Dragoncrest Cliffs i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same
328 Posts
Ooc —
Heedless of all that went on around him, Ephraim collided with Svalinn and sliced through with the keen accuracy of a katana. His enemy was large and fashioned similar to Vercingetorix, and Ephraim had learned much from training with the Cheka. His adversary's blood and his own from a wide slash that bloomed beneath his eye splashed his muzzle and then he was buffeted aside, but he didn't know how or why; all he knew was a searing pain exploding in his nape where Eurycrates' wound was, and then he bore witness to a most horrifying scene.

As his panicked gaze swept across those closest to him, searching for an ally or someone else to attack, Ephraim watched as their features bubbled and slid sickeningly away. Soon they were all just grey bodies without faces, just blank expressions, clashing together with clangs of thunder. Ephraim's blood was pounding in his ears, the only sound he could hear, as they slipped back against his skull. He couldn't tell friend from foe and he felt like he was floating above his own body with no hands on the wheel. He moved without any conscious thought as he dissociated from himself. Everything said fell on deaf ears. He bolted—escaping some other faceless wolf's reaching jaws by coincidence and speeding away—and then threw himself into the side of the nearest wolf, thinking them an enemy.

All of them looked like enemies, with their empty faces and their coiled muscles. But the wolf he slammed into with snarling jaws was no enemy—they were rightfully fleeing from their failure—instead it was a featureless @Easy he sought to rend with his teeth.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same - by Ephraim - January 19, 2019, 12:54 AM