izakoza osekkyou
็งใฏ้›ทใฎใ‚ˆใ†ใชๅ‘ณ
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

She lurked the foot of the mountain with a scowl firmly etched onto her features. It was warm out, customary for summer, with humidity that seemed to be climbing as the afternoon hours passed. Amekaze wondered if it may rain again by the evening. It had been rainy lately, but that, she did not mind.

The last few days had been spent not doing her ideal -- exploring, mediating upon the upper slopes, so on, and not because of the rain showers... Instead, over and over, she trekked the lands the Creek wolves had touched and worked diligently to overlay their scents with their own. Even if their visit had been brief and without blood being spilled, the assault to her senses their pawprints left behind was infuriating. Even with the rain helping, the faintest of traces continued to remain. Either that or she was feeling hyper-aware towards it and easily peeved by the slightest of offenses, especially with the reminders it carried.

Yet every time she recalled their words, and their "show" that they had brought almost inspired laughter. She found it off-putting, though, and stole pause to pee on a patch of tall grass that she believed still faintly harbored their stench.

The dark female scratched the earth with her hind paws and continued on, having realized that she had exhausted her resource of urine for now so would have to occupy her time otherwise. She jogged towards a small creek, took a long drink, then continued on along their mountain's base at a fluid, easy trot -- senses keened, wondering if she may encounter any others looking to investigate their still-new claim. Or worse, Creek wolves. But she was in no mood for them.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the ใ€Œr a i nใ€
<small><span style="color:#b9745e;letter-spacing:3px;">ใƒ‡ใ‚ฏใƒŠใƒƒใƒ„</span></small>
150 Posts
Ooc — Der
Hope you don't mind me! Been wanting to meet your character for a while. I'm also setting this before Leaf was accepted into Swiftcurrent Creek, so she'd still be a lone wolf if that's all right

Leaf was not looking for him. It was not as if she was concerned about a particular big black wolf who had saved her hide from a pack of fox riffraff. No, not at all. She was merely interested in exploring the lands; and having little to no loyalties to the wolves in this land, she felt free to go wherever she pleased. However, it was when she reached the pack borders that she hesitated. How strange that there were two scents here competing for the land. She had believed this was where her acquaintance might be, but it became confused with the scent of another pack farther down. Knowing that this entailed conflict, she moved on.

In her present circumstances, it was of little concern to her. In reality, she dearly wished to care for someone else like that. To have someone held in her heart. It was strange how the heart seemed to decrease without this love. One would think that without others that the heart would be wider, free from worrying and planning. That it would have room for even more things. Instead, the heart seemed to shrink with each love lost, and while it grew emptier, it also grew lonelier. Less alive. This was the particular experience of one little red wolf she knew, at least. One wolf whom she should have known best but in actuality knew less and less as she grew older.

Surveying the borders once more, she narrowed her eyes and attempted to see if he could spy him out. He was nowhere to be found. Still, she searched.
็งใฏ้›ทใฎใ‚ˆใ†ใชๅ‘ณ
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
aaa thanks for joining! and ofc that's fine, ame's timelines are pretty flexible
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Even if she found border duty to be tedious and oftentimes repetitive (plus, her bladder never seemed big enough to mark as much as she wanted...), for the cause of this mountain she stuck to it and worked diligently. The Sunspire had become important to her and her fondness of the land underfoot only seemed to grow with the days. The fact that the Creek remained insistent on shooing them away from what was theirs only served to harden her stubbornness, for she would not go down without swinging first.

She stole pause now and then to scrape her paws or rub her shoulders against particular spots that looked like they needed some more attention, but mostly, she was busy putting miles underfoot. Covering ground, especially mountainside ground, kept this interesting after all.

Her curiosity was sparked by the subtle scent of wolf. Unknown wolf, at that, not just the commonplace smell of Ferdie and Jace. With their borders present, she felt suddenly protective, and wove a path that should bring her to the other in just a few beats.

When she saw a glimpse of red-shaded fur that was even over an underbelly of pale hues, her mind instantly jumped to Fox then shortly after, a flicker of anger -- even if it was not Fox's, or Swiftcurrent's, scent that had alerted her to this at all. Fur rose up on her shoulders and her gait gained more speed, but it was her nose that reminded her otherwise and soon her eyes confirmed this, albeit with a quizzical squint; this was not Fox, but a very similar-looking creature.

She decided this was better than that despite how entertaining finding Fox here may have been. Ame strode closer purposefully and wondered why the fox-colored was here. Lose something? she queried simply.

