at odd times when I gaze up there from this spot, it might be treacherous to get there though.

Ferdie smiled he figured Ame might be up for a challenge he glanced at here from the corner of his eye, a mischievous glint in his own. Even as he said it though the sky was darkening it's soft purple hues fading into darker purple and deeper blues, the cloudless sky made for a wide open gorgeous sky filling their first memories of the Sunspire with a rather romantic view...

It says in the description that the sunspire is largely unexplored perhaps we could do a pack activity in the future which involves discovering it maybe and it'll help them overwinter I'm sure. So we could work of discovering it now and getting it added to the territory description :D
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
ya i really like the undiscovered aspect of sunspire. gives us lots to play with in the future heheh

Winter on a mountain would never be entirely easy, but such was the nature of the season itself. It made sense to her now why her parents insisted on the claim of the mountain and the forests nearby, no matter how much the rivals would pressure it at times. The pack would have never been able to sustain the same sort of growth in times when the mountain was even more unforgiving than usual.

She listened, feeling strangely determined to not let the prospect of the future irk her any. Everything had always been so vague and uncertain to her, with her next day never planned in any amount of detail. She had been going with the flow which had eventually led her here. What it would continue to become remained unseen.

Ferdie seemed to take her words for all their worth and she nodded as he spoke of the oasis. A mountain it may be but it was a prosperous one from what she had seen. While not knowing what it would be like come winter was a downside, she was confident it would not be entirely inhospitable. Her ears then pricked especially at the mention of a potential hot spring here on this very mountain. That would be interesting. There are the Firestone springs not very far away, so it is very possible.. she reasoned and felt inclined to investigate it further. Curiosity brimmed already.

She did not know the fullest extent of the geography of a hot spring, but if one was just a stone's throw from here, another did not seem impossible. How far up do you think it is? Judging by the steam he had seen, anyway. I have not been further up than this, really.. I do intend to see more, she murmured. Her sights had been set on the uppermost reaches for a long time now. How are your wounds, by the way? They seem to be doing well enough, yes? she asked now before her focus went too much towards potential explorations and other matters of that sort. Ame had been wondering about this for a handful of days now, and wanted to hear it straight from him. She took the chance to look him over intently, lingering where the worst of the injuries were.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —

Ferdie Von Pelt shifted and spun carefully and awkwardly so he was facing the mountain rather then the water fall. Taking a seat upon the tree again to give him more stability. coincidentally the side facing Ame now was his wounded side, the scabbing where his head met his neck met seemed healthy, his twice wounded shoulder had a thicker scab upon it; however, he was used to caring for himself even if he didn't know how to use plants to his advantage. His cleanliness helped keep infection at bay.

The stiffness in my shoulders is almost completely gone, my skin heals daily, my hope is the past will be washed away in a week or two his ears flipped backwards momentarily his expression bitter for a moment before he looked upward toward the mountain and drew a deep breath, his ears flipped forward and he grinned.

There Ame!! His voice was joyous his mood brighter. He turned and looked at her their eyes met briefly as she had been looking at him at the time, Ferdie barely noticed as he used his muzzle to lift her chin from below, she only had a moment to see it before the light faded. Just the the right of their location and much further up, a light haze billowed softly from the mountain side, although if one wasn't looking it might not be noticeable. It was light, almost a fog but not quiet; the cooling of the night air drew the warm mist upwards. It didn't look like there was a decent path to the spot from here though. Not from what Ferdie could see anyway.

As the light continued to fade the warmth in the air did too, the mountains were cooler then the swiftcurrent creek Ferdie had gotten used too. The skin below his pelt trembled a little, he would hate to admit it but he missed the den he had shared with the yearling Bazi. However she had been turning into a fine wolfess and he was to old to intrude much longer even before he had been cast out.

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Asking of his wounds was sure to stir some sour thoughts, but she would pry no further to irritate this further, especially since the outlook on them was good. She simply nodded. Neither he or Jace were evidently facing issues with healing. All they would need is time, now, and Ame's tail switched gently at the notion to signal her contentment.

