Herbalists' Cache Before we packed our bags and left all this behind
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
At first when she heard the voice, she thought it was someone familiar - but she steeled herself against the concept, having learned better recently. The first thing she did was lift her nose out of the dark, and it was dusted with bits of dry fern and soil. She looked around with doe-bright eyes, and spotted the larger wolf -- a boy she definitely did not know. Her gaze first landed on his silhouette, and then on his one red eye as it caught some light (or, rather, more light than the opposite) and she shuffled back in fright. Ibis would never consider herself to be meek or easily frightened, but she felt emotionally raw and decidedly more exposed here in the darkness of this new place, and so she reacted as any frightened child might. She sat up, shivering, and opened her mouth to explain herself - but didn't get the chance.

Another wolf arrived, and she turned to face the sound of their oncoming steps; but when she saw the pale woman her tired mind jumped to one conclusion: ghost! Ibis felt a preternatural chiill descend through her, creeping down her spine and knotting in her stomach. I — I — I wanna go home! I wanna see Okee! I want mommy! She could say so many things, but instead she blurted, My daddy left me!! Her ears slipped back and she gasped a breath of the cold air, feelign the pain of her statement as if Terance had really been here only moments before and chosen to abandon her. It wasn't wrong - it was just the wrong thing to admit to strangers at this precise moment. Why would they care? And how could they think to help her? She sniffles and, pathetically, adds: I wanna go home.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Before we packed our bags and left all this behind - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 18, 2018, 06:21 PM