defying gravity
<FONT FACE="High tower text"><div><span style="color:#b8b0b0;">w</span><span style="color:#bab2af;">e</span><span style="color:#bcb3af;">'</span><span style="color:#bdb5ae;">r</span><span style="color:#bfb6ae;">e</span><span style="color:#c1b8ad;"> </span><span style="color:#c3baad;">s</span><span style="color:#c5bbac;">m</span><span style="color:#c6bdac;">i</span><span style="color:#c8bfab;">l</span><span style="color:#cac0ab;">i</span><span style="color:#ccc2aa;">n</span><span style="color:#cec3aa;">g</span><span style="color:#d0c5a9;"> </span><span style="color:#d1c7a8;">b</span><span style="color:#d3c8a8;">u</span><span style="color:#d5caa7;">t</span><span style="color:#d7cca7;"> </span><span style="color:#d9cda6;">w</span><span style="color:#dacfa6;">e</span><span style="color:#dcd0a5;">'</span><span style="color:#ded2a5;">r</span><span style="color:#e0d4a4;">e</span><span style="color:#e2d5a4;"> </span><span style="color:#e3d7a3;">c</span><span style="color:#e5d9a2;">l</span><span style="color:#e7daa2;">o</span><span style="color:#e9dca1;">s</span><span style="color:#ebdda1;">e</span><span style="color:#eddfa0;"> </span><span style="color:#eee1a0;">t</span><span style="color:#f0e29f;">o</span><span style="color:#f2e49f;"> </span><span style="color:#f4e69e;">t</span><span style="color:#f6e79e;">e</span><span style="color:#f7e99d;">a</span><span style="color:#f9ea9d;">r</span><span style="color:#fbec9c;">s</span></div></FONT>.
55 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Stepping into the hard rock trail that surrounded the mountain side, a skeletal figured made its way, swerving occasionally when the path became steeper. The female was staring blankly at her feet as she went, walking in complete and utter silence.

It had been about a week since her mother passed away, the poor girl was still in shock. Even if she had known from the start that it would eventually happen she did not expect for it to come so soon. She clenched her jaw as the memories of that foggy morning appeared in her mind.

Her mother's body, curled beside her, almost as frail and thin as her but with her fur matted and stained to the point of looking yellowish. Sick even. Claire had nudged her a couple of times before she realized there was something wrong. She stood and rolled her onto her side, feeling like she was caught in some cruel joke or in the middle of a tragic scene from the Lion King. It had been simply horrendous.

The girl shook her head, wanting to get rid of the images of her mother's expressionless face. Suddenly the same reeking scent of death she had got from her mother that tragic morning reached her nostrils. In front of her a small mountain goat, with it's legs twisted into unimaginable angles laid in a rock. It seemed tragedy lurked everywhere.

What a shame, she thought as she approached, sniffing the corpse without much interest. Even if she had not eaten for more than three days, she didn't feel hunger but repulsion towards the little deformed animal. Perhaps he had slipped and broken its legs, after all the mountain was treacherous and a simple mistake could be fatal. She wondered if she could have the same fate if she didn't watch her footing. The simple thought of having her paws twisted backwards made her face contort into an ugly frown/smile. As macabre as it may be, Claire often found herself pondering about death..
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

From a perch just a ways up, she watched with subdued curiosity. She had captured herself a small meal then set out to rove and study the slopes to learn their finest details, which had then led her here, where she had stolen a quick rest. There was a tiny part of her that considered stalking back towards the Creek today and perhaps seeing if her paths may cross with a leader-ranked wolf there. But, just as the idea was formulated, she deemed it undesirable.. for now. On a comfortable, partly cloudy sort of day, she decided her interests were better off elsewhere.

Naturally her hawkish stare was drawn to the unfamiliar figure of a wolf dressed in muted shades, who wove a path along the mountainside. Amekaze decided to descend, and began to cut her own path towards the unfamiliar wolf with intentions to follow.

As she did, she found no pack scent. There was nothing to it -- not even a smell of comrades (for she knew that sometimes loners banded together). Only the wilds themselves, with which the dark Rikudou was familiar. Not too long ago she had been just about the same. However, lonerhood had suited her surprisingly well. Even now, she was happiest when she got to behave in much the same way as she had before.