She watched him attentively and let her muzzle be guided as he shifted her focus upward then. Her eyes narrowed to a squint up towards the mountain's upper reaches, where the mist rose in subtle tendrils into the darkening skies. Had she not been looking for it, it would have been easy to overlook. She tried to discern how far it may be, exactly, but she knew mountains were exceptionally difficult to predict.

Hmm, she rumbled thoughtfully as she scanned the slopes. There has to be a path. Somehow. Mountains are tricky, but I do not believe this one would make its secrets entirely inaccessible.. she murmured. I will see what I can find. Even if I cannot get all the way there tonight, a start is better than nothing... she concluded, and in a quick gesture she nipped at the fur of his chest and took to her feet. Are you coming too? she asked over her shoulder just before she sprung from the log and waved her tail.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —

With the ever darkening sky, Ferdie was concerned about traveling in a mostly unknown terrian, however they were planning on staying here a long time and traveling at night would heighten their senses and likely make it easier to memorize the mountians topography

When Ame nipped at his chest and leapt away he was sold, nothing would stop him from following her now. His eyes caught her slender shoulders and watched as her hips slid across his view, she moved with an easy grace, leant to her by her feminine form.

He laughed enjoying the release it offered his tight chest and leapt off the log, though he was not was graceful as her his movement held strength with which he was gaining back each day. Regular meals helped him immensely.

His muzzle brushed her flanks secretly tasting the air before he almost regretfully moved off taking the lead hoping that she would attempt to race him. When she was in-front he got to watch her, His grin was wide as he wordlessly invited her to do so.

While eyeing her he had to spread his attention; he needed to watch the land and make sure he wasn't going to blunder into anything like he had the first time he had met her.
Quickly the ground tilted upward but the foliage gave way easily beneath his paws, the overgrown plants make the travel slower slightly and slightly more difficult to manage however there seemed to be tendrils of a path there; maybe made by Rabbits.

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

With summer having lengthened the days considerably, Ame would just have to be mindful of the dark. It had been a while since she had done too much extensive mountain trekking, especially in the dark, but she was quietly confident in her abilities and sensibility to not let trouble find her or Ferdie's path. The worst that could happen would be that they would not find the springs and have to retire away for the evening unsatisfied.

He took the lead and for a beat she let it go unchallenged to lope after him contentedly. Most of all, she was pleased he was going as well, but after a handful of strides, she gathered herself and pressed forward to gain speed. Flattening out, she determinedly sped towards him and nipped his haunch as she passed by it.

She watched him from the corner of her eyes, smirking her satisfaction away while she ran across the slopes in company that she couldn't think of much she would trade it for. Eventually, though, she was forced to focus and not on him or his doings. The terrain shifted and her ears quivered eagerly at this change; it had been too long and with a chill, she was reminded of home. She could taste the air turn towards the thinner mountain's upper reaches altitude, too. Ame breathed deep, eventually slowing up to a much more reasonable pace for navigating the foreign ground underfoot.

She lifted her muzzle when a rabbit broke from the foliage just ahead, darting as fast as it could back into cover out of sight from predators like herself. Ame chuffed. She had suspected as much, but actually seeing them without looking was a good sign. I am pleased.. she licked her teeth and panted softly. ..to see prey even up here. Her tail waved. But look. It cannot be far. I swear, I can almost.. smell it, the telltale scent of hot springs was faint in her nose, unique as they were. All the time she had spent at Firestone made it easy to notice.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —

A long time had past since Ferdie had traversed upon a mountain, suddenly he was reminded of his past, his first pack, called Alaskan Mountain within the Cascade Mountain region, and he realized how much he missed the mountains.

It was a wonder The SunSpire had not called to him earlier. His steps became more confident and sure footed as the moon rose in the sky offering them almost as much light as a the sun might to their keen eyes.

A lingering smile played upon his lips as Ame took the lead, it had been to long since he had smiled genuinely, His heart warmed in his chest. His tail flipped up high over his back, naturally and comfortably, he was more at ease with himself now. The rabbit darted close to him and he lunged snapping his teeth into it's haunches. He nearly fell off the trail and toppled toward lower ground but he managed to back peddle with the screaming rabbit in his jaws. Three massive flicks of his head and the rabbit fell limp; he closed his eyes in pain, the large movement causing his discomfort in his neck. Taking a moment or two to regain himself he quickly picked up pace and followed Ame still holding the Rabbit by it's haunches.

