The Sunspire i had it all figured out, even what we would argue about
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
something that had never registered to terance was the concept of death. his parents were old. when he was born his mother had been on the brink of death-- but he was too young to understand, and by the time he and sarah parted from their little family osprey had been fine. but no one had ever died. the fear of loss hit him the most when he'd almost lost wraen to that cougar, and that was about as close as he'd ever come to knowing what it felt like to lose someone. and as seabreeze explained her own perils, terance felt a similar wave of dread pass over him. not as dire, this time he managed to hold some composure and not break down into sobs at her feet-- but the thought of doing so was still there, just heavily suppressed. 

he didn't know how to answer. god damn it. he wanted to tell her something comforting or... helpful or something. but as always, terance's words failed him and he ended up just staring at her with a sad expression and his ears pinned to his skull. she continued anyway, explaining herself. and though terance wasn't sure that was the most logical way to go about it, he mostly saw where she was coming from. to him, if rannoch ever had any problems that he could take care of-- he would. it made sense, maybe, but terance had never seen himself as someone with too much going on that someone needed to take over for him, that just made him feel bad. 

he hesitated, then, because even though terance had grown quite fond of seabreeze in the few weeks they'd known each other... she was right. terance wasn't even sort of over lyra, and it wasn't fair of him to try to start something new when his poor little heart was still so desperately beating for another wolf. but he was getting better-- he really was. he watched her with a sad gaze-- for a few reasons. 

"i care about you... i'm.. not a counselor, i don't know the right things to say but i'll always listen to you. don't... don't think you're not worth something to me," he began slowly, carefully. he wasn't sure if he was at fault for her actions, she didn't give a very specific timeline, but something in him felt responsible. he wanted to help.

he was still a little uneasy-- she seemed so concerned that he wouldn't want a part of this. he knew what he signed up for. he was a little blurry-eyed and starstruck but... he knew what he did, and terance held himself responsible for all of his actions. this was no different. "i want to be a part of this. with you, no matter what," he said with a small smile, "friends have done weirder things with each other." haha, good joke, terance. good timing.