Heron Lake Plateau This town is colder now, I think it's sick of us
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Something went very awry, though Wildfire couldn't be sure what or when. She could hear the hitch in Eljay's breath and she, perhaps more than anyone else, could spot the signs of someone struggling not to cry. Her smile slid off her face and she took a step toward him, brow furrowed mostly in confusion but concern as well. She felt that strong urge to reassure him again. What words could stave off the meltdown she could sense coming?

Before she could come up with anything, Raven suddenly stepped up beside her, brushing past as she sidled up to Eljay. "Hey, it's gonna be okay. I'm sad to see her go too but they won't be far," she repeated Wildfire's own words. Her black lips pursed as she seemed to consider something. She looked to Wildfire, whose head tilted, lips forming a question. Before she could ask it, Raven added, "Some will have to go with her, to help support her and to relieve some of the crowding here... maybe..." She was looking to Wildfire again.

The proverbial light bulb turned on above Wildfire's head and she was quick to say, "You'd be more than welcome!"
Messages In This Thread
RE: This town is colder now, I think it's sick of us - by Wildfire - December 19, 2018, 11:38 AM