The Sunspire those of the root
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

It seemed that the pack had grown some lately. Amekaze could smell them here and there, some presences more open and clear than others, but of course she knew their pawsteps had brought them here and into the range of her home. After all, she missed very few things that happened on this mountain..

Ferdie and Jace had done well for the pack, she believed, while much of her time most recently was spent toiling away on some task or another. While she was not the most sociable as she usually kept to herself, her influence was clear upon the Sunspire's slopes through scents and tasks done -- she'd mind the borders now and then, hunt and fish for whole afternoons, cache some excess, and generally map the lands. She was clearly present in her own subtle sort of way.

But now, she lowered her muzzle to the damp earth here on a forested stretch of the mountainside. A small shower had kicked up here early in the hours of the evening (the sun had just begun to set), however the cover overhead from the trees caught much of it. Still, it was humid and so many scents were strong in her nose. She breathed deep and casually began to track a scent she did not recognize, curious to encounter some of the newer Sunspire faces.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
Kodokuna wandered the pack lands, asking at their beauty. She had not been here more than two days and already she felt like she belonged. She didn't bother to pay attention to anything but her natural surroundings. The birds, the animals and plant life. The rustling of leaves as soft winds blew across the land. Kodo did wonder if she would be meeting anyone else from the pack soon though, but she didn't actively seek out pack mates, it wasn't her style.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

She had wondered what the pack's growth would turn out to be like. Already they had seemingly lost a few individuals, ones that she had barely got to know before their scents began to fade from the mountain landscape. But, already there was proving to be new faces to fill the gaps left by those prior. Amekaze hoped they may stay longer, mostly so she could come to know them better, and perhaps form some sort of camaraderie with them as well.

As she traveled a weaving path through the trees, she found one scent growing stronger and the trail it left fresher. Ame picked up her pace to an easy canter until her keen eyes spotted the other -- and she had to pause at what she saw. Such strange markings.. unlike any she had seen before. An anomaly of nature, almost.

She loomed closer to get a better look and chuffed lowly to announce her arrival in the dual-toned wolf's presence for she was not being shy about getting a good look at her. Ame was comfortably composed in her lifted stance that was not brought in an aggressive undertone but a confident one instead. In neither Ferdie or Jace's company, she was dominant, and in fluid steps she approached the stranger to sniff her plainly and regard curiously.

Before speaking, or offering a more proper introduction, Ame was quietly watchful as her tail tip twitched subtly. She wished to see how the other female would regard her first and gave her pause to do so before she launched into conversation, or otherwise.

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
Kodokuna froze on the spot as the female who smelled strongly of the pack she had just joined approached her. Her tail immediately went between her legs, without even thinking and her eyes followed to look to the ground. She knew her place and she knew it was not very high if not the very bottom of the hierarchy she was familiar with.

She did not wish to start any trouble in this new pack, not yet. She was thankful to have somewhere accept her and she would not risk ruining it because she hadn't been submissive to a more dominant pack member.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

In her homeland, the expression of rank had always been prevalent. Her siblings had frequently pressured her own ranking so when she possessed such a rightful title, she felt inclined to wear it because old habits were hard to leave behind. Although it was not like it was anything lofty here, but certainly above the newcomers still. It suited her purposes and she was pleased to see it regarded. In turn, she dialed it back with a tail not so stiff.

I was hoping to meet a new pack wolf soon, she intoned, as if to justify the look of vague satisfaction in her expression. You have an interesting look about you, she observed and took to motion to circle around the wolf casually so that she may see all angles. It was unlike anything she had seen before. Split right down the center, divided sharply into yin and yang. Do you come from far? the dark female asked.

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
Kodo kept her shy gaze down knowing better than to look up, she would have time to do that from afar another day. "Yes, I traveled almost a year before I reached this place." the she-wolf verified with a nod. "I am called Kodokuna" The offering of her name was paired with a small tail wag and a hope that she would find out who the mystery female was.

She had met many wolves along her travels, but pack wolves were so very different than the loners she was used to. Loners didn't have ranks, they only cared for themselves, only fighting if they felt the desire. Pack wolves would put you in your place before you knew what hit you.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Usually when Amekaze saw wolves of dueling tones, they were counter-shaded vertically.. not split like she was. Ame wondered if it was something that ran in her family or was just randomly expressed in her alone. Whatever the case was, she was pleased that she had found her way to the Sunspire.

Ah, she breathed in response and her ears flicked to the name. Strange, too, but Ame recognized its meaning even if it may not have been the intention of it. She wondered of this wolf's history even more now, especially with a name like that and having come from far away.

Ame was also wondering why her language skills were suddenly getting a workout as of lately but she was certainly not complaining. It seems the fates had this in mind, though. Your name means 'lonely' in my second language, did you know? she said and tilted her head curiously. I am Ame, she added although it was not her first given name or even the whole of it, it was what she used now. "Mekkyaku" did not seem to suit who she had become. 'Rain', in the same tongue..

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
sorry it's so short, my brain wasn't working

"My mother told me she chose the name because I was a single pup, alone when I arrived." Kodokuna explained, happy to see someone knew what her name meant, she hadn't any idea how her mother knew, but she did. "It is nice to meet you Ame, how long have you been in the Sunspire?" Kodo asked curiously, glad the female had seemed to accept her a little more than she previously had.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Then it fits in its own way, she intoned. A litter of a single pup was uncommon, to her understanding but then again, she had been one of five. Did she speak the language? Ame asked. Her posture continued to relax steadily through the passing moments, although her eyes remained studious and critical -- as was custom for her when meeting new faces.