The pair would come upon a sheer rock face with a gentle cooling mist flowing down from it's ridge. the Hot springs couldn't be to far but the climb would be near impossible unless they were part mountain goat, They might have to seek away around the the rock face to find the treasure at the top.

added pictures and things

I was thinking they would come to a rock face something like this and.....

[Image: Most%20of%20the%202012%20Insanity%20Tour...5149-L.jpg]
...or...
[Image: gietro-cascade-falls-600x450.jpg]

oh the inspirations for the mountain goat comment came from this

[Image: 111768667-mountain-goat-descends-a-sheer...images.jpg]

when they get to the top they would have to travel down into the springs, which would have a pool and caves leading further in,

[Image: IMG_1165.jpg]
To see this photo BLOWN up click here
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
ahh i love the pics! i feel like this is a weird lackluster post but i didn't want to leave you hanging. work has been crap lately and i'm too worn out to write better right now haaa

Her ears stayed forward and in a moment, Ferdie commanded her attention when he took advantage of the sudden rabbit. She turned on her heels to watch, anticipation building as she took it in. Although not her hunt, she was interested, and hopeful to see his success unfold.

The scent of blood soon touched her nostrils. With a low chuff and tail waver, she applauded his successful kill.

And soon, she was stilled to take in the sights that unfolded before her -- a sheer dropoff of rock, impressive and daunting by itself and unmistakably impossible to navigate. Dark as it was and bathed in the earliest moonglow of the evening, she kept quiet in the face of nature and let her eyes trail slowly up. Ame was impressed

Ah, well.. she eventually breathed and peered at Ferdie. The spoken question remained: how to continue, precisely. Ame would follow his lead for now and was perfectly content to see where it would take them. Feeling so relaxed and (dare she say it) comfortable in another's company was a strange sensation, but certainly not one she could find off-putting. Thus, why she was finding herself rather at ease, even on unfamiliar (albeit interesting) terrain.

She already appreciated the subtle mist and knew that, now or in the future, it may be in her interests to spend much more time here. Just to see what may come of it. Learning all the aspects of this mountain was going to keep her busied all summer long.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
it really does seem lackluster, you put that eloquently, :D I'm sorry to with trying to create the pack and then this past week was taken up by my wife's dog show and having to put appointments in for the week I missed with our family loss My heart wasn't in this one, though I wanted it to be...
So lets end it here and take it in in the packlands :D

Ferdie Von Pelt paced the rocks face looking upward with the rabbit still hanging in his jaws. He snuffed loudly seeing no immediately obvious way up. He returned to Ame's side his tail drooping in defeat but spending time with her was time well spent no matter when he did with it. He gently touched his head to her shoulder before setting the rabbit down on her paws.

Darkness loomed around them like a thick blanket, and he frowned looking around the humidity hinted at rain though nothing fell from the sky yet. Let's den here for the night and try again in the morning I'm sure in the light of a new day things will have a better perspective

Ferdie's eyes swept over her form then up along the rock that halted their progress, he found himself comparing Ame to the mountain, full of surprises and yet holding a grace and beauty all her own. She seemed one with the mountain ever did he feel blessed she came with him. He was sure to learn much from her yet.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
hah ya i know the feeling, my heart's not been with the writing too much either with work being SO MEAN lately. but today was my first day off in like forever so i'm healing finally. but this is just my junk end reply don't even look at it <__________>

The slain rabbit fell limp at her paws and she peered at it quietly. He then spoke of truth, to which she nodded after looking skyward; it was particularly dark now and while she had been eager to face the challenge before, she could not surmount one as steep as this rockface they had found. She could concede defeat for the night but this would not be the end of it.

Sounds good, she murmured before plucking the rabbit off the ground and padding off gently to sniff out a decent place to bed down for a while, assuming he would follow to do the same. They would rest up, and approach it with renewed vigor later.