Hushed Willows “my temper would perhaps be called resentful.”
Banned
6 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
Joining 
couvert ⇀ hushed willows, elysium
temps ⇀ early morning
sommaire ⇀ without much purpose or pretense for settling, sont is drawn to elysium, lulled by the familiary serenity. as it stands, what's compelled him to have come to the wilds remains unknown
@Lily & anyone else welcome!

“I have faults enough, but they are not, I hope, of understanding. My temper I dare not vouch for. It is, I believe, too little yielding— certainly too little for the convenience of the world. I cannot forget the follies and vices of other so soon as I ought, nor their offenses against myself. My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would perhaps be called resentful. My good opinion once lost, is lost forever.” 

Tʜᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴠɪsɪᴛᴇᴅ Rʜᴀᴇsᴜɪᴀʟ ᴀ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛ ғᴇᴡ ᴛɪᴍᴇs
, Sontés had become familiar enough to know Mordaunt's haven had very few willows.
The ones that the sanctuary did have would only be found when they were meant to be - wanted to be, needed to be. The justice remembered well of the time when the false fanatics had ruined the haven's blessed children; remembered, because he had been the last line of defense to sentence the apostles when their leader had fled Kiomaralis's respelendant wrath.

Otherwise... even without having been born there, Rhaesuial would imprint itself in any which way on one's soul. Whether through meeting those born within its realm, being tended to or transactioned with, that unholy spirituality settled there, whether you wanted it to or not. This sense of evoked serenity is what drew the retired minister to the embrace of these creaking, calm willows.

Like Rhaesuial, they were a personal rarity. So, regardless whether it was overly inappropriate or not to linger here, the umpire did so either way. After having aided in the restoration of the far-northern sanctuary, having seen the twins off to where he'd now arrived, and all that had followed... the weight of weariness wasn't unfamiliar to him. Neither was fatigue.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
gotta go to work soon; getting this in my timeline!

The nausea that assailed her during the first weeks of pregnancy had not yet gone away, despite assurances otherwise. She slept less as a result, and was up before the dawn, walking the willows and trying to keep the rolling of her stomach at bay. Her sides had grown larger; she was acutely aware of taking up more space than before, of a heaviness in her step that was new. 

It was both thrilling and irksome. 

Vilkas, was her first, panicked thought upon seeing the stranger from afar, but one long breath was enough to dispel that disturbing notion. He was new to her, and though the sanctuary's borders were relatively loose, she still regarded with wariness those who entered without a howl. Just because a door was unlocked didn't mean you went in without knocking. But then, maybe that was just impending motherhood rearing its head. 

Hallo, Lily greeted, giving him a smile despite it all. After all, perhaps Olive or Delight had met him previously. You're a new face around here. I'm Lily; who are you?
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive was pleased with the sanctity of Elysium, for better or for worse. Nothing really happened, which was the exact culture that Olive had tried to build within Elysium’s willowed walls. Simple, smooth and sweet — calm, cool, and collected. The vicissitudes of life only brought despair and stress, so the woman tried to stay as far away from it as possible. The seclusion suited her, and hopefully, it suited her pack-fellows as well. 

Anything that happened near Elysium came to them, for they did not go out looking for it in any way. So, when a presence was made known at the borders, Olive made quick work of any distance that stood between them. Lily, of course, was already there — gravid as she was, she was still the most attentive of the lot — and Olive could smell the slight sweet scent of sickness upon her. With a nod and a grimace to her co-councilwoman, Olive turned her attentions towards the strange male and nodded to him too. She sat down, ready to observe this interaction.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Banned
6 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
The mild enrapture that the willows had engulfed him in shivered, the way a still, unassuming pond would with some stone from on high. He returned to himself slowly, and his body reacted where his mind still meditated; felt the words, edged with a smile, before he saw it. Cream jaw worked efficiently enough to tongue out an inflection of "Good morning," before clarity finally came to his gaze and he was able to add, "I am Sontés."

The female who'd offered herself as Lily was of a darker make than either he or the brighter female who appeared, then. There was something that limned his host's scent; not unlike the undertones of earth which heady wildflowers draped and nodded themselves over. "Forgive me. I was only admiring this grove, when I'd meant to be resting; for all I've lived, I've not come across many." It wasn't in him to presume her stature, however he condescended to allow a flickering curl of his lips in return.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
He was very formal; the sound of it brought a smile to her face, even as she was still testing his name gingerly, silently, on her tongue. You're forgiven, Lily assured him, a bit of laughter in her voice. She turned to Olive, who had arrived, giving the Shakti a nod before returning her gaze to the newcomer. All are welcome here, as long as you're respectful and civil.