When a question came her way, Ame chuffed. Since its founding. A little before, even.. She had helped Ferdie and Jace settle this claim and had left Swiftcurrent to follow them. Officially, she was a founder here albeit not as prevalent of a figurehead as Ferdie and Jace; just the way she preferred it, though. Ferdie, Jace, and I all were part of the same pack before this. Ame wondered if she may be more interested in any of the Sunspire's other history, however limited it actually was. They were a young pack still so it was only expected.

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
"I'm not sure if she did. I didn't ever get to ask her." Kodo replied with a small shrug. She smiled at the thought of her mother who must have been well traveled to find a foreign name for her pup.

"Why did you all leave?" Kodo asked curiously. She didn't know anything about the pack she had joined or much about her pack mates other than the fact that they were her pack mates.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Amekaze nodded in quiet understanding. For a brief second, she missed her own mother in her own way. However, she wouldn't pry deeply into the topic of this wolf's mother, as it was no consequence of her. With her answer received, she turned her focus forward.

Kodokuna's next question was not altogether surprised. Ame exhaled softly as she gathered her answer. Disagreement with the way things ran there, is the simplest way to put it.. Although she had simply drifted away. Ferdie and Jace would not kill one another on the Alpha's rule, and were deemed no longer welcome. I followed.. however I had not been a part of their ranks for very long. So it was obvious that her attachments had not run deep in the Creek.

Her exact involvement in all of this was intentionally left somewhat unclear. She had gone on a whim almost.. but Ferdie (and her want of his company) had played a big part in it too. The new Sunspire wolf had not prompted for that level of detail, though.

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
sorry this is so late, had a crazy few days -_-'

Kodo nodded, wondering why they would have been commanded to harm each other in the first place. It didn't make much sense to her, and she supposed they felt the same. Hence their leaving to form their own pack. "Are the others of this pack kind like you and Jace and Ferdie are?" Kodo asked softly. She constantly worried about being rejected and having to leave when she hadn't gotten to stay that long.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
aa that was no wait at all imo ^-^

Amekaze tilted her head. All the wolves I have met are good company. Otherwise she wouldn't keep them. Some I know better than others, and we have had a small influx lately it appears. Even I have a few more to meet.. she explained. There were scents she could not yet match a face to. But I trust Ferdie and Jace's judgement. An unwelcome wolf will find no place here. If Ferdie and Jace did not see to it, she would. Amekaze believed they functioned well as an effective group and so far, she was content with the leadership above her. But as she had said, she knew they wouldn't let it come to that in the first place. Amekaze wondered if this was something the dual-colored wolf worried about.

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
"That is good." Kodo replied with a small smile. She looked over to the female and then back to her feet "Where is the best place to fish around here?" She asked, hoping the fellow she-wolf would know of a place Kodo had not yet found.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Ame was pleased by the subject shift. Have you tried the mountain's Oasis? A creek due south of it is where I have decent success, too, she gestured her nose its direction. It was a good spot she had decent success in. Outside the packlands, the Totoka river will be especially good when the salmon begin to run.. Which if memory served (and how strange was it to imagine her having been in the region nearly a year now?) would be starting in the fall.Do you fish often? she pried with a cant of her head.

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
"Every chance I get." Kodokuna confirmed. "Fishing is my hobby and passion. I am carrying on a tradition my father started." She continued softly. She wondered if the she-wolf also fished, or perhaps she wasn't very much of a hunter. Kodo made a note to herself about the oasis and its southern creek, as well as the salmon run outside of pack lands.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

The answer was an affirmative. Ame nodded and was extra pleased to hear it was a tradition carrying on into the next generation. She could appreciate that. I see, she breathed, unwilling to relay too much of her satisfaction. Was it him who taught you? she asked, for she had assumed so when Kodokuna said it was a tradition he started. I fished often when I was a loner and still do. Usually, I am near waterways, anyway, so it is advantageous for me, she explained. Her pull to them was strong. Even on the mountainside, her paths often traced creeks to ponds and otherwise.

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
Kodo nodded and smiled "we should fish together soon, I rarely find those who enjoy to engage." She offered. Kodo's goal was to befriend as many pack mates as possible, for what else did one do in a pack? She felt a droplet of rain hit her muzzle and frowned "Its going to start pouring soon." she observed, her tone ensuring all knew her distaste for the foul weather.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

We should, she agreed and switched her tail. It would be a good opportunity to get to know one another better, as Ame did intend to be less reclusive towards her packmates. Then she too realized the raindrops as Kodokuna mentioned it. Ah, yes.. Perhaps another storm.. she murmured and glanced skyward; it had been a rainy summer by her standards. Although, she was not complaining. Our paths will cross again soon. I will keep you no longer, she smirked and dipped her muzzle in a gesture of farewell. While she was not yet comfortable to give Kodokuna a nudge on the shoulder, she certainly considered it before she turned on her heels and took off up the mountain slopes, which left the two-colored wolf to do as she pleased in regard to the upcoming rain. Ame, however, had business she wished to attend.