<small><span style="color:#b9745e;letter-spacing:3px;">ใƒ‡ใ‚ฏใƒŠใƒƒใƒ„</span></small>
150 Posts
Ooc — Der
Though Leaf would later join Swiftcurrent Pack, she was at the moment blissfully unaware of her similarities to that pack's leader. Still, there was a growing suspicion that something was not quite right. Wolves would approach her with a tinge of what was clearly animosity but would later calm upon identifying her. It was as if the entire valley was filled with wolves who seemed to think being hostile was a greeting. Tempted as she was to conform to the majority, she decided to be the nail that stuck out. She wondered how long it would be before she was struck down.

So in what was more reactionary than intentional, the little red wolf decided to be particularly open. She felt a lick of fear at the sight of the other pack wolf, who she would summarize as sleek. But then, there was something about the other wolf that was also peculiar or perhaps particularly interesting, and in what in reality would probably never happen, she was able to recognize what this "interesting" was. "ใŠใฏใ‚ˆใ†" she called out naturally enough in a voice that was perhaps too chipper. She stepped forward to meet the wolf and yet was not dominant in her stance. "I lost some of my mother tongue. Did you want to help me practice? It's been a long time since I've met one of us." Though she had not been born on the islands of Japan, she was accustomed to the culture and would sometimes joke it was because of her previous incarnation.
็งใฏ้›ทใฎใ‚ˆใ†ใชๅ‘ณ
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

If the Creek and their disagreements with the Sunspire had not been so glaringly fresh in the forefront of her mind, she may not have thought too much about the similarities between the two wolves. She was wondering, briefly, if perhaps they were related.. although a more up sampling of her smell seemed to lean towards most likely not.

Ame was pleased to not be reminded much of the Creek, beyond the appearances, which she was coming to see the differences now that she looked closely. They were subtle enough.

So, with that much gathered, she was prepared to regard this loner with vague interest -- the fact she lurked so close to the Sunspire warranted the natural protectiveness of home, hence the upward tilt of her tail, while her expression was not overly serious or aggressive as it would have been with a Creek resident. However this all changed, suddenly, when she heard the greeting.

Ame's ears pricked, then quivered curiously at the sound of something so rare yet alarmingly familiar she almost believed she had misheard at first. She was reminded of many things suddenly. It was just a hello.. yet much else as well.

Her stoicism had stumbled here, leaving her confused, surprised and then tenfold more interested. The use of "us", too, spurred a great many questions. ใใ†ใ‹... she breathed with a narrowing squint down at the wolf, having loomed another step or two closer by now. She spoke more delicately this way as she was horrifically out of practice, and sure to trip if she was not careful. There were no others to speak this way with here. At best bits and pieces of her mother's tongue slipped, usually when she was exited, but no one ever spoke back. The last time she had enjoyed that luxury was nearly a year ago. ๆ–นๆณ•ใ‚’ใ”ๅญ˜็Ÿฅใงใ™ใ‹๏ผŸ she then asked suspiciously, sniffing at the fox-wolf more obviously now with an outstretched nose.

150 Posts
Ooc — Der
Eheh so I actually don't know Japanese, but my favorite character in the past was Japanese and I played her as such. So forgive my lack of language skills.

Nostalgia swept over the little red wolf, though she did not know for what reason. Carefully keeping her eyes on the other wolf, she watched as a range of emotions swept over her features. She told too much. So when the pack member began to smell her, she freely offered her body. It was all she could do given that she was on the pack borders.

"ใ—ใ‚Šใพใ›ใ‚“" she said, using the formal with the stranger wolf. "This will sound strange to you, but I have a reoccurring dream that I once was a dainty wolf with eyes the color of cloudless morning skies. This was her heart language, and she would speak it to her guardian birds, her mate, but especially her children." The little red wolf spoke calmly, though her eyes seemed distant and fixated on an unseen world. Or maybe it was an intangible dream that captivated her attention. "She lost herself, though, when her mate disappeared. Lost herself to the turmoil in her heart." Blinking she offered a small smile. "Have you been lonely here?" She did not mean that the other wolf was without a pack, for she had certainly found that, but she meant in another sense. She did not specify, however, because she herself was merely guessing and acting upon a mere feeling in her heart.
็งใฏ้›ทใฎใ‚ˆใ†ใชๅ‘ณ
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
s'all good mine is pretty horrible grammar/structure-wise still but i'm trying so i am def not one to judge *flails* ;~;

Amekaze had certainly not been prepared for this. Months had gone since she had found another with this particular skill and to find that this wolf didn't have a solid answer as to how she knew was curious. Ame could barely decide where to begin.