Where do you come from? she asked. Are you from around here and just on a short trip, or passing through from somewhere far away? The wonder in her voice at that last bit was unmistakable. Lily relished a good origin story, particularly one that closely matched hers.
Banned
6 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
Mouth quirked at the aspect of civility — the epitome of his being, he liked to think — and Sontés tipped a becoming chin at her forgiveness. ”I come from rather north, beyond the Bracken Woods—if that’s what those hinters are called.” How to phrase the rest of this...? ”I was closely associated with a haven known as Rhaesuial, although I hadn’t been born within its realm. My services were more... judicial, if you will.”

Nonwithstanding having retired from Le Parlement to pursue the far south, Sont had no qualms with belaying his story within this copse. ”So, I suppose I ‘come from a land far-far-away’,” the once-justice griped, but with a wry tone. Thankfully, he had not been one of the few to have crossed the treacherous Icefields; but his scrutinizing gaze still softened with the dry weariness that comes with long travel. ”In truth, a part of me misses my lady’s realm. It has been some time since I’ve chanced upon a place so at ease, as this.”
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
A shadow crossed her face at mention of the Bracken Woods, a bittersweet thing. How she missed those trees! And yet, when they were brought to mind, all she could smell was the sour stench of sickness. All she could see was Lana's body gone frail and cold.

Things had been better. . .once. And then they'd gotten worse, and that was why they had come here.

Lily lost part of his speech in her reminiscing; she came back to herself when he was wrapping up, giving him a polite smile and a dip of her head. We once lived near the Bracken Woods, she murmured, then pushed away the subject for now. I'm glad you find this place appealing.

Her tail moved slowly, gently behind her. Would you like to stay? she offered, lifting her chin in query. Might as well show their hand now, before the opportunity slipped away. We would be very happy to have you.
Banned
6 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
To his credit, Sont hadn't even realized that Lily had been lost in thought -- after all, the same could be said for him. But it was true, he did find this place appealing. And when the offer of staying was given, Sont couldn't find any particular reason in which to refuse, exactly.

"I would be honored to stay," he replied, his weary face mirroring her own amiability as he made to rise to his paws. Sont couldn't refuse, even if he wanted to; the desolation of the north had left him spent; and if Kiomaralis' children were here, well... he hoped they were safe. And if not, then surviving.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Excellent, Lily replied with a jubilant wag of her tail. You can stay however long you need, although I always want newcomers to stay forever, she added, smiling ruefully. I should probably temper my expectations. But no, as long as you contribute, and are kind, this can be your new home.

She hoped he was excited. She hoped everyone that arrived in these willows was excited by the prospect of Elysium. Everything she had heard about other packs--the possessiveness, the aggression--was off-putting, to say the least. Lily thought they had crafted something special here. She was glad to see a new face; so many had left, recently. Not many had stayed.

Do you want a tour? she asked, glancing toward Olive. One of us could show you around, I imagine. She didn't mind, although she did feel a bit tired, now that she thought of it.
Banned
6 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
Sont nodded at her admittance, his lips curving at her words. For now, he would take respite; but he wasn't against settling here, in time, if a time such as that should ever come. He wondered how he may contriubte, exactly, aside from hunting, and kindness, of course. The minister may have a guise of haughtiness, an a bearing of distance, but amiability... it wasn't so foreign to him.

In his slew of many opinions, nobody should be shamed for wanting security over savagery. All the same, though, how do you pick up the threads of an old life? You fumble with them, and they get tangled; you have no choice but to begin anew, even if it means leaving what's become 'home
behind. 

"A tour would be welcome," he smiled, coming nearer and looking between her and the silvered Olive. "I would be remiss, though, if you over-exerted yourselves at my expense. I do appreciate it, regardless." The thick plume of his tail wavered at his burnished hocks, eager to begin, but at as much of a relaxed pace as they wanted to go at.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She dispelled his worries with a shake of her head, smiling. It's okay, she replied. I've been walking a lot, lately, since the pregnancy started. It's what the babies want, I think, she added, turning to Olive with a grin. They'll be wanderers. Makes me happy and sad at the same time!

Her gaze returned to Sontés. In any case, we'll make it a quick trip, Lily chirped. Olive, if you want to join us, you're more than welcome.

With a tilt of her chin, she gestured for the newcomer to follow, beginning to pad deeper into the forest. Oh, what to show him first? He would see it all with time. . .but she really did love showing others around.

fade here? :D <3