Phoenix Maplewood theatre mix
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
All Welcome 
A dark dame slowly tracked around the maplewoods, her head close to the ground as she sniffed at what was around. Some members simply disappeared and she didn't understand where they were going. If they left for a journey, Desdemona of course would not stop them. It left questions, but ultimately their choice. She was more concerned if someone was taking them rather then the misc. wolves leaving by their own will. So she spent the day, cautiously exaiming scents to find any sort of intruder.

But she found nothing. Her eyebrows ceased into a frown, jades glancing outwards of the territory. Did they willing leave then? She was curious on their departure, as Desdemona was quite content at her pack life in Morningside, but it seems others were not the same. Perhaps goals differed... Was the Pack missing something they needed?
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Stealing!

Aviana was patrolling the territory, too, but not for the same reason as Desdemona. Aviana wanted to check up on what members Morningside had left. She, too, knew some were leaving, but for the ones that wanted to stay, she wanted to make sure they knew they were wanted. So, when she spotted the dark-furred wolf, her tail wagged and she made a beeline for her.

Hey, Desdemona, she greeted as she approached. She hoped not to startle the girl. Her body was relaxed, not bothering to show off her rank in the pack. She knew that wasn't needed with most, if not all, of her family members. How are you? she asked, genuinely interested.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
The dark dame had stopped in her tracks in thought over the matter. Their members were running low, but she didn't know how to keep them, or to fill the gape that was open. Was recruitment a possiblity..? Do Packs do that? Desdemona thought of it a possibility, but she had trouble thinking on how to make it work. Being a rather antisocial wolf, she had trouble picturing a conversation to rope them in without bluntly asking. 

Upon hearing footsteps, her jades cautiously looked backwards. Though upon seeing the Matron, she eased her expressed and ceased back into her more normal, stoic demenour. Desdemona politely dipped her head in greeting, "good evening, ma'am."

She was thankful there wasn't too much change since the temporary change in leadership. While the slender wolf has had minimal contact with Aviana, she seemed kind enough to not bring any old traditions back up; which will, and always be a main concern with Desdemona, "I am doing fine, ma'am," and as per usual, remained polite to the leader, "the borders are stable and well." She gave a report, rather then a casual conversation.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Thankfully for the both of them, Aviana was a pretty social wolf and usually didn't have any problems striking up a conversation. She considered herself a curious wolf when it came to the going-ons of those inside the pack, and she liked to ask questions, but she also was aware of the line that shouldn't be crossed. 

So far, her impression of Desdemona was high. The wolf seemed to always be patrolling- did she sleep ever?- and was there to assist when needed. She nodded her head at the report given. Thank you, she replied. I appreciate you being so diligent, she added. Aviana wasn't usually one to point out flaws in others. Instead, she liked to remind them of what all they were doing right. But, I'm interested in knowing how you are doing, she stated with a soft smile. She would understand if Desdemona didn't want to talk about herself, but Aviana wanted to know that those wolves that were staying were happy. The pack had some trying time lately, no doubt, and she found it important that the wolves verbalize anything they might have a problem with. Are you happy here? she asked bluntly, though her voice was soft. She didn't know Desdemona very well, and the other woman seemed to only speak when it was necessary, and not usually about herself.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona softly dipped her head to the comment, "It is my duty, ma'am." She felt it was needed to throw in her own weight, especially as they fall in numbers. The wolf would put a paw in all that she could, hunting and guarding, and if the time called for it, she would try her best in the gathering of herbs, despite how confusing the plants seemed. They all looked the same...

She was inwardly startled on the question, but kept a neutral expression. The dark dame doesn't confront on her own wellbeing too much, seeing as her duties were more important then a few simple 'feelings.' She disregarded them, but overall felt she was doing alright, "I am doing fine, ma'am." Desdemona did feel rather rough in the beginning, she will admit. The travelling to Morningside from her original birth Pack took a toll on her, but as she fell back into ease in a habitual ritual, the stiffness and tiredness fell away. So she thought, as she didn't feel the soreness anymore.

"I am. I will always be grateful to Morningside." Desdemona added in a serious tone. She was thankful to have meaning again, and felt warm to the Pack. She was prepared to be loyal till the end, and even beyond. The slender fae hoped her actions were clear on the loyalty she holds for the pack and to the wolves.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana wasn't worried at all that Desdemona would do anything but pull her weight. She had shown that over the past several weeks, without question. She had no doubt the other woman was dedicated to the pack. It seemed she didn't like to talk about herself much, but the temporary leader couldn't fault her for that. Some wolves were just more private than others. I'm glad to hear you're doing well, she responded. 

She smiled as Desdemona voiced her thankfulness. Oh, trust me, we're very thankful to have you in these trying times, she said earnestly. The pack has been through a lot lately, and I'm glad to have members like you on board. Without her, Aviana was sure she'd need two other wolves to patrol just to keep up with what she was doing. 

She wanted to ask more personal questions, namely about her past, but Aviana refrained from voicing them. Desdemona might not be one to trust and open up right away, and Avi didn't want to push her. Well, I will continue on. Let me know if you need anything, she said with a soft smile. If there was nothing else, Aviana was going to head back to Faye.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
It felt odd to be praised, and she felt a warmth in her core by it. It was something Desdemona longed to hear from him but the words never came. One can put their whole soul into something, but gain nothing back. She learned to not expect much, but simply continue what one must do. There is no point in waiting for acknowledgement, but she couldn't help but feel it was nice once in a while to gain recognition of hard work. It only increased the determination she held toward Morningside, to work hard for the group.

"Morningside is strong," the dark fae commented. They have been through a lot, the disappearence of members, the lost leadership, and the temporary reigns, a lot has happened. Though they remained strong, and she believes they will thrive. Even if they dwindle, she will remain for the day they rise up once more. For her heart is indebted to this pack, forevermore.

"I bid you well ma'am." She would never hold back someone from their duties, especially not those of a higher rank. They held respondsibilities that she did not, and without them, the Pack is in a dissaray. Desdemona gave a formal nod toward the Matariarch, blissfully unaware of any questioning she held toward her particular past. She wasn't hiding it either, but the only few times she spoke of it was to explain herself, and the differences in culture. Where she grew from, was much different from here, and slowly was she trying to incline on their ways.