A strange story unraveled there, to which her ears splayed. This wolf dreamed in the past and the distant look in her eyes made Ame wonder -- was she seeing that past truly? While she may never know, it was a notion to consider. I have heard tellings of those that believe a current life is one of many -- a culmination, of sorts. Ame breathed, having stepped back and relaxed her posture only some. Even without knowing more, she could afford this small wolf that much, based on what little she did have so far.. it was something not many brought to her, after all. Yet a circumstance as yours is.. unique. This, I have never heard of.. to which she offered a small chuff of amusement. The satisfaction of new knowledge glimmered briefly.

ใฏใ„ใ€ใ‚„ใ‚„, she did admit freely, although with a glance that lingered elsewhere for a second. Ame hesitated so not to say too much. It was my honored mother's language. None have spoken it to me since I left her side, she nodded subtly, knowing it had been nearly a year since. ใ”ใ‚ใ‚“ใชใ•ใ„, I am rather out of practice..

150 Posts
Ooc — Der
-pets!-

The little red wolf smiled inwardly as wonder trespassed across the other wolf's once veiled face. It seemed right to her to have this so: as if wonder itself expressed reality far more truly than anything else. She did not speak as the wolf continued to verbalize her emotions. For a rather reserved creature, she was being vulnerable. To this, she felt a sense of privilege, if not responsibility. Hearts were such delicate things.

Tittering as the pack wolf apologized for her language skills, she offered her own "sorry" and said she was even worse. It was a response that came naturally with the language they spoke. Language was culture, after all. "No, no your mother taught you well," she said in their language and in the formal, though she allowed some sadness to tinge her voice to match the absence of the mother.

Not offering her own beliefs about reincarnation, she instead pursued another topic of conversation, as if to not want to push her acquaintance out of her comfort. Even so, she would be happy to pursue it further should she desire to. "How did you come to be?" she asked as she motioned to the pack lands with her snout. She had told her own journey into existence, so she hoped the other wolf would be willing to share at least a little about her journey here.
็งใฏ้›ทใฎใ‚ˆใ†ใชๅ‘ณ
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

It was certainly something the dark wolf had never anticipated finding beyond her home. Even there, not so many spoke it that well, or often at all. She then wondered if this small wolf would become a facet of the region, or like many others, wander on to lands unknown. Amekaze had come to settle the idea that she, unlike many others, was staying -- at least for this stretch of her existence -- so having another around familiar with such a tongue could certainly not be bad.

She regarded the words with a quiet nod, for she felt it spoke her sentiments best of all. Language was just one of many things her mother had been sure to impart her with. For this, she was very thankful.

Then, her answer did not come immediately. She glanced the way of the mountain -- their packlands. Home, now..

The simplest answer was that this was just where circumstance had brought her evidently. While she did like to think that perhaps, the pull of nature's energies to best suit her had helped.. if only a little bit. I was charmed by the landscapes and stayed a while for them. I found decent company too, and returned to pack life.. now here on the Sunspire. Her bonds came from there and thus, here she remained despite her intentions to return home that had become distant in recent weeks. Do you seek something? Or passing through? Or both, Ame asked. Smelling of no allegiance, there was no telling.

150 Posts
Ooc — Der
"Fun," the little red wolf quickly answered with a boyish smile. "I seek fun." While it was true that her reasons for coming to the Teekon Wilds was similar to that of the other wolf's--after all, they were all ruled by the need to survive--it was characterized by a desire to have adventure. To have fun. Fun, though, could be judged on a superficial level, or it could be explored. And for her, having fun was a serious matter that always came easily when the circumstances were right.

For her, it was both. "Thank you for taking care of me," she said once more in their shared tongue. It was a common phrase said both out of politeness and gratitude. "Maybe the next time we meet, our circumstances would have changed and I will have become decent company." Though tempted to wink, the little red wolf settled for a bow instead. She knew she was lingering too long on the borders, and it would not be good to outstay her welcome. Still, she thought of him, and she opened her mouth once before hesitating. Then, she shook her head and merely smiled. "Say hello to Big, Black Wolf for me," she said before dashing off, a red streak amongst a gray backdrop.
็งใฏ้›ทใฎใ‚ˆใ†ใชๅ‘ณ
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Fun, to which, Ame's ears moved subtly. A beautifully simple goal, noble yet innocent. She bobbed her muzzle with a small nod; an acceptable enough reason, but just not one she could personally resonate with very well.

Ame was then quiet, thoughtful even as she was thanked, then bowed to from the little wolf. She nodded again but this time a bit more vigorously and could not seem to get the words to go further than the tip of her tongue. Eventually, she breathed a Perhaps.. for she was.. strangely hopeful? Of seeing her again, that was.

The parting words about Big, Black Wolf had her head tilting and she had no time, or particular drive, to question this further right here and now -- which was best, for the little wolf was already well on her way. Jace came to mind first and Ame decided to make mention of it to him next time.

Nevertheless, she shook her fur and assumed a trot across the borders.