Whitefish River great divinity
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
i'd like to use this as a naturalist or chronicler thread :P
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

A warm and humid day had dawned and Amekaze had attended to duty first then slipped past their borders at an easy trot across the flat-lands. Her goal was unclear, for the time, but she had confidence she would find something. If nothing else caught her focus she would head to the rivers for some fishing. Their caches, namely the ones she would frequent, could benefit from some big, meaty fish.

But before she could see the river's shoreline, she noticed the peculiar darkening. One look around brought her focus skyward, towards the sun being overtaken by darkness. Amekaze slowed, unsure, suddenly, of what this meant.

She did not look long, but saw the dark disc steadily covering more and more of the sun. Consequentially, the day darkened around her and nature seemed... silent. This was what made her most uncomfortable by how unnatural it all appeared to her, a mere beast that had never seen nor felt this before. Where days were ruled by light for the whole of her existence, this was a mighty contrast, and surely one brought on by some cause..? Everything in nature did, or so she believed.

She reached the river's area but kept looking over her shoulder back towards the Sunspire's peak, knowing that Ferdie, Jace and the others were likely wondering the same. Now and then, she glanced skyward as well. It only grew darker and her unease was growing alarmingly fast as the questions came rushing. Amekaze did remember myths that spoke of this, oddly enough. But they had always been just that. Myths, tales of old that held no real concrete truth, and even if they had once been reality, it was not in a world such a this one.

A great divine dragon swallowing the sun, one that required great measures to chase away and then there was Amaterasu-ōmikami's retreat into her cave thanks to her brother's mischief -- an act that plunged all of the heavens and the world into darkness until luck and strategy combined brought the sun kami out again. Amekaze growled lowly, for how was she supposed to know what this meant? Or if the sun would ever return as it did in the stories? She hoped, or otherwise without the sun's light and life, these ecosystems were bound to crumble...

She tried to listen. Nature gave no clues. Either that, or she was not seeing them, which was very plausible. So she paced the river's edge, contemplating retreating to the Sunspire already, especially if she could not muster the focus to fish with the day turning to night all around her. But to waste this trip here seemed unwise, especially with the uncertain feeling in her bones. Ame still attempted to focus..

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Kaname was not superstitious. He had no religion or beliefs. He wasn't sure what would happen to him after he died. He did not believe in any god or spirits controlling his life, others' lives, or the world. But he could not explain this.

The sun was steadily disappearing, being blocked by a black disk. He kept his gaze away, sensing pain in his eyes and dizziness as he stared at the sun. Shaking his head, he trotted to a nearby river, hoping to take a drink to steady his head and make him relax. By the river he saw another wolf, female, pacing. He contemplated the darkness around him as he lapped at the water. What did it mean?

He looked up at the female, who seemed just as confused as he. "What do you make of this, huh?"
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Her ears switched anxiously, still, even if the motion of her limbs helped soothe the tensions. It was the absence of the sun and good vibes altogether that unnerved her most of all, as if the sheer mystery of it was not enough. While Amekaze was a creature based in logic combined with a curious appreciation of myth and how it served to explain nature, she still fought back uncertainty, which its presence alone was unwelcome.

The day darkened more steadily and soon, she realized she was not alone at the river. She was quick to peer at him, his own shadowed shades and all -- right down to the chilled blue of his eyes (which consequentially, reminded her of another of her honored-mother's tales..). Breathing deep, she then noticed the scent of Jinx. Ah, so she was not far from their reach..? Or he was prone to travel, which could have been the case as well.

Snorting softly, she paused her steps and squared up her stance once she had neared him somewhat. Since he had initiated conversation and not violence, she followed his lead for the time. Hn, it is.. unlike anything I have seen, and certainly amazing in its own right, she replied. It was not something she had anticipated seeing.. ever. And nature is so still in its presence, like it is holding its breath, almost... she explained with a thoughtful expression, vaguely aware of the feeling herself and reluctant to say much more on the matter. Not many could understand what she meant. Surely it cannot stay, she stated. The dark Rikudou shot a pensive glance skyward.

"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
He breathed the female's scent in deep. She was from Sunspire, he recognized the scent from Jace's pelt. What was she doing so far away from her mountains? He didn't bring that up though, her business was her own, unless she was close to pack territory, then that was something different. She snorted at his voice, getting nearer and pausing in her steps.

The female looked thoughtfully at the sky, contemplating the darkness that was created by the black disk. She stated her hope for it's departure, which he, as well as many others, voiced as well. "I guess it is amazing how the sun could be darkened like that. But if this is a natural phenomenon and it has happened before, then it should pass soon." He took a glance at the sky, hoping that the black disk would move soon. As much as he loved the dark and nighttime, day was still important to...to well everything in life.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Amekaze guessed that it had happened again somewhere in history, otherwise there may not have been stories about the sun blacking out at all. Now she realized there may be more truth in those old tales than she had once thought... which granted, was not to say she believed a dragon had once swallowed the sun, just that.. there had to have been some basis in the myth once. Perhaps this was the inspiration? She could not know.

I reason it has happened before, she chuffed. I can recall a few myths that talk of the sun blacking out for various reasons. This is probably the inspiration for them, or so I would guess. So she really hoped. That it was something that would pass soon enough, not an omen of something uglier yet to come. Without the sun, what would become of them? But I cannot help but wonder -- why, and what it is, exactly. And, does it impact nature? Ourselves? She peered at him thoughtfully, unsure of his thoughts or if he had even looked that far into it. He seemed just mildly perplexed by it while she bottled up her unease best she could. The stillness it caused was what bothered her the most, and bit by bit, she tried to rationalize it to understand this.

485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The Sunspire female agreed with him. This thing has happened before, whatever it was. She claimed that she knew a few myths with scenarios similar to what was happening now, which made sense. Why wouldn't you come up with your own explainations for something such as this?

"I wonder if this is happening all across the world...a former packmate of mine claimed to be from a place where the sun rose from the ocean instead of setting in it. It could be possible that this does not happen all over...at least not at the same time."
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Ame nodded thoughtfully. Hm, perhaps.. she murmured. I have heard of places like that, too, but never seen them myself.. So she couldn't quite confirm the validity entirely. Yet she could probably hazard a guess to say that in different lands, the sun rose from the ocean. It was imaginable enough but of no consequence to her, really. She would never see it.

Maybe they do not see it all.. Such as if somewhere far, far away, it is still nighttime at this instant... Ame only knew about these faraway places from vague tellings. Her mother and father both had been literal treasure troves of tales. Thus her love of it.. but she knew not all were truth or heavily embellished across the ages. She sought logic and reason first. They probably would not see..? If there even are such places somewhere. But I do not know, she chuffed. I wonder if it.. will impact the weather in days to come? Or anything else.. It had seemed to be a muggy, damp summer to her that was rarely exceptionally hot but often warm. Would this change? Was that why. She shook her head softly at all the possibilities. Everything seemed normal enough right in this instant, though -- aside from the dark and the unnerving quiet -- which all only made her more curious as to what the meaning of this was.

And so, she would share what she knew in exchange for his commentary that would leave her perhaps a bit more broadened in her own information. Amekaze would stay a while longer to enjoy the moon before eventually heading off towards the Sunspire. But, she had left with intentions to spend the night abroad; she would do just that.