She continued to track the tanned female until she was a mere stone's throw away. A wise loner would rejoice over a free meal as that, she intoned smoothly with a flick of her muzzle towards the fallen carcass, all tangled limbs and cruelty aside. Afterward, her minty stare settled on the narrow, angled features of the wolf in question with a slight squint to accompany. Perhaps she was ill (in the head or the body?), so Amekaze did not close the rest of the distance between them yet. She stood where she was, poised with a dash of nonchalant confidence, and wondered what reaction this may earn her.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
<FONT FACE="High tower text"><div><span style="color:#b8b0b0;">w</span><span style="color:#bab2af;">e</span><span style="color:#bcb3af;">'</span><span style="color:#bdb5ae;">r</span><span style="color:#bfb6ae;">e</span><span style="color:#c1b8ad;"> </span><span style="color:#c3baad;">s</span><span style="color:#c5bbac;">m</span><span style="color:#c6bdac;">i</span><span style="color:#c8bfab;">l</span><span style="color:#cac0ab;">i</span><span style="color:#ccc2aa;">n</span><span style="color:#cec3aa;">g</span><span style="color:#d0c5a9;"> </span><span style="color:#d1c7a8;">b</span><span style="color:#d3c8a8;">u</span><span style="color:#d5caa7;">t</span><span style="color:#d7cca7;"> </span><span style="color:#d9cda6;">w</span><span style="color:#dacfa6;">e</span><span style="color:#dcd0a5;">'</span><span style="color:#ded2a5;">r</span><span style="color:#e0d4a4;">e</span><span style="color:#e2d5a4;"> </span><span style="color:#e3d7a3;">c</span><span style="color:#e5d9a2;">l</span><span style="color:#e7daa2;">o</span><span style="color:#e9dca1;">s</span><span style="color:#ebdda1;">e</span><span style="color:#eddfa0;"> </span><span style="color:#eee1a0;">t</span><span style="color:#f0e29f;">o</span><span style="color:#f2e49f;"> </span><span style="color:#f4e69e;">t</span><span style="color:#f6e79e;">e</span><span style="color:#f7e99d;">a</span><span style="color:#f9ea9d;">r</span><span style="color:#fbec9c;">s</span></div></FONT>.
55 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The girl lifted her chin when the sound of approaching pawsteps reached her ears. She lashed her tail as she recognized the distinctive smell of another wolf. She wasn't in the mood for trouble, to be honest she wasn't in the mood for anything.

If she could just lie in the ground until she was absorbed into the dirt, her bones and flesh desintegrating into ashes, she'd be content. Sadly something inside of her chest still clinged to life, refusing to let go and throw her youth away.

Claire faced the dark female, and swiveled her ears from back to front awkwardly, "Well wisdom was never one of my attributes" she muttered, her eyes lowering to the ground. She couldn't quite understand the intentions of the wolf in front of her, there was no trace of hostility in her voice.

"It's all yours if you want it.." she shrugged, as she scrunched her nose in disgust.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

There was a measure of scrutiny in her eyes, one looking to figure out what to think of this. Otherwise, she was dashed in vague curiosity. She had made this strange loner her business from the moment Ame had spotted her, especially considering her proximity to the haunt she, Ferdie and Jace were attempting to firmly establish.

It is a wonder you persist at all, then, she mused in return with a smirk playing across her features. Her muzzle had lifted in the meantime and the dark wolf's eyes had narrowed just a hair at the continued words -- as if she needed this wolf to permit her to the carcass. Amekaze had confidence that if she wanted it, it could be hers.. even if the tanned female did have an ounce of sense rattling around in her head. She did not remark, but let the shift of her expression potentially relay the fleeting message while it passed.

Why do you not take any interest? she asked then, having straightened her back. Shouldn't it only be natural? Did hunger not have its talons dug into her belly? Even if not, why not hoard it away for later? She could find little sense in this. And, you roam alone. There are several packs here.. many less than hospitable towards loners, which was true. While the Sunspire was not yet a true pack, Ame was uncertain about someone possibly ill lurking nearby. However she was making her assumptions, not yet sure if they were true or not.

55 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The gaunt female didn't mutter a word, and just stood there staring at the deformed body of the little mountain goat that like her perhaps had taken an unfortunate fall, of course with the difference that she was still alive. Barely, but still breathing. Her fall had been more spiritual, she felt like she was standing at the end of the road, hanging by a thread over an abyss below.

She only raised her gaze from the carcass when the female asked why she showed so little interest, she managed to give her a weak smile, "I feel ill" she croaked, "On the inside" she then explained while closing her eyes for a few seconds. "But it's not contagious, don't worry" she barked softly while she met her eyes. Hoping the female didn't back away like she was some type of pest.

Then the dark she-wolf went on, telling the young girl about the packs that lived on those lands, unforgiving creatures that fed off the fear of the outsiders. Just like her."I have no other choice, sadly" she moaned, the images of her mother's face fresh on her mind. "My mother has died recently, and I'm still grieving her departure.." she whimpered, as she shivered from the sudden cold that embraced her frail body.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Amekaze's expression stayed blank, although a remark quivered on the tip of her tongue. It was little wonder the tan wolf admitted that she felt ill. She looked the part, generally speaking. Ame had seen loners look worse however but this came as no surprise. She pursed her lips thoughtfully, inwardly pleased to hear it was not contagious. Not eating will only leave you feeling worse in time, she replied eventually and left it as that. She had no need to explain the basic requirements for life here.

Her ears fanned back as the female spoke on. At first she was curious, but it shifted towards something else soon. Pity? Perhaps, although veiled carefully and only a vague dash of it. Amekaze maintained her outward indifference yet she realized that if it had been her dead mother at hand here, she could have very well been just as pitiful. You will be joining her soon if you stay this way, she pointed out and gestured towards her, meant to indicate her thinned form. Grief is unavoidable, yes, but I do doubt that your mother gave you life so you could wallow it away on her behalf.

She shifted her weight and let her eyes trail back to the fallen goat. A decent meal. She planned to carry it back to the mountain's slopes with her when she left, unless circumstance dictated otherwise. Do you not have any other purpose? To each their own, however, she dismissed then licked the backs of her teeth.

55 Posts
Ooc —
Away
When the ebony coated female spoke, she felt like she was in a therapy session; tied to a chair while her shrink evaluated her poor state of mind. Claire simply nodded weakly to her remark, "I know, but I can't get myself to keep anything down" she admitted while she squirmed with discomfort as she thought of the numerous times she'd tried to eat and ended up vomiting everything right up.

She glanced again at the small corpse that layed on the ground a few steps near her, suddenly it didn't look so disgusting. If you took away the little goat's pained expression and ignored the awful tangle of legs that tied the body together, it could even look provocative.

When Ame noted how Claire was of joining her mother, the pale female clenched her jaw with pain. She could not seem to think of her mother without feeling hate and sadness flood over her whole body. Of course she would be forever grateful to her, she gave her life and protection during her life, but she would never be able to forgive her death. A cowardly deparure that had left her only daughter with nothing. Claire's way of thinking on the subject was quite ironic considering she had been in the same spot just a day ago, when she was laying on the rocks waiting for death to claim her soul.

Still what the female said was totally true. She wondered what her mother would've thought if she could see her at the moment. Her hazel eyes dull and her fur basically hanging from nothing but her bones. No doubt she'd be dissapointed in her little girl. Throwing it all away because she was alone. One way or another she'd have to be alone, so there was really no valid reason for Claire to throw such an awful tantrum about it.

"No" she replied hoarsely, "I have not found my purpose yet.." she added quickly as if to hint all the fight left in her heart was still not gone.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Amekaze wouldn't bother to press her further to eat. She was no mother hen lording over whelps, busy making sure they all ate enough to sustain and the dark female certainly held no interest in pestering this loner about it much more. She said she could not keep food down, so truthfully, she guessed it would go away in time. Whether or not that time would come before her existence came to expire was unseen but Ame felt indifferent towards it either way.

Hm, grief is unnecessarily cruel. Perhaps it will become easier to ignore in time, she chuffed. The more she heard, the more she found the situation curiously odd. Motivation was very hard to see in this female. Sounds unfortunate, Ame replied, though the words weren't exactly laden with sympathy -- more a simple stating of the facts.

She shifted her weight and splayed out her ears. Well assuming you remember how to eat, you should have time left. To sort it out and.. do whatever was necessary to pick herself back. She did not seem to be on the edge of death. Maybe join a pack for a while.. or something to that effect. I liked living as a loner, but it is far too easy to feel aimless as one. With no one around or no greater causer to adhere to, she had probably indulged far too much in the seclusion of the lifestyle since she had been lucky in usually being able to feed herself decently and not encountering packs that ran her off. At least not until the end of her time as one, when the free spaces she had preferred had gained new pack neighbors that were just too close for comfort. She believed she probably could have made it work, but the risks were higher there. Not to say she regretted joining a pack as she did, though.

55 Posts
Ooc —
Away
sorry for the delay

Time.
That was what the girl needed; time to figure out what she would do now that her mother had left her, and time to get over the fact that she was now completely alone in the world. With no known father or sibling to turn to, Claire was now forced to take the bull by the horns and go out to the world. Alone.

The girl could not even bring herself to look at the black female, she could only manage a soft woof when she suggested joining a pack. Claire knew too well where the conversation was heading. Either Amekaze would offer her to join the pack she was in, or she'd send her off in the direction of the nearest pack. Both scenarios seemed bad for the female.

For one, why would she ever offer a wolf like Claire a spot among the pack when she was clearly a burden rather than an aid. Then if she did send her off somewhere else, how would Claire know she was not walking directly into her own grave? Confused the female twitched uncomcomfortably as she sorted out her thoughts.

"What pack do you speak of?" she half grunted.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
no worries!

Although their Sunspire cause could use more wolves, Amekaze was not overly eager to extend a welcome to her. They were too small to afford serious burdens, did not have extensive caches to let them leech from, and frankly she was not a very good recruiter. But, thankfully, that was not what she set out to do today.

Amekaze had no particular pack in mind for her, and she was not name dropping their mountain or suggesting any in particular. At best she just intended to give the beige female something to do besides mope, and maybe, while she was at it manage to survive too. The dark female wasn't interested in finding her shriveled up and dead somewhere in this mountain range.

She pointed her muzzle towards the northwest, roughly aiming for where the Totoka river wove through the dense forests. I suggest heading towards the coast. There are at least three packs between here and there, and if those do not attract you any, scavenging is decent along the river and on a good day, excellent at the beach, she spoke from experience as it was how she survived the winter as a loner. Then with a few smooth strides she headed towards the carcass. Best wishes, for whatever it is worth to you, she added before lowering her jaws to the fallen creature. She heaved it from its spot and began to make for home with it in tow, assuming the wolf had nothing else to address, of course.

55 Posts
Ooc —
Away
shall we start wrapping it up then?

The dark female gave specific instructions to the girl; instructions that were vital if she wanted to stay alive. Claire took in all the information given and gave Amekaze a grateful woof. It seemed that the set of directions was the only thing she was gonna get out of the female, so Claire decided it was best to leave.

Wether she'd actually try to join a pack was still unsure, the pale girl didn't comprehend the rules and conditions that were included with pack life. But it was worth a shot, she had a slim surviving chance on her own and even if she could manage to fend for herself she craved companionship more than ever now that her mother was gone.

The female was quick to come forth and claim the goat's crippled corpse, she hauled it up the mountain leaving Claire forced to go, "Thank you..." she barked, noticing that they had never exchanged names.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
yuss, i'm gonna start on some trade threads even more soon and wanted to finish up some older things so i don't swamp myself ;.; thanks for the thread!

Amekaze had no idea if the female would heed any of her advice. She believed it to be in her best interest but in the long run, she was not overly invested in the beige wolf's cause. While she wished her no harm, Ame thought it was all up to her to survive and overcome the loss of her mother, as well as its lingering effects. Telling her a good place to go for easy scavenging was the best she could do here, so she thought.

But she was not going to let the carcass go to waste and had decided that her time here was done; she was eager to return to the Sunspire to see how things fared there. Her attachment to the place already seemed more concrete than the Creek, but it was still awfully early to say for sure.

The female offered her thanks and Ame grunted her reply through the fur of the fallen babe, although it remained indecipherable. The meaning still held whether or not the one it was intended to caught it and the dark female gave her muzzle one last dip before heading off back towards home.

Not long afterwards, she was out of sight of the other female and steadily closing in on their mountain. Once there, she intended to cache her find deep in the territory, perhaps to enjoy it another time when hunger arrived in